Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 09:09:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Finally DONE (for now anyway) NOW w/ pics!!!!  (Read 3845 times)
rockaduc

« on: June 02, 2008, 02:59:31 AM »

Over the past month or so, I have been putting the parts that I assembled at the end of the winter on my bike.  Yesterday, I was able to go out and really ride (only about 100 miles, but it was better than the little "shake down runs I had been doing).  The Mods I made are:

SBK fork swap (2002 998 forks)
S4R rear shock
Full Termi system (side by side high mount)

Aside from some minor technical issues (some of you may have seens my cries for help around here), everything was pretty straight forward.  My initial impressions so far??  Cue Keanu Reves as Johnny Utah in Point Break: "WHOA!"  The forks are a huge improvement, the shock is really nice and the exhaust speaks for itself; it really wakes up the motor and aurally is wonderful (even with the earplugs).  I love the feel of the front end w/ the SBK forks.  The S4R shock is a nice compliment to the forks and my next mod my just have to be a triple w/ clip-ons.
My only issue is that it stumbles between 3 and 4 thousand RPM.  I have to take in to get adjusted.  Other tahn that, it was worth all of the scraped knuckles and time. waytogo

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk201/rockaduc/100_1495.jpg

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk201/rockaduc/100_1494.jpg

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk201/rockaduc/100_1496.jpg

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk201/rockaduc/100_1497.jpg
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 04:45:06 PM by rockaduc » Logged

If you can see Chuck Norris, he can see you.  If you can't see Chuck Norris, you may be only seconds away from death.
Big Troubled Bear
The wrong side of normal

98 m900 sold, Red 696

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 03:08:59 AM »

Sounds nice  waytogo

Youhaven`t done until there are some piccies Grin

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
teddy037.2
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 06:30:41 AM »

Sounds nice  waytogo

Youhaven`t done until there are some piccies Grin

+11TB  Grin
rockaduc

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 04:52:02 PM »

OK I added some pics to the OP.

If you can see Chuck Norris, he can see you.  If you can't see Chuck Norris, you may be only seconds away from death.
He Man
Post Whore

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 05:30:40 PM »

are SBK forks that much longer than stock? You got osme nice beef for clip ons  waytogo

2006 Ducati S2R1100 Yea.... stunttin like my daddy CHROMED OUT 1100!!!!

Check out my Latest Video! 05/13/2017 :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4xSA7KzEzU
Monstermash
AKA-TomColore

Interferiscalo se potete

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 05:41:42 PM »

Looks nice.  waytogo

I'm glad you went with the superbike forks rather than the GSXR forks that have become popular lately.

I've been wallowing in my own chaotic and insecure delusions.

"Though I disagree with everything you say, I will defend to the death your right to say it."
topanga duc

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 06:05:37 PM »

very nice!   waytogo
DRKWNG
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2008, 07:11:41 PM »

Bike looks fabulous!!!  How was the mounting and set up of the exhaust?  I have been wanting to get that system for my S2R for about a year now but just haven't been able to rationalize pulling the trigger.  Did you have any issues getting the pipes to line up straight?
spinned

time to ride!

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2008, 07:14:38 PM »

Let's post them up...

S2daRk

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2008, 07:59:03 PM »

Sweet! Looks like you have an S2R 800. What year is it? Reason I'm asking is because I was under the impression that the ignition coil would be in way of the S4R shock. Did you relocate the coil or was it plug and play? Can you please take another picture showing the clearance of the shock reservior?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 08:02:45 PM by S2daRk » Logged
Monstermash
AKA-TomColore

Interferiscalo se potete

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2008, 08:28:32 PM »

Sweet! Looks like you have an S2R 800. What year is it? Reason I'm asking is because I was under the impression that the ignition coil would be in way of the S4R shock. Did you relocate the coil or was it plug and play? Can you please take another picture showing the clearance of the shock reservior?

The ignition coil would only be in the way if it was a dual spark 1K motor. For the S2R1K's take this approach:

http://ducatimonsterworldwide.org/index.php?topic=3796.0

It solves the coil problem.  Grin

I've been wallowing in my own chaotic and insecure delusions.

"Though I disagree with everything you say, I will defend to the death your right to say it."
Grrrly

Industrial Grrrl

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2008, 07:17:45 AM »

I predict that you are not done yet.    Grin

rockaduc

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2008, 12:38:46 PM »

Thanks everyone, for your positive input.  I am pretty happy so far.

are SBK forks that much longer than stock? You got osme nice beef for clip ons  waytogo
That's what I was thinking!

Bike looks fabulous!!!  How was the mounting and set up of the exhaust?  I have been wanting to get that system for my S2R for about a year now but just haven't been able to rationalize pulling the trigger.  Did you have any issues getting the pipes to line up straight?

Thanks!! It wasn't as bad as you might think.  Of course it didn't come w/ directions, so I went by the seat of my pants w/ a little help from a buddy.  The hardest part was the rear cylinder studs b/c you have very little room to geta wrench in there.

Thanks!  Actually it was in the way, so I cut offand ground the braket, put 3 coats of primer and 2 coats of Ducati Red and you really can't tell.  Plus it is on the inside so no one will see anyway.  I relocated the coil next to the top of the shock mount.  The picture you see is as good as it can get due to the exhaust pipe.  Believe me, once you cut and grind down the starter coil bracket, you have maybe 1/4 inch to get that shock in...just be careful.

rockaduc

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2008, 12:39:56 PM »

I predict that you are not done yet.    Grin

Probably not.

Big Troubled Bear
The wrong side of normal

98 m900 sold, Red 696

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2008, 04:24:11 AM »

Nice job , bike looks very good waytogo

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: