Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 01:23:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gotta love those Italian electronics.......  (Read 1947 times)
916_tommy_s4

« on: April 02, 2010, 09:18:00 PM »

Thats all I got folks.... They make wonderful motorcycles, but man, all that spagetthi and zip-ties.... too many red's before the wiring process begins!!!

None-the-less, it woke me the hell up when i got the ole oil light a-shining after firing the s4 up a few days after a very wet Queensland ride.... Turns out there was a veritable pool of water in the oil pressure switch contact. Ah well, its one of the many things that gives our wonderful bikes character isnt it??? Love it.

Have a good Easter all, watch out for the fun-killers in blue and those talking chimpanzee's in their cars....
signora monster

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 10:22:13 PM »

Thanks for reminding me of my to-do-list. Just spent a whole 60 seconds of my life wrapping a rainbow of exposed wires is some black electical tape. Wriggly little suckers found their way out. Looks untidy if you ask me!
Job complete and Signora will have a bourbon to celebrate. Any excuse to celebrate!  drink laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp
rendang

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 04:03:06 AM »

Thanks for reminding me of my to-do-list. Just spent a whole 60 seconds of my life wrapping a rainbow of exposed wires is some black electical tape. Wriggly little suckers found their way out. Looks untidy if you ask me!
    Try using "Rescue Tape", its a stretchable silicone based tape which sticks better, lasts longer and is more waterproof than electrical tape. Get it from a marine/boating warehouse. Much better than electrical tape.

S2R800,    0    , 750 GT, Rickman Honda, 450 'Silver Shotgun", 750 Sport, 250 Mark 3, Kwaka 500 triple.
signora monster

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 01:10:59 AM »

Try using "Rescue Tape", its a stretchable silicone based tape which sticks better, lasts longer and is more waterproof than electrical tape. Get it from a marine/boating warehouse. Much better than electrical tape.

Thanks for that info. Will look into it. Are you coming along to the Sydney ride next Sunday?
rendang

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 02:59:28 AM »

Unfortunately no, cause I could have given you half a roll, but a job came up in WA so I'm in Port Hedland atm. Hopefully will make a Sydney ride day later in the year.

S2R800,    0    , 750 GT, Rickman Honda, 450 'Silver Shotgun", 750 Sport, 250 Mark 3, Kwaka 500 triple.
signora monster

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 01:37:16 PM »

Rendang, I have a funny feeling that the tape that you mentioned, might have been what I used anyway. It was quite stretchy and conformable. I will have to show you my headlight surround. Sounds tacky, but it was used as a temporary "black" on the chrome bits to see if I should paint the surround black. It turned out so good that the tape stayed on and I haven't bothered painting it yet. Sounds feral, but it actually looks OK. That is why I think it must be the same tape. It came from an automotive shop, so it could be the same stuff. It has been on for over a year and still looks neat. Hasn't deteriorated in UV light and is has coped well with washes and rain too. Great stuff!  waytogo

And that reminds me...another one for the to do list. Roll Eyes  Paint headlight surround black.  Wink

Don't work too hard and see you out on the road later this year.  chug
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 01:39:52 PM by signora monster » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: