Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 27, 2024, 01:08:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tire Choices  (Read 8535 times)
sta

'95 ZX6R sold '07 Monster S2R1K

« on: May 18, 2010, 05:42:14 PM »

Help Please!  Which tire should I get for my monster? 

Dunlop Q2
Michelin Power Pure
Michelin Power 2CT
Michelin Power
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 05:46:32 PM »

I've been asking myself the same question for the SF...I think I've narrowed it to the 2CTs because I think the triangluar shape will help the bike turn better...

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
zzilla

<Insert something inspiring here>

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 08:21:34 PM »

I got the Pirelli Diablo Corsa III's for my monster and they're great!

Did I ever tell you the story about the Zen master and the little boy?
       -Gust Avrakotos
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 08:53:49 PM »

Help Please!  Which tire should I get for my monster?  

Dunlop Q2
Michelin Power Pure
Michelin Power 2CT
Michelin Power

How hard are you planning to ride?  I have the regular Pilot Powers on the 848 and haven't run them ragged. The 2CT's look good and I think they are the same profile as the regular Pilot Powers but just have softer compounds in them. Unless you are going to really crank it you won't need the Q2's or the Pures. Plus I think the suspension and frame geometry of the Monster really can't handle much more than the regular Powers.

BTW --- I have the proper stand & nut removal tools to get the wheels off. Then you can just cage the wheels down to whomever is going to replace the tires and then we can put them back on. Up to you but most folks are surprisingly incapable of doing a proper dismount and mount on the wheels. I don't have a tire machine at this point but some folks are pushing me to get one. I dunno.........
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 08:56:15 PM by mac900 » Logged

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
zzilla

<Insert something inspiring here>

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 09:18:17 PM »

If I wasn't already employed, and if you had the machine, I'd volunteer my services as Bavarian Tire Swapper Man Grin

Did I ever tell you the story about the Zen master and the little boy?
       -Gust Avrakotos
sta

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 09:45:48 PM »

How hard are you planning to ride?  I have the regular Pilot Powers on the 848 and haven't run them ragged. The 2CT's look good and I think they are the same profile as the regular Pilot Powers but just have softer compounds in them. Unless you are going to really crank it you won't need the Q2's or the Pures. Plus I think the suspension and frame geometry of the Monster really can't handle much more than the regular Powers.

BTW --- I have the proper stand & nut removal tools to get the wheels off. Then you can just cage the wheels down to whomever is going to replace the tires and then we can put them back on. Up to you but most folks are surprisingly incapable of doing a proper dismount and mount on the wheels. I don't have a tire machine at this point but some folks are pushing me to get one. I dunno.........

I think you all know how hard I can't ride Tongue  
I was thinking of getting them done at Cycle Sports, I think Gene had his done there too?  But I would love to get my hands dirty and just take the wheels to them if you don't mind  showing me how and use your tools, a trainee?  

I believe the regular power is in stock there, 2CT's is back ordered.  I may just try the power first and get a better value=cheaper  waytogo
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 09:50:54 PM by sta » Logged
DRKWNG
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 11:40:55 PM »

I vote for Pilot Powers.  I am running them on the SC and they are super nice tires!!  I have the Diablo Corse III on the SD, and they are nice tires but I'll be replacing them with Pilot Powers when they are shot.

waytogo
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2010, 06:41:21 AM »

I think you all know how hard I can't ride Tongue  

We can fix that!   Evil

You figure out who you are going to buy the tires from and when you are going to get them. Then just let me know which Saturday you want to do it, except for this coming Sat. as I have motorbike school then. It's all good.

Then we'll go out to improve some confidence/skills if you want to.  waytogo

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
sta

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2010, 07:08:27 AM »

Sounds like a plan.  Thanks guys!
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2010, 07:41:20 AM »

You figure out who you are going to buy the tires from and when you are going to get them. Then just let me know which Saturday you want to do it, except for this coming Sat. as I have motorbike school then. It's all good.

Then we'll go out to improve some confidence/skills if you want to.  waytogo

I'd like to do that also... Grin

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2010, 11:24:51 AM »

I'd like to do that also... Grin

Consider it a done deal!   [moto]

DRKWNG
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2010, 12:47:20 PM »

Consider it a done deal!   [moto]

You can start charging an instructor's fee Rick.   waytogo
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2010, 01:01:58 PM »

I'd pay a fee if he could provide a nice safe cage free environment within which to practice... Grin

DRKWNG
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2010, 01:03:23 PM »

I'd pay a fee if he could provide a nice safe cage free environment within which to practice... Grin

Clear the parking lot Rick!   Grin
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2010, 07:00:14 PM »

I was thinking of getting them done at Cycle Sports, I think Gene had his done there too?  But I would love to get my hands dirty and just take the wheels to them if you don't mind  showing me how and use your tools, a trainee?  

I believe the regular power is in stock there, 2CT's is back ordered.  I may just try the power first and get a better value=cheaper  waytogo

I was at Andy's today...he has 2CTs in stock to fit my bike, and he's more than $50 cheaper than Cycle Sports...if Rick is going to help out with wheel removal, Andy's may be the way to go...you should give him a call 843-0484... 

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: