Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 29, 2024, 04:35:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Multi 1200. Delivery Imminent.  (Read 4129 times)
Drjones

« on: April 30, 2010, 05:43:15 AM »

Multi? Monster?   . . .  Multi? Monster?  Huh?  Monster?  bacon Multi?   bacon popcorn   . . . Multi?  Huh?  Monster?   Huh?

bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head bang head

Things could be worse though.   [moto]  Grin
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 08:27:55 AM by Drjones » Logged

"Live like no one else now, so that you can live like no one else tomorrow."

"Wealth is more often the result of a lifestyle of hard work, perseverance, planning, and, most of all, self discipline.”

"Helping poor and suffering people is compassion. Voting for our government to use guns to give money to help poor and suffering people is immoral self-righteous bullying laziness."
John1454

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 06:47:47 AM »

I don't know how or what kind ridding you do, but vote Multi anyway, but it is not my checkbook.
This new Multi has me super excited, but there is no way I could afford it right now.
yotogi

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 12:16:36 PM »

Multi has me more excited than the new style monster. I can't wait to ride one personally.

Drjones

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 06:02:09 AM »

Standard Multistrada 1200 with ABS.  Red.  Deposit down.  ETA of July (not holding my breath).

I was already leaning 70% towards the multi.  Like the M1100S a lot especially in the Mach 1 skins, but I would have definitely needed to change out the seat to avoid the need of wearing a cup and add some adjustable rear sets to give my left knee a break on rides longer than an hour.

There is a lot of sticker shock from people over the Multi 1200, but the base is the exact same price of the 1100S.  You lose out on Ohlins, but gain DTC, adjustable engine maps, and the 1198 engine which is more than a fair trade in my book.

"Wealth is more often the result of a lifestyle of hard work, perseverance, planning, and, most of all, self discipline.”

"Helping poor and suffering people is compassion. Voting for our government to use guns to give money to help poor and suffering people is immoral self-righteous bullying laziness."
hiero

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 02:37:45 AM »

Nice man!  with so many buttons to play with, how do you keep focused on the road??  cheeky

2000 Monster 750
1999 748
YELLOW!!
Drjones

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 01:30:18 AM »

Thanks.

I'll be test riding one tomorrow, so we'll see how many buttons there are and how distracted I get pushing them.   [moto]

or not, because we're about to get dumped on about 9am.  Damn rain.  Reschedule for a lunch break during the week.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 02:29:40 AM by Drjones » Logged

Case S2R

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 04:47:06 PM »

To me Multistradas are bikes of the head, Superbikes are bikes of the heart, Monsters are somewhere in the middle.   Buy what you like to look at because you will gaze upon it for more hours than you will ever ride it.
Pedro-bot

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2010, 04:29:06 AM »

Did ya go for a test ride yet? Sounds like a good choice to me.  waytogo

1999 M750 AKA Little Blue Monster, 2002 S4, 2006 Sport 1000, 2008 Sport 1000, 2005 749s, 2018 R NineT Urban GS
Drjones

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2010, 11:40:46 AM »

This Saturday.  Work got in the way during this work week.  I hate when that happens.

mstevens
Monsterless

No Monster of my own, but my wife has an '09 696

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2010, 12:13:02 PM »

Be very careful.

I went "just to have a look" and my wife insisted I order one when she saw the look on my face when I returned from the ride.

2010 Ducati Multistrada 1200S Touring (Rosso Anniversary Ducati)
2009 Ducati Monster 696 (Giallo Ducati) - Sold
2005 Ducati Monster 620 (Rosso Anniversary Ducati) - Sold
2005 Vespa LX-150 (Rosso Dragone) - First Bike Ever

Casa Suzana, vacation rental house in Cozumel, Mexico
Drjones

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2010, 03:05:21 AM »

Well I already have one on order so this test ride is just to increase the anticipation for delivery in July.

Drjones

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2010, 06:47:36 AM »

Awesome bike.  Cheesy

It felt really light and agile. Turns were even more telepathic than with the S2R1k.

Right hieght was just perfect for my 34" inseam. Seat was comfortable, however there isn't much room to move forward or aft as you're bounded by the pilion seat and tank.  The center stand lever arm was annoying because it prevented ball of the foot position or the heel would hit.  Good thing I ordered the standard version without one.

I started off in Urban and that felt about what I remember the S2R1k as though smoother all the way down to 2krpm.  I didn't feel too many road bumps while tooling around 'hood. Headed back towards 45 and swithched to Touring before hitting the service road.  Throttle response was about the same at low speeds. I couldn't tell much difference in the suspension.  Acceleration was a kick in the pants around 5krpm.  I kept it in Touring down Rankin then switched over to Sport down Greens to 59.  Throttle response was a bit more choppy or should I say responsive and my throttle control was choppy.  Other than that I couldn't tell the difference from Touring.  Suspension was noticeably stiffer especially over the older section of Greens Road.

Turned on 59 then the beltway back to 45.  There was a lot of helmet buffeting above 70 (I plead the fifth after that) though the wind screen was in the lowest position. Wind noise wasn't that bad; actually less than on the S2R1k. Turned off on 45 and exited on West road.  The previous mode changes were at lights, so I tried switching back to Urban on the fly and it was seamless.  Click. Click click. Hold. Clutch in. Roll off. Changes. Roll back on. All in about 10 seconds.  Very light clutch and gear changes were positive.

All in all it confirmed that purchase was a good one.  I didn't feel enough variability in the suspension settings to warrant forking over the extra $2k for the Ohlins, so I'm happy with the Standard/ABS/Bags approach.  There is definitely an advantage to using the engine maps especially Urban vs Touring.  Urban makes low speed motoring easy easy; i.e. no bucking motor at low rpm.

Is it July yet?

Drjones

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2010, 08:30:11 AM »

Grin  [moto] [moto] [moto] [moto] [moto] [moto] [moto] [moto] [moto]  Grin

Anyone available and gracious enough to give me a lift from Teh Woodedlands to Lunsford's on Saturday?  Otherwise I'll do the normal of rent a hoopty trailer from Uhaul.

hiero

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2010, 08:45:53 AM »

Grin  [moto] [moto] [moto] [moto] [moto] [moto] [moto] [moto] [moto]  Grin

Anyone available and gracious enough to give me a lift from Teh Woodedlands to Lunsford's on Saturday?  Otherwise I'll do the normal of rent a hoopty trailer from Uhaul.

AWESOME!  Sometime in the morning/early afternoon?  I'd be more than happy to help out

2000 Monster 750
1999 748
YELLOW!!
Drjones

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2010, 12:27:58 PM »

Hiero,

I have all day, so whenever is convienent.  I'd appreciate it and I'll buy you a beer or other frosty beverage of choice on wednesday

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: