Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 12:09:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: School  (Read 8990 times)
fasterblkduc

« on: June 07, 2010, 01:35:38 AM »

Yesterday Jake and Andy did their first day of Zalusky Advanced Riding School. I was lucky enough to have them in my class for the day. You guys rode super smooth! I hope you are now hooked and want to keep coming back!  chug

http://advancedridingschool.net/

Atomic Racing
Zalusky Advanced Riding School Lead instructor
2010 partners:
Komodo Gear, Motorex, Studio299, Moto Primo, Caztek, Chickenhawk
fasterblkduc

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 01:49:32 AM »

more pics here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/xcomm/sets/72157624096415591/

Atomic Racing
2010 partners:
minnesotamonster

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 05:19:25 AM »

I had an amazing time yesterday. I can't recomend the school enough. I'll be signing up for another one this week. Can't wait to get out there again.

Thanks again for the awesome time yesterday Gabe, you're a fantastic teacher.

Very cool pics as well  waytogo

2004 S4R
1998 Honda F3 (Track)
2001 M600 (Now the Wife's)
filter

Bumblebee

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 04:54:48 PM »

I had an amazing time yesterday. I can't recomend the school enough. I'll be signing up for another one this week. Can't wait to get out there again.

Thanks again for the awesome time yesterday Gabe, you're a fantastic teacher.

Very cool pics as well  waytogo

+1 to all the above.  What an awesome time.  It's amazing what a day with a track and a few good teachers can do for your riding skill.

If anyone else hasn't gone yet... you are missing out, and you really should sign up.

01 Monster 750 Dark (El Matador Tail Chop, Arrow CF exhaust, K&N Filter, CA LED Taillight, Radiantz LED License Plate holder, Blue LED Instrument Cluster, black belt cover, lifted suspension, 14T sprocket, Cycle Cat Billet Side Stand, CRG lanesplitter mirrors, custom Desmo reservoir caps)
fasterblkduc

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 03:16:04 PM »

Now that you guys are rockin ZARS riders, did you get the newsletter in your e-mail?  Wink

Atomic Racing
2010 partners:
fasterblkduc

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 03:21:24 PM »

Guys/gals, I want to take a moment and paste in a review that was written by one of our students recently. It answers some of the questions that I received at our Italian Night yesterday. I'm pasting below......

It's a simple and universal concept; we all want to get more for our money. My experience with ZARS has always been just that and last Sunday was no exception.

I had this conversation with instructor Kyle during lunch. I'm sure the ZARS website does a good job of demonstrating the value received for the price of admission regardless of which program is registered for, but I am amazed at what is provided and available! The intent here is to share my perspective for anyone considering registering for a future event.

In my case I registered for "Beginner 2" and the ratio of instructors to students varied from 2:1 to at the most 4:1 for this event. This made the feedback and instruction extremely relevant to personal goals and progress. The "rate" of instruction is just as important as the content because the subject matter is vast and critical to riding improvement. I found the introduction of topics, order of concepts, and concentration on specific skills to be ideal. Since it was my first time back on the range for this year, Beginner 2 was a great place to pick up where I left off. By the end of the day I was smoother and more confident than where I left off last year by far.

What really stands out is that all of the instructors including Kyle, Jim, Tony, Nate and of course Nick are flexible, knowledgeable, and willing to listen as well as teach. It is clear the interest to progress student's riding ability directly relates to their own goals of becoming better racers/riders. Despite the one or two "students" that show up at these events to be faster than someone/anyone else, the general tone as established by Jessica and the crew is obviously geared to improving your riding regardless of current skill level. The program is clearly designed to do just that.

Add in the excellent lunch (with ice cream in the afternoon), extras like the suspension clinic, introduction to the advanced school, the willingness and availability of expert instructors, and sheer number of sessions/laps included and you realize you are getting way more for your money than may be apparent when registering. I chose to sit one session out in the afternoon and still felt like I got a ton of good laps in!

I had an excellent day, learned a lot, improved my riding, and really enjoyed myself (doing these events are a primary way for me to de-stress from my job so they need to count)!

Thanks to the ZARS crew and all the other folks there to learn for an awesome day!

Atomic Racing
2010 partners:
minnesotamonster

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 03:50:00 PM »

Guys/gals, I want to take a moment and paste in a review that was written by one of our students recently. It answers some of the questions that I received at our Italian Night yesterday. I'm pasting below......

It's a simple and universal concept; we all want to get more for our money. My experience with ZARS has always been just that and last Sunday was no exception.

I had this conversation with instructor Kyle during lunch. I'm sure the ZARS website does a good job of demonstrating the value received for the price of admission regardless of which program is registered for, but I am amazed at what is provided and available! The intent here is to share my perspective for anyone considering registering for a future event.

In my case I registered for "Beginner 2" and the ratio of instructors to students varied from 2:1 to at the most 4:1 for this event. This made the feedback and instruction extremely relevant to personal goals and progress. The "rate" of instruction is just as important as the content because the subject matter is vast and critical to riding improvement. I found the introduction of topics, order of concepts, and concentration on specific skills to be ideal. Since it was my first time back on the range for this year, Beginner 2 was a great place to pick up where I left off. By the end of the day I was smoother and more confident than where I left off last year by far.

What really stands out is that all of the instructors including Kyle, Jim, Tony, Nate and of course Nick are flexible, knowledgeable, and willing to listen as well as teach. It is clear the interest to progress student's riding ability directly relates to their own goals of becoming better racers/riders. Despite the one or two "students" that show up at these events to be faster than someone/anyone else, the general tone as established by Jessica and the crew is obviously geared to improving your riding regardless of current skill level. The program is clearly designed to do just that.

Add in the excellent lunch (with ice cream in the afternoon), extras like the suspension clinic, introduction to the advanced school, the willingness and availability of expert instructors, and sheer number of sessions/laps included and you realize you are getting way more for your money than may be apparent when registering. I chose to sit one session out in the afternoon and still felt like I got a ton of good laps in!

I had an excellent day, learned a lot, improved my riding, and really enjoyed myself (doing these events are a primary way for me to de-stress from my job so they need to count)!

Thanks to the ZARS crew and all the other folks there to learn for an awesome day!

Couldn't agree more. 

I'll be signing up for the June 20th class as well, if anybody else is interested you should definitely sign up (cough,MO,cough)

It seriously is a great time.

2004 S4R
1998 Honda F3 (Track)
minnesotamonster

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2010, 04:07:17 PM »

Now that you guys are rockin ZARS riders, did you get the newsletter in your e-mail?  Wink

I did not get an email  Undecided

2004 S4R
1998 Honda F3 (Track)
filter

Bumblebee

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2010, 05:26:38 PM »

For a couple sessions at the end of the day I strapped a video camera to the frame of my Monster.  I've edited them into a YouTube video.

Ducati Monster @ ZARS

See if you can spot Jake... he's the guy I can't keep up with. Smiley

Loved ZARS, and I'll try and sign up for some more sessions.  I *might* be able to make the 20th.

01 Monster 750 Dark (El Matador Tail Chop, Arrow CF exhaust, K&N Filter, CA LED Taillight, Radiantz LED License Plate holder, Blue LED Instrument Cluster, black belt cover, lifted suspension, 14T sprocket, Cycle Cat Billet Side Stand, CRG lanesplitter mirrors, custom Desmo reservoir caps)
minnesotamonster

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2010, 05:39:20 PM »

That video is great Andy! What a cool spot to mount that camera. I bet it looks even better before YouTube compressed it. 

Nice song choice too.

2004 S4R
1998 Honda F3 (Track)
fasterblkduc

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2010, 01:45:04 AM »

I did not get an email  Undecided

Send me your e-mail address and I'll get it to you. Did you get on the e-mail list?

Atomic Racing
2010 partners:
minnesotamonster

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2010, 05:25:32 AM »

Send me your e-mail address and I'll get it to you. Did you get on the e-mail list?

it's jakeketchmark@hotmail.com

I gave them my email address on Sunday on the form they had us fill out.

Just signed up for the 20th. Can't wait  [moto]

2004 S4R
1998 Honda F3 (Track)
filter

Bumblebee

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2010, 06:05:10 AM »

I got a ZARS newsletter on April 28th and another email on May 20th... has there been another newsletter?

atomic410

steel horse i ride

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2010, 07:33:35 AM »

yes bacon

Team Atomic Racing  Check us out @  www.teamatomicracing.com
Thanks to my 2011 sponsors;
Motorex, Vortex Racing, Sidi Racing, Studio 299, Dunlop, Motoprimo, Caztek, On Track 4 Him, Fix Studio
2009 Framstad Cup winner
2009, 10, & 11 CRA 5 hour endurance race winner
CRA Expert #2
ZARS track school instructor
Blue
Oh no, not another

2000 M900ie Dark

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2010, 05:36:33 PM »

Hey, I just signed up for the June 25th class!
Anyone else going to be there?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: