Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 01:53:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 56   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Race talk - WARNING!! SPOILERS!!!  (Read 198400 times)
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #255 on: April 07, 2012, 11:10:45 PM »

MotoGP tomorrow.  DVD set.  popcorn

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #256 on: April 07, 2012, 11:28:53 PM »

MotoGP tomorrow.  DVD set.  popcorn

set here also...hope the Ducs can keep up... Grin

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #257 on: April 08, 2012, 05:18:52 PM »

Just got through the main race.  Good race too! ............ Now it's official, and sad to say, Rossi sucks. It ain't the bike, man.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #258 on: April 08, 2012, 07:53:42 PM »

Rossi's timing didn't look good throughout the practice runs and qualifying session...I think Burgess/crew were going in circles changing the bike's settings.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 10:47:06 PM by freeflydive » Logged

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #259 on: April 08, 2012, 08:10:31 PM »

No kidding, finally a good GP race.  Crutchlow has hella spirit, and was giving Dovi his all just about the entire race.  Glad to see that the combo of the bigger bikes and the new rubber that Bridgestone cooked up have added some excitement back to the series. 

Now as far as Rossi goes...  The bike still has issues, but Rossi is just as much at fault (in my eyes) for not being willing to ride the bike sloppy.  He spent too many years with the M1, turning that thing into the scalpel that it is and doesn't seem willing to accept anything that isn't as precise.  On the flip side, I was really glad to see Nicky do well.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
freeflydive

« Reply #260 on: April 08, 2012, 10:02:43 PM »

I think Nicky did well, but he didn't appear very happy w/ result...I think he was trying to get up to Crutchlow & Dovi, but got stuck behind Spies in the beginning. Bradl was impressive for his rookie year on the GP bike.  Pedrosa's pass, w/ 2 laps to go, was a bit hairy; but it was good to see him pull it off...the comment about his rear tire going up 8 feet in the air when he's only 5'2" was funny! Even funnier was Crutchlow's poor start because his "midget legs" couldn't reach the ground.  Great start to a new season...well, now you know how I spent my lunch break...back to work!

Now it's official, and sad to say, Rossi sucks. It ain't the bike, man.
The bike still has issues, but Rossi is just as much at fault (in my eyes) for not being willing to ride the bike sloppy.
Rossi blamed the new tires for losing time at the beginning, then lost 5-6 seconds after Barbera pushed him out of the track.  I don't see a podium finish in the near future, but I think Rossi will be on par w/ Hayden once Burgess sorts the new bike out.  I agree w/ DRKWNG...Rossi refuses to change his riding style to complement the bike...something Stoner pointed out last year during an interview.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 10:49:31 PM by freeflydive » Logged

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #261 on: April 08, 2012, 10:53:32 PM »

Just have to point out the fact that in those past years while Rossi and Burgess were developing the M1 he was still winning races and championships.  Not every one and not all the time but if he wasn't winning he was threatening.  Now "lesser" guys on the satellite bikes are going faster than he is. I wish it were different and maybe it will be later but for now, just sayin..........

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #262 on: April 09, 2012, 07:22:06 AM »

was hoping for a better result from Ducati... Sad

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #263 on: April 09, 2012, 09:30:16 AM »

Fair points Rick, but if I remember correctly, the M1 wasn't quite so much of a turd as the Desmo is now.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #264 on: April 09, 2012, 09:37:02 PM »

True that the Yamaha wasn't as big of a pig as the Ducati is but the Yamy wasn't always good.

Remember this?

However, not only did Nicky beat him, but Hector Barbera had two seconds on him by the end of the race and if I remember correctly Karel Abraham was in front of him too. If Karel hadn't gone off track Rossi would have been the last of 4 Ducati's across the line.

Of course Spies was having big problems too, that apparently none of the other 3 Yamaha riders had, so who's to really say? Maybe Vale should just have the team set his bike up like Nicky's and then just go out and ride the shit out of it
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 09:52:47 PM by MacDuck » Logged

freeflydive

« Reply #265 on: April 10, 2012, 09:47:10 AM »

Ouch...

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/178407/1/valentino_rossi_lashes_out_after_qatar_nightmare.html

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #266 on: April 10, 2012, 09:59:50 AM »

Looks like someone has taken over the paddock crybaby position.

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #267 on: April 13, 2012, 04:57:43 PM »

Hitler on Valentino's Qatar qualifying...

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #268 on: April 13, 2012, 11:52:52 PM »

Crackin' good finish in the Qatar Moto2 race... waytogo

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #269 on: April 19, 2012, 08:50:18 AM »

Crackin' good finish in the Qatar Moto2 race... waytogo

You bet it was.  Watched it last night and the whole race was pretty exciting. Too bad that MotoGP seems to be way behind WSBK, Moto2 and the AMA races.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 56   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: