Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 03:22:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blurting  (Read 8321 times)
kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2010, 09:41:52 PM »

my son pulled me aside later and said,, "Dad your mind-to-mouth filters have always been pretty sketchy but you just knocked one out of the park"

Grin waytogo

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' face!“
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2010, 11:59:43 PM »

I just read your "blurt" to my wife.  She loved it applause applause applause applause applause
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2010, 12:50:35 AM »

Should this ailment be dubbed Blutarskitis?

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

RAT900
Post Whore

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2010, 01:09:42 AM »

Initially I was leaning toward Blurtilepsy as the seizures of the vocal chords can be either of the Grand Mal or Petit Mal variety (these seizures would be referred to as blurtations)

Agreed though that Animal House did offer a clinically illuminating display of how radically the affliction may be exacerbated through the unregulated use of substances in desperate attempts to self-medicate the condition

But then I thought of Autism and Aspergers and the greater Autistic Spectrum Disorder continuum and felt that as an intra-cranial malfunction it may sit better in the Autism Spectrum of brain disorders

Besides Autism seems to be trumping Epilepsy on the social concern/awareness scale lately so it seemed to make sense that I could hitch this up to autism and ride those coat tails to some sort of shabby semi-legitimacy  Smiley
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 01:13:25 AM by RAT900 » Logged

This is an insult to the Pez community
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2010, 01:17:29 AM »

<snip>

Besides Autism seems to be trumping Epilepsy on the social concern/awareness scale lately so it seemed to make sense that I could hitch this up to autism and ride those coat tails to some sort of shabby semi-legitimacy  Smiley
With diagnoses numbering in the 1:150 to 1:66 range (depending who's numbers you believe...)

it's probably a good thing people are starting to pay attention.

Maybe I should post my concerns in NOGAS.  Grin

perspective
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

RAT900
Post Whore

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2010, 01:32:46 AM »

With diagnoses numbering in the 1:150 to 1:66 range (depending who's numbers you believe...)

it's probably a good thing people are starting to pay attention.

Maybe I should post my concerns in NOGAS.  Grin

Indeed there is a lot of debate and controversy raging of late as to whether potential causes vs. improved diagnostics of Autism Spectrum are driving the stats to increase

One of my step-daughters teaches learning-disabled children for a living

I do not mean to entirely make light of what is a tragic occurrence in many people's lives

ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2010, 01:37:45 AM »

Indeed there is a lot of debate and controversy raging of late as to whether potential causes vs. improved diagnostics of Autism Spectrum are driving the stats to increase

One of my step-daughters teaches learning-disabled children for a living

I do not mean to entirely make light of what is a tragic occurrence in many people's lives
I didn't assume you were.

perspective

RAT900
Post Whore

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2010, 02:02:58 AM »

I didn't assume you were.

I know...it was a general statement

humor these days is risky business

ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2010, 02:05:06 AM »

I know...it was a general statement

humor these days is risky business
There are funny ways to do it. Wink

perspective

Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2010, 03:29:08 AM »

"feedbags"

laughingdp

omfg was that funny

laughingdp

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
Mike_D

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2010, 08:15:27 AM »

Rat,
Man, I know exactly what you are dealing with--I raised two daughters and at times the combined estrogen levels with them and the wife were so high I swear i could feel my balls trying to retreat into my abdominal cavity.  I usually ended up saying something completely chauvanistic just to keep them in place and hold the line of my maleness--it usually lasted about 14.76 seconds at which time I would retreat to the garage and reorganize my tools or rebuild the lawn-mower's engine or something.  You have not lived until you have travelled cross-country in a 1987 Honda Accord with a wife and two teen-aged daughters who are PMSing, and even simple questions like "are you getting hungry?" or "does anyone need a bathroom break?" are met with accusations of being the most insensitive man ever to walk the planet.  Good times for sure.       

2008 S2R 1k.  Black.  Pazzo Levers, 14 t front sprocket, CRG Hindsight LS mirrors, Cycle Cat Frame Sliders,  Oberon open clutch cover and gold/black EVR pressure plate, full Arrow exhaust with reflashed and mapped ECU, tail chop with gold Rizoma Avio 21 turn signals, Ohlins rear shock and Rizoma fluid reservoirs.
SacDuc

WWSDD?

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2010, 03:24:41 PM »

[stands up]

Hi everyone. My name is SacDuc and I have Blurtism.

HATERS GONNA HATE.
Monsterlover
The best kind of whore is a
Post Whore

I will save Skynet from Sarah Connor

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2010, 04:53:27 PM »

Rat....

When you end up writing your book...

Please give me some notice before it's done so I can start a publishing company to handle it

Grin

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet in Dallas that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time."--HST    **"A man who works with his hands is a laborer.  A man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman.  A man who works with his hands, brains, and heart is an artist."  -Louis Nizer**
Buckethead
I have a little tiny cape that fits on my

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2010, 04:58:18 PM »

My sister majored in Women's Studies at NYU.

While home on winter break one year, she found some fabric and a pattern she liked and set about making a skirt.

As she's sitting at the sewing machine stitching this thing together, my dad walks past her on the way to the laundry room.

"Hmm... Looks like those Women's Studies courses are paying off after all."

She didn't speak directly to him for the remaining week and a half of her vacation.

I can't wait until Marquez gets on his level and makes Jorge trip on his tampon string. 
RAT900
Post Whore

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2010, 10:07:15 PM »

My sister majored in Women's Studies at NYU.

While home on winter break one year, she found some fabric and a pattern she liked and set about making a skirt.

As she's sitting at the sewing machine stitching this thing together, my dad walks past her on the way to the laundry room.

"Hmm... Looks like those Women's Studies courses are paying off after all."

She didn't speak directly to him for the remaining week and a half of her vacation.

Exactly!!! that is the "Lenny Bruce/Dice Clay hijacking of the vocal chords" example of blurtism.....I had a similar one when my step-daughter after graduation from BU announced she got a job teaching ASL to Deaf children diagnosed with Autism in Philly...

the evil stand-up comic lurking in the back of my skull swooped in and said "isn't that like banging your head against the wall along with your students?"

another one sailed clear out of the park.

They forget that you funded and encouraged them in the pursuit of their dreams/goals/avocations and actually are staggered by the level of commitment and resolve they are demonstrating in helping others

like I said, blurtism robs the afflicted of so much

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: