Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 01:30:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HWY 67 Sand report  (Read 1459 times)
DarkDuc696

« on: March 18, 2010, 01:38:17 PM »

So I was able to play hookie today and decided to take 67 down from Woodland Park. As I have never riden this path, I assumed it would go all the way down to 50... While it does, it doesnt stay paved after Victor.  Sad There is still some center of the lane dust (very mild) for most of the trip until Cripple Creek. From there there are still pretty good patches of sand along the edges and in the middle of the lane. So much so that the tires will slip if going inside to outside in a turn. 81 coming back up to 67 is the same way.

That being said, the views down 67 are gorgeous right now. Wish I had thought to bring a camera for all to see.
KRJ

'07 MTS 1100S , '03 XR650L , '78 KZ 1000

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 03:59:38 AM »

Not exactly sure of Your route, but there is paved road all the way to hwy 50, I f You leave Cripple Creek on co.rd. 1, turn left at the General store, turn left again at High Park rd. Follow it to hwy 9, left again, down Gribble hill and You hit hwy 50.turn right and you find   Salida, turn left and you find Canon City. I pretty sure of the road numbers, might confirm tho'       Summer is soon, there is countless cool rides around Our back yard !!

" I believe You understand what You think I said, but I'm not sure You realize that what You heard is not what I meant " !!
J_Slyter

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 10:42:40 AM »

81 takes you out the back side of Victor back towards 67 without having to go through Cripple Creek again. It is maybe an 8-10 mile stretch...nice little ride. I haven't ventured very far west yet this year, so thanks for the report.

I took the Duc out yesterday after work and puttered around town just to stretch its legs since it was such a nice day. I've been riding/commuting on the BMW on the nicer days, since it has much better weather protection. Even the 50 degree days are kinda cool when starting out at 8:30 am.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: