Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 12:08:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Get Booked for a (good) cause!  (Read 1529 times)
auntymal

« on: April 15, 2010, 08:08:46 PM »

Get Booked for a cause
The Grand Prix Motorcycle is acclaimed author Kevin Cameron’s latest book – and you can get yourself a copy and support the Morong Spinal Unit at the same time.
Cycle Torque has been supplied 24 copies, and they will be sold to the highest bidders through a silent email auction until May 10. Carrying a price in the USA of $39.95, The Grand Prix Motorcycle would be expected to retail in Australia for around $59.95.
The top 24 bids will each be sent a copy - just email your bid to bec@cycletorque.com.au and she will call you after May 14 to arrange payment (make sure you include a daytime contact number). Cycle Torque will pay the postage: the amount you bid and pay will go to the Morong Spinal Clinic, so don’t be stingy, bid what you can afford (but with 24 books to be sold, there’s also a good chance you won’t miss out).
Sub-titled The Official Technical History and carrying a forward by three-time World 500 Champion Kenny Roberts Senior, The Grand Prix Motorcycle is the story of how the best road racing machines have evolved since the championships commenced in 1949.
Each championship-winning bike is featured, along with sections devoted to various eras: the bikes, riders, technology and rules.
The amount you will learn from this book about grand prix bikes, their riders and the championship is simply amazing - every race fan should read this book.
Remember, the top 24 bids will get the books, and all of the money raised by the bids will go to the Morong Spinal Clinic. You must get your bids in by May 10 to bec@cycletorque.com.au and don’t forget to include your name, address and daytime phone number. (go to www.cycletorque.com.au to see a pic' of the book on their e-zine.) Aunty

...when injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty...
monstermick58

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 10:49:17 PM »

Good onya Aunty, the book sounds like a good one, and for those that dont know the Morong Spinal Unit has done a lot for Motorcyclists who have suffered a spinal injury, definately a worth while cause to get in to.
Do the Ducati Owners of NSW still donate from their rally to the Morong Spinal Unit.

Mmick

This won't hurt much.... Trust me......
auntymal

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 12:21:23 AM »

....yeah Mick, all the sponsors involved are there 'coz its a 'good cause' and it's also corporate good citizenship etc. The DOCNSW has a hardy band of enthusiasts who put on the "traditional clubman style rally", the Thunder Rally every October, at Nundle. This year is the 29th year of the Thunder. The stuff I do for Cycletorque helps justify the ad space supporting the rally and hence "Moorong". More lately I lifted my 24hr mark from 2217k to 2523k and when I recover, hope to set up a direct donation thingy based on folk placing the decimal point in the 2523 number where it suits them, to donate to Moorong, its early days with that detail though. (I dont take a zac btw). The ST2 @ 170,000k. Wondering if I should do a piece "ST2:the first 100,000 miles"? There are quite a few STs around that have more than that on 'em, a real shame Ducati dropped 'em from the range...sniff...aunty drink
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 12:25:44 AM by auntymal » Logged

...when injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty...
monstermick58

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 01:35:28 AM »

2523kays in 24 hrs, sterling stuff indeed, I could probably do 252.3 in 24 hrs, is it you or is it the Duke?

The ST2 would have about the same amount of kays as our 'big', maybe someone should do a story on the 'unreliable and fragile' dukes and their first 200,000 kays of their life.

Mmick

This won't hurt much.... Trust me......
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: