Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 26, 2024, 09:59:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Has anybody taken Schwantz's school?  (Read 3182 times)
Cider

« on: June 03, 2008, 09:03:36 PM »

I did the 2-day Spencer school last year and had too much fun.  I am considering the Schwantz 2-day this summer, since it fits my schedule better.  Any opinions on this class?  I like the fact that he povides bikes, and it would be fun to try a new track.
darylbowden
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 09:31:42 PM »

Never taken it, but know a couple people who have.  Very good school from what they say, but if you've taken Freddie's already, you may be a bit disappointed (many regard the Spencer school as the best out there).
tufty

Where did my money go?

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 04:34:46 AM »

I did the 2-day Spencer school last year and had too much fun.  I am considering the Schwantz 2-day this summer, since it fits my schedule better.  Any opinions on this class?  I like the fact that he povides bikes, and it would be fun to try a new track.

I did KSSS 18 months ago and I can't say enough great things about it. It was thrilling enough following Lee Acree and Tray Batey around, but when the man in black leathers came past me and turned and trapped his tail it was incredible, talk about pucker factor Grin

I know it sounds cheesy but I learned more in 2 days than 25 years of riding, what is also cool is that they have several levels for you to ride in from full on racer to just passed your test wobbling around the track. The instructors will ride as fast or as slow as you like.

Everyone needs to ride on Road Atlanta before they die, if only to hit the rev limiter in top gear of their bike and then have to brake down from 160+ mph down hill to make a 90 degree turn at the bottom.
Cider

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 03:58:03 PM »

Thanks for the advice.  I'd prefer to do Spencer's school again, but unfortunately the dates don't work out very well.  I was surprised how much cheaper Schwantz's school is, but after airfare it's almost a wash for me.
derby

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 04:38:55 AM »

I was surprised how much cheaper Schwantz's school is, but after airfare it's almost a wash for me.

that's 'cause kevin can't start every story with "back when i won two world championships in the same year..."  Grin

of course, i hear that enough on the ama racing broadcasts, i'd almost pay extra not to hear it.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 04:40:28 AM by derby » Logged

-- derby

'07 Suz GSX-R750

Retired rides: '05 Duc Monster S4R, '99 Yam YZF-R1, '98 Hon CBR600F3, '97 Suz GSX-R750, '96 Hon CBR600F3, '94 Hon CBR600F2, '91 Hon Hawk GT, '91 Yam YSR-50, '87 Yam YSR-50

click here for info about my avatar
gm2

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008, 04:55:54 AM »

it's also costs extra to have freddie pronounce your name correctly in class.

Like this is the racing, no?
derby

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 05:07:29 AM »

it's also costs extra to have freddie pronounce your name correctly in class.

applause

-- derby

'07 Suz GSX-R750

Retired rides: '05 Duc Monster S4R, '99 Yam YZF-R1, '98 Hon CBR600F3, '97 Suz GSX-R750, '96 Hon CBR600F3, '94 Hon CBR600F2, '91 Hon Hawk GT, '91 Yam YSR-50, '87 Yam YSR-50

click here for info about my avatar
Cider

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2008, 06:23:22 AM »

It was awesome watching Freddie ride while standing a few feet away; the man definitely knows his craft.  He has a rationale to his method as well, he doesn't just ask you to take his word for things.

However, Nick Ienatsch basically manages the school.  He is the main instructor, and frankly I think he's a better coach than Freddie--at least at my skill level.  At first I was mildly disappointed that we didn't get more personal instruction from Freddie, but the disappointment faded after I realized how good Nick, Ken Hill, Jeff Haney, and Shane Turpin were.
ZLTFUL
Mama said I would go blind if I kept playing with my

WWSDD? Why Anal of course!

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2008, 10:00:41 AM »

I absolutely love Nick's instructional style. He would make the Freddie school worth it for me.

That being said, I did Schwantz's school and absolutely loved it. Good instructors, fun yet informational atmosphere and since Schwantz is one of my all time heroes, having lunch with him was the highlight for me.

Personally, I think pretty much all of the big name schools out there are well worth it for anyone who is looking to actually improve their riding instead of just getting better at riding your bike mediocrely (My word...I call dibs!).

Avatar courtesy of www.mybadco.com
2012 Panigale 1199
2003 KTM 640 Adventure
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: