Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 04:03:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 56   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Race talk - WARNING!! SPOILERS!!!  (Read 198425 times)
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #525 on: June 09, 2013, 06:53:00 PM »

Very excellent WSBK Race 1 at Portimao!!!   waytogo

+1

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #526 on: June 10, 2013, 05:33:02 PM »

Supersport at Portimao, extremely entertaining last four laps... waytogo

MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #527 on: June 10, 2013, 08:07:22 PM »

Heard good stuff about all the other races so I'll try to watch what I can tonight.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #528 on: June 26, 2013, 08:31:53 AM »

MotoGP has a Saturday race this weekend at Assen.

WSBK is racing at Imola on Sunday.

I still have yet to watch the AMA races from Barber last weekend.

Going to be busy with the tely over the next few days.   Grin   Dolph

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #529 on: June 26, 2013, 05:32:29 PM »

There's also F1 and NHRA...

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #530 on: June 27, 2013, 08:17:43 AM »

There's also F1 and NHRA...

Tour de France also starts this weekend.

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #531 on: June 28, 2013, 12:13:41 PM »

Crutchlow on pole at Assen...Jorge will try and race with surgically repaired collarbone from Friday's crash...

http://www.motogp.com/

« Reply #532 on: June 29, 2013, 12:52:09 PM »

Crutchlow on pole at Assen...Jorge will try and race with surgically repaired collarbone from Friday's crash...

http://www.motogp.com/

Wow....I have broken my collarbone twice, thru motocross accidents.
Very painful!!

Hard to believe he is race ready...even with surgical correction. bow down

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #533 on: June 29, 2013, 02:54:15 PM »

Haven't watched the race yet but not many people think Lorenzo will be much of a factor but only will be just garnering some points.  Better to get a few points than none.  Could be a tight fight for the championship this year.

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #534 on: June 29, 2013, 05:28:44 PM »

Best MotoGP race in awhile... waytogo

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #535 on: June 29, 2013, 07:40:52 PM »

Best MotoGP race in awhile... waytogo

This!!

I'm no fan of Jlo, but he did really put on a mean show today.  Big props to him.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 08:20:54 PM by DRKWNG » Logged

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #536 on: June 29, 2013, 08:18:07 PM »

I'm no far of Jlo, but he did really put on a mean show today.  Big props to him.

+1...a real gutty performance...

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #537 on: June 30, 2013, 06:25:50 PM »

I think this race nicely showcased lots of stuff:

ROSSI!!    Good to see him win! That will do wonders for his self confidence & hopefully he will win more but doubtful that he will be in championship contention this year anyway.

Crutchlow....... screwed up the start something fierce and almost wrote him off but the guy has a huge heart and fought back. Could have actually placed better but kept messing up in a few corners that set him back.

Pedrosa ..... super talented, fast as all get out until he gets consistently pressured and if he gets passed it's like stabbing him and hard for him to fight back.  If he had Crutchlow's heart he'd be a champion already.

Marquez .... better than Dani but trying to be a team player until it's obvious that Dani is just not going to hold a fast enough pace so he has to pass him.  There's being a team player and then there's beinga team player but if your teammate is going to fold then what can you do?

Lorenzo....... Big balls and kudos to him for even showing up to race let alone race as hard as he did. Absolutely deserves all those points and then some.  But......... even though he was totally spent at the end of the race you cannot tell me that he didn't have enough left in him to pull up to his teammate Rossi and congratulate him on a race win.  No,  the guy just doesn't have enough class to do that.  It's only that.. class & sportsmanship and I think he needs more.  He can be dour just like Pedrosa, who gives a real rip but if he could finish the race and the give Rossi a fist pump on the track that would really show something.  He just doesn't have that something.

freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #538 on: July 12, 2013, 09:45:49 PM »

Lorenzo....... Big balls and kudos to him for even showing up to race let alone race as hard as he did. Absolutely deserves all those points and then some.  

Unfortunately, I think Lorenzo just took himself out of the next 2x races during today's practice in Germany!  He high-sided during practice and landed on the same broken shoulder, which bent the titanium plate on his collarbone. Speaking of balls, he was setting the fastest pace before he crashed.

This blows open the season in favor of Pedrosa and Marquez and improves Rossi's/Crutchlow's chances to earn additional podium spots.  Sunday's race should be interesting, especially at turn 11, which has already hosted multiple crashes!

*Edit:  Pedrosa maybe out for this wkend race due to a crash...he was airlifted due to a shoulder/collarbone fracture and possible concussion.  Marquez will be on pole, with Rossi and Crutchlow in front row...wonder how Bradl will do, in front of his home fans.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 07:32:00 AM by freeflydive » Logged

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #539 on: July 13, 2013, 08:14:53 AM »

In a weird and unpredictable way the season is getting interesting.

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 56   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: