Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 18, 2024, 07:42:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LiterBike rules released  (Read 3199 times)
cdc

my superbike. nutts someone copied my avatar.

« on: May 29, 2008, 11:55:45 PM »

AMA liter bike rules for 2009 allow the 1098S (or is it R?).  Also allows Aprilia RSV4, BMW S1000RR!!!, KTM RC8 and MV F4312 among other Japanese inline 4 1K bikes/  Buell 1125Rs are also allowed.  See rules here:

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2008/May/080529e4.htm

cdc
gt1000man

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 03:39:56 AM »

Well the R has 1200 cc's and 40 more hp than the S. Ferracci has one discounted for $36,999. Want to go privateering Charles?  waytogo
never2loud
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 04:12:55 AM »

Well at least someone decided to put an end to the perennial Suzuki parade; if you look up the definition of "Boring," it's AMA Superbike Series.

I'll tune in for 2009.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 01:03:30 PM by n2f » Logged
fastwin
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 07:46:30 AM »

Well at least someone decided to put an end the perennial Suzuki parade; if you look up the definition of "Boring" it's AMA Superbike Series.

I'll tune in for 2009.

Amen to that sister! applause As much as I love Yosh/Suzuki and the gang I got tired of AMA SBK a long time ago. I might not even go if I had free tickets and they raced at Cresson. That's sad. Cry
James.M

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 08:49:24 AM »

woooo 36,9... hmm
cdc

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 10:15:56 AM »

Well at least someone decided to put an end the perennial Suzuki parade; if you look up the definition of "Boring" it's AMA Superbike Series.

I'll tune in for 2009.

Word!

woooo 36,9... hmm

There's a little matter of a truck to sell James (a frontier was it?).

Well the R has 1200 cc's and 40 more hp than the S. Ferracci has one discounted for $36,999. Want to go privateering Charles?  waytogo

For that kind of dosh, it would sit in my living room!  I may be slow but I ain't delusional ....yet!

How'ya doing Leo.  I want to hear about Italy!  How's Hotlanta.  Wanna go to INDY?

cdc
gt1000man

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 02:42:03 PM »

How'ya doing Leo.  I want to hear about Italy!  How's Hotlanta.  Wanna go to INDY?

cdc

Hey Charles- Italy was great except that the factory tour and the museum were off limits due to a Ducati Motor Holding deal. Riding the mountains with a Ducati group here.... they are a bit intense. Miss you guys  a lot though. Indy is a possibility although I may be back in Dallas as my company just bought EDS and I am part of the deal. Let you know more when I do.

Take care
Leo
cdc

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2008, 09:31:23 PM »

Hey Charles- Italy was great except that the factory tour and the museum were off limits due to a Ducati Motor Holding deal.
Leo

Glad you enjoyed Italy, Sucks that you didn't get to see the factory.  Guess you have to go again.  What a life!. 

You're coming back to Dallas huh?  Good news for us I'm sure I hope it's good news for you too (job wise).

cdc
fastwin
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2008, 07:05:41 AM »

Ah, what do they mean exactly by Liter Bike? It just hit me, are these the new Superbike rules? I assume so since I have heard that the Superstock class is supposed to disappear next year. I wish them luck, I guess anything will help the abysmal racing that currently takes place in AMA SBK. In the mean time I will continue to be glued to the TV for every World SBK race!!
fastwin
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2008, 07:13:44 AM »

Lisa, did you read on RoadracingWorld.com yesterday that Boulder Motor Sports is going to race the 2009 World SBK Championship next year on 1098RS Ducatis?!! I do believe that is Brian Sharp's shop. How freaking cool is that!!! applause
cdc

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2008, 01:56:57 PM »

I can only imagine it's for the superbike.  don't they race the 848 in FX? Huh?

cdc
never2loud
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2008, 06:35:25 PM »

Lisa, did you read on RoadracingWorld.com yesterday that Boulder Motor Sports is going to race the 2009 World SBK Championship next year on 1098RS Ducatis?!! I do believe that is Brian Sharp's shop. How freaking cool is that!!! applause

Nice!  waytogo 
Giannis
Bad Brains

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2008, 11:03:13 PM »

So the GSXR1000 K9 will have to use just a slipon to compete on this new class since stock bikes already make 170hp at the rear wheel and the rules say 180hp  max...

this class is a Joke....  Sounds more like superstock ... bang head

And i dont think is Suzuki's fault that the rest of bikes/riders are not as good as the top 2 guys maybe they need to find  better mechanics and talent to beat ben and Mat...

Dont hate the player.. hate the game...

Billy: We did it, man. We did it, we did it. We're rich, man. We're retirin' in Florida now, mister....
Captain America: You know Billy, we blew it....
www.speedjunkies.gr
calscrazy

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2008, 05:31:31 AM »

still to be determined is how many teams and which bikes will be entered?

home will always be between the red and rio!!!
2007 m695 errr recently passed away
never2loud
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2008, 06:12:08 AM »

So the GSXR1000 K9 will have to use just a slipon to compete on this new class since stock bikes already make 170hp at the rear wheel and the rules say 180hp  max...

this class is a Joke....  Sounds more like superstock ... bang head

And i dont think is Suzuki's fault that the rest of bikes/riders are not as good as the top 2 guys maybe they need to find  better mechanics and talent to beat ben and Mat...

Dont hate the player.. hate the game...

Never said anything about Mladin or Spies.  Hell, Spies is a "local" guy; both are clearly talented riders.  I've nothing against either.

Every fading series sells out at some point and everyone that follows racing of all stripes can point to specific examples in most categories.  In this case, Yoshi Suzuki has been the benificiary in the AMA Superbike Flavor of the Month Sweepstakes. 

Congratulations...

It's made for some of the most boring racing on the planet.  And I'm sorry but I've got a real hard time stomaching the idea that the other Japanese bikes in this series cannot get within half a lap at the end of a race to the Yoshi squad simply because their bikes AND riders are inferior.  No TEAM (Yoshi Suzuki) gets that sort of sustained advantage without tacit consent from the people running the series.

So yeah, big heaps of shame should be piled on the AMA governing body.  But assigning blame where blame should go does not effect the outcome of the racing

The real pity of it all is that American Superbike racing COULD be some of the most exciting AND competitive motorcycle racing anywhere; we've certainly got plenty of home-grown rider talent; too bad the best they can hope to do is flop around at the back of a "superbike" grid.  I honestly can not believe there are sponsors willing to throw money at this series just for the limited TV exposure each time "their" bikes are lapped by Mladin or Spies... which works out to be something like two and a half times per race...

But what of that funny clicking sound you've been hearing during AMA Superbike races for the last several seasons?  It's the sound of TV sets around the globe switching OFF. 

GO!!! AMA
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: