Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 29, 2024, 07:35:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Some questions...Some thoughts!  (Read 2199 times)
calscrazy

« on: May 31, 2008, 11:35:48 AM »

first can you explain to me how if bike A (cost 27000 requires service every 5000 @ $350 per service) is cheaper than bike B (cost 8500 requires service every 7500 @ $500 per service). isn't it pretty darn close to the same maintenance wise. i had this arguement today picking up a birthday gift for a friend at the harley dealer.
      second how is it that when my son comes to pick me up at ams-a after dropping off my bike that the only bike in the store he seems to notice and thinks he should have is the 1098r. even mark was chuckling at him "not for a first street bike!" laughingdp
      third i intend on doing my oil change instead of having the dealer do it. i did at 3k because it's the best way to see what's happening internally w/o tearing the motor apart. does that seem wrong because it sure felt awkward telling him no oil change on the service.
      fourth and final why do people insist on giving the "wheelie" sign when i am on cooper street at 1 in the afternoon. i won't do it on my own street much less somewhere else. get yuor own bike!! thank you for your time just venting a little.

home will always be between the red and rio!!!
2007 m695 errr recently passed away
WonderBoy

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 12:53:13 PM »

Answer to #4:  Any time someone makes the "wheelie" sign at me, I make the "pay me money first" sign.  Usually works every time.

High above the muckey muck...
fastwin
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 12:56:30 PM »

On #4, it's funny that little kids in cars always want me to wheelie when I pull up next to them on my bike. I guess it was like me wanting 18 wheeler drivers to honk when I was a kid... except wheelies are cooler than honking! laughingdp
cdc

my superbike. nutts someone copied my avatar.

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 06:27:48 PM »

first can you explain to me how if bike A (cost 27000 requires service every 5000 @ $350 per service) is cheaper than bike B (cost 8500 requires service every 7500 @ $500 per service). isn't it pretty darn close to the same maintenance wise. i had this arguement today picking up a birthday gift for a friend at the harley dealer.

It's called IZ_ math.  It works anyway you want it to.

second how is it that when my son comes to pick me up at ams-a after dropping off my bike that the only bike in the store he seems to notice and thinks he should have is the 1098r. even mark was chuckling at him "not for a first street bike!" laughingdp

Kid obviously has good taste.  Or he may be a varmit, attracted to shiny things.  My guess is the former.

third i intend on doing my oil change instead of having the dealer do it. i did at 3k because it's the best way to see what's happening internally w/o tearing the motor apart. does that seem wrong because it sure felt awkward telling him no oil change on the service.

Do the oil change before you bring the bike in and tell them that it's already done.  How awkward can that be?

fourth and final why do people insist on giving the "wheelie" sign when i am on cooper street at 1 in the afternoon. i won't do it on my own street much less somewhere else. get yuor own bike!! thank you for your time just venting a little.

venting is good.  The answer to your existential question of why people do what they do is: 

THEY DON'T HAVE THEIR OWN F***K*NG BIKE.  If they did then they should wheelie their own bikes and embarass themselves when they dump the bike upon landing. 

If you have other similar questions, I would be glad to come up with more BS to entertain you and me.

Bored in Fort Worth,
cdc

PS I heard you rode the Monster to Alan's place and got home in one peice.  GOOD JOB 'CRAZY.
Duc L'Smart

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2008, 04:49:12 AM »

Words of wisdom from ***
too bad you're bored but at least we're benefitting waytogo
gotta love the DMF waytogo

'07 1098s, '06 Paul Smart LE, '99 BMW K1200RS, '73 BMW R75/5, '67 Ducati Monza 250 Bevel Drive, '63 Vespa GS 160
calscrazy

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2008, 05:26:14 AM »

IZ_ math!!! now i know how that get these numbers in budget meetings. scott happy to entertain you popcorn

home will always be between the red and rio!!!
2007 m695 errr recently passed away
never2loud
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2008, 06:17:53 AM »

Damn, Scott is awake awake at 4am!!!  Dude, it's just the Hill Country; calm down  Evil   

Couldn't you be frying some ribs or something?  laughingdp

« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 06:19:50 AM by n2f » Logged
fastwin
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2008, 08:04:18 AM »

OK, Scott may be up at 4:00am but he could be drunk or restless or there could be a snoring competition going on... who knows. But the real question is what the hell are you doing up a six something on a Sunday morning posting??? laughingdp
NorDog
I don't feel like a

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2008, 09:49:41 AM »

"first can you explain to me how if bike A (cost 27000 requires service every 5000 @ $350 per service) is cheaper than bike B (cost 8500 requires service every 7500 @ $500 per service). isn't it pretty darn close to the same maintenance wise. i had this arguement today picking up a birthday gift for a friend at the harley dealer."

Yeah, can't speak to that beyond the "IZ_ math" answer already given.  There are some bikes for which I would pay $27K, but not any H-D fits that category, at least not one made after about 1940.  (Okay, I MIGHT pay $22K for the fully loaded Ultra Electra Glide Classic, but would proably go Gold Wing first)

At $15K my H-D is right on the same cost of my Monster.  The service costs average out at about the same.

As far as the wheelie sign, I never get that from people.  There was a drunk outside of that Mexican place across from the Dubliner one night.  As I got on my H-D he kept yelling "WHEELIE! WHEELIE!"  I wanted to slap the bee yatch.

Now, if a kid gives me a wheelie sign, that's just cool.  Reminds me of being 10 years old and doting on all things McQueen.

I don't do wheelies though.  Not because of some uber prudence on my part.  I just don't know how.   Cry

A man in passion rides a mad horse. -- Ben Franklin

Duc L'Smart

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2008, 10:48:54 AM »

I think the WiFi here has me on west coast time somehow...

I've wheelied a coupla times, but never intentionally!!!

'07 1098s, '06 Paul Smart LE, '99 BMW K1200RS, '73 BMW R75/5, '67 Ducati Monza 250 Bevel Drive, '63 Vespa GS 160
NorDog
I don't feel like a

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2008, 10:50:49 AM »

Well, yeah, me too.  But does it count if you didn't mean to?

A man in passion rides a mad horse. -- Ben Franklin

cdc

my superbike. nutts someone copied my avatar.

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2008, 06:36:39 PM »

That's sounds about the same as ole Billy Boy saying he didn't inhale.

cdc
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: