Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 27, 2024, 01:08:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: anyone interested E.R.C  (Read 8001 times)
hadesducati848
your sisters love my

1998 R1 (sold) 2009 848

« on: May 12, 2010, 10:23:06 PM »

LCC is offering the Experienced Riders Course for the month of May for free. i was wondering if anyone here would like to take the course as a group. we can schedule it for either a sat or sun and its about 4 hours long plus we get to use our own bikes. my understanding is that if you do not have the motorcycle safety  basic road course you can use this ERC course to get the discount from your insurance company. i am still waiting to see it in writing before i say for sure but at least that is what the administrator at lcc has told me. PM me if your interested and i can see about getting a registration from to you or you can pick one up from LCC anytime during normal working hours.

it is so much easier to get forgiveness then it will ever be to get permission.
whackie

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 11:03:19 PM »

i faxed in my paperwork to do it on the 23rd, but i haven't got confirmation yet.

here's the link to the site

http://www.leeward.hawaii.edu/ocewd/public/ms3000.html

objectives:
   1.      Blend various techniques for seeing and being seen in the traffic mix.
   2.      Judge proper lane positioning for space cushioning, lane protection, and following distance.
   3.      Select an appropriate space cushion to other vehicles in a moving traffic environment to maintain proper motorcycle control and avert collisions.
   4.      Develop advanced turning and braking techniques including maximum braking, and controlling skids.
   5.      Demonstrate techniques and procedures for carrying passengers and loads, and handling a motorcycle under adverse weather conditions and motorcycle malfunctions.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 11:07:30 PM by whackie » Logged
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 06:37:19 AM »

That may be interesting and for $50.00 plus an afternoon I suppose it's not too bad. I can't help but ask though, and not in a negative, critical tone, but how much value could some of us really get out of that? Do you think it would add to what was learned at CSS? As for avoidance, traffic spacing & hard braking you could argue that we practice that every weekend.  laughingdp  I guess I could always take the course and see for myself.  I think my insurance discount was less than the price of the course so there wasn't much of an incentive there.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 06:39:25 AM by mac900 » Logged

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 06:49:12 AM »

This is something that's been on my "to do" list since I retired...I think I'll stop by LCC today or tomorrow and pick up the paperwork...

Mac what's CSS?

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
DRKWNG
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 07:08:58 AM »

what's CSS?

California Superbike School I believe.  That's Keith Code's outfit.

As far as insurance goes, Geico offers discounts to anyone who has successfully completed a rider's safety course, whether it is BRC, ERC or what not.  I would only imagine that the other underwriters would do the same.
hadesducati848
your sisters love my

1998 R1 (sold) 2009 848

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 12:29:00 PM »

That may be interesting and for $50.00 plus an afternoon I suppose it's not too bad. I can't help but ask though, and not in a negative, critical tone, but how much value could some of us really get out of that? Do you think it would add to what was learned at CSS? As for avoidance, traffic spacing & hard braking you could argue that we practice that every weekend.  laughingdp  I guess I could always take the course and see for myself.  I think my insurance discount was less than the price of the course so there wasn't much of an incentive there.

Well its free and something to do, i hope it will at least make me aware of bad habbits so that i have some thing to work on in the future. plus it will just be another thing to add to my list of achievments. ill be bringing some extra registration forms to the ride on sunday if anyone is interested.

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 09:54:30 PM »

I don't know about free. I read $50.00. ----- Oh, "I see", said the blind man. It's free during May -- Motorcycle Safety Awareness Month.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 09:57:52 PM by mac900 » Logged

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
hadesducati848
your sisters love my

1998 R1 (sold) 2009 848

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 09:56:16 PM »

only during the month of may as part of the motorcycle safety month.

whackie

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2010, 09:59:30 PM »

I don't know about free. I read $50.00. ----- Oh, "I see", said the blind man. It's free during May -- Motorcycle Safety Awareness Month.

yep, i figure i give it a try. if i don't learn anything, then all i lost was time...
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2010, 07:50:53 AM »

Well, I faxed in my application also. Trying for Sat the 22nd. If no room available then the 23rd. Haven't heard anything back from them yet too.

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2010, 08:37:08 AM »

Stopped by LCC yesterday afternoon to apply for the course, but as luck would have it they were closed (12:00 on Fridays)...will try again Monday, shooting for next Sat or Sun.

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2010, 11:00:14 AM »

registered for Saturday's ERC this morning...

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2010, 06:57:45 AM »

registered for Saturday's ERC this morning...

Are you verified? I still haven't heard from them.

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2010, 08:48:15 AM »

Are you verified? I still haven't heard from them.

yup, confirmed as of yesterday...you might want to call them 455-0477

hadesducati848
your sisters love my

1998 R1 (sold) 2009 848

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2010, 01:15:13 PM »

i am confirmed for the 23rd, i hope we have some fun and learn something new.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: