Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 09:08:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Moto Alarm  (Read 3152 times)
Mac_48

I Ride: a 2005 S2R 800 (sold)

« on: May 31, 2008, 11:07:17 PM »

What alarm do you have?  How do you like it?  Why?

This site is bad for me.....It makes me want to spend thousands of dollars that I do not have XD
teddy037.2
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 11:35:04 PM »

a 110 lb. friendly-but-nosey-enough-to-bark-menacingly-at-anything-new lab?  Grin
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 03:19:29 AM »

Don't have it yet, but I will get the Scorpio.
Nice price, plug & play, lots of features.

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 04:54:06 AM »

I like the Gorilla with pager.

if you are enterprising, you can remove it from the box and put it in a 2-piece project case.  The unit has 2 boards inside the box (bulky).

Some people mount it inside the airbox as well.

motion, vibration, tilting, battery cutoff, paging functions.  pretty slick.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
TobyDanger

2007 S2R800

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2008, 02:15:45 PM »

I've got the Scorpio SR-i500 with TR6b remote (which I think they are now marketing as the SR-i600)...   I love the paging feature and the little screen that shows you what type of alarm it is... works pretty good from farther away that I would have expected on a few occasions.

The paging gives me good piece of mind as the Duc is parked in the same spot where my R6 was stolen from a few years ago, albeit now with a much larger, much more frequently used chain and the alarm.

-=TobyDanger=-

"@[=g3,8d]\&fbb=-q]/hk%fg"
stopintime

S2R 800 '07

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2008, 02:36:01 PM »

I've got the Scorpio SR-i500 with TR6b remote (which I think they are now marketing as the SR-i600)...   I love the paging feature and the little screen that shows you what type of alarm it is... works pretty good from farther away that I would have expected on a few occasions.

The paging gives me good piece of mind as the Duc is parked in the same spot where my R6 was stolen from a few years ago, albeit now with a much larger, much more frequently used chain and the alarm.

Toby, which bike do you have and were you able to install it under the seat without problems? Where? (pics?)

237,000 km/sixteen years - loving it
TobyDanger

2007 S2R800

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2008, 09:21:03 PM »

Same as you, 07 S2R 800...   waytogo
<---

I tried to take pics when I installed but did it at night in a not very well lit garage so none really came out...

I did fit the alarm box and the perimeter sensor under the seat.  The install went pretty straightforward and easy...  I rerouted the power line a few times to find the best placement, pretty much right under the tank hinge and along side the [looks like a heat sink?] at the front of the seat.  The box itself went just behind the [heat sink thing].  The only real modification I had to make was to remove the lid to the underseat box as the alarm box pressed up into that space.  I got the Monster factory harness and everything plugged right up, no cutting or splicing wires...

I'll try to remember to take some pics tomorow...

-=TobyDanger=-

"@[=g3,8d]\&fbb=-q]/hk%fg"
Cucciolo

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2008, 07:37:34 PM »

Is there an alarm that can sense someone entering the bike's perimeter and when someone does come to close it gives a recorded warning? That would be COOL!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: