Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 18, 2024, 12:36:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I changed my tire, as I shredded the last one.........oooops.  (Read 5222 times)
badgalbetty

its never too late to be who you might have been

« on: May 02, 2010, 11:48:43 AM »

I have not changed a tire since I left Suzuki in 1988. Today it was necessary due to lack of funds. So I have the tire which I traded for labor( a brand new Michelin pilot power) and borrowed some tire irons from a friend and got busy. It was a lot easier than the old days, it seems modern compounds are easy to work with and more pliable. Back in the day the worst to change were the Goodyear Eagle which had a safety bead , which was very difficult to break sometimes ,and thankfully they were only fitted to bikes like Goldwings which we did not see a lot of. The modern tires are a dream to change in comparison.The best bit besides this costing me nothing except some of my time is ...........I did not break a nail! I am beyond stoked!  So now that this is done, guess its time to go scuff it up a little. Smiley
Be well
BGB

"Its never too late to be who you might have been" - George Elliot.
Stella

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 02:02:45 PM »

Honey,

When are you going to learn to not be so independent and let the boys change the tire?   Hmmm?    Wink

Nice job actually - just giving you a little...you know. 

"To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites." ~ Robert Heinlein
badgalbetty

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 05:53:35 PM »

pooh?

All the boys were busy today with their girlfriends attending other functions........I need to get me someone.........reliable..............who can work at least as hard as me, has a job,owns their own car that I dont have to fix............ and.................. has more than 3 teeth. laughingdp Good looking would be a plus.........a big plus!
have a happy week!
Erica.

Ducgirl

Racing Red 696 re-mapped w/Termi's & Marchesinis

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 02:50:12 PM »

I love the part about the teeth...... Roll Eyes
ducatithunder

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 11:25:51 AM »

Just curious but did you change both tires or one?  Front or Rear?  How long did it take you?

I am due to get mine changed and have just procrastinated.  My friend gave me a little clinic when he changed his front tire and I was suprised by how much it was similar to bicycle tire changing.  I was just about to drop $100 to have someone else do it.  With some supervision, I think I'd rather do it. 

It's a good skill to have and my hubby has other things to fix (like my car). Vino!

A Few of my Favorite Things?

My Dog, My Bike, My Board, and My Husband.  In that order.
badgalbetty

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 07:59:45 PM »

I changed my rear tire........Took me about 15 minutes to do from start to finish after I had the wheel off the bike. I have an s2r with a single sided swing-arm so thats a pretty easy removal/replace. If you are in Portland OR I can help you if you like, be happy to!

ducatithunder

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 08:49:03 AM »

I wish I was in Portland OR!  It's way too hot here in Pennsylvania.  Just switched my gas tank for the first time and that was easier than I thought.   Looks like I will be switching out those tires too.  With a little friendly help, I think it should be relatively painless.

Thanks!

A Few of my Favorite Things?

My Dog, My Bike, My Board, and My Husband.  In that order.
DesmoLu
If only he'd had a

"You're like a stray wild animal" -- my ex

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2010, 05:25:53 AM »

ah tire shredding. I wonder if I'll ever change out a tire before I absolutely have to? Last year did about 500 miles on a tire that wouldn't have gone a mile more if it hadn't been raining the whole way!

Great choice on tire. I rock the Pilot Road 2's since I have to do a lot of highway miles. The double compound absolutely rocks for the variation in types of riding and gives SO much traction feedback ::love:: their expensive buggers though

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: