Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 17, 2024, 10:29:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 201   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 315419 times)
Real Recognize Real

« Reply #2325 on: July 30, 2012, 04:25:00 PM »

I called several local shops for a quote to change my front tire. Kinda shocking to hear $60 for such a simple job, especially since I'm purchasing it from them. I'd rather support local businesses but $60 seems a bit too much.

Don't argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #2326 on: July 30, 2012, 04:38:31 PM »

Ahem act now
"That's right folks! starting today until the end of July we are running a tire mount and balance bananza!!!

Off the bike:
tubeless rims- $10 each
tube + rims- $15 each
(labor only)

On the bike:
$80 and that includes parts, labor, shop supplies (sport bikes only)

call us @ (571) 216-8477 or come by the shop, no appointments needed 4394-G Henninger Court, Chantilly VA 20151

Cheers!
Constantine"

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
Real Recognize Real

« Reply #2327 on: July 30, 2012, 06:05:42 PM »

Ahem act now
"That's right folks! starting today until the end of July we are running a tire mount and balance bananza!!!

Off the bike:
tubeless rims- $10 each
tube + rims- $15 each
(labor only)

On the bike:
$80 and that includes parts, labor, shop supplies (sport bikes only)

call us @ (571) 216-8477 or come by the shop, no appointments needed 4394-G Henninger Court, Chantilly VA 20151

Cheers!
Constantine"

I appreciate it. Man, for the price difference, I could purchase a front stand, remove the tire and still come out even with the on bike price. I knew I should have purchased a front stand when I saw them on craigslist.

Don't argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
tocino

96 900 SS/CR, 75 Guzzi 850-T, 74 MkIIa Commando

« Reply #2328 on: July 30, 2012, 06:10:57 PM »

Tested the water flow in the new shower. 

Shocked Shocked   DAMN!!   Shocked Shocked

"Purchase this fine motorbike and you will find yourself swimming in a ocean of pre-feminist, lose-moraled women in see-through clothing without any buttons." - PipeBurn
zooom
wishing I had some colorful enough tights for my
Post Whore

when your gas is natural and has a name...

« Reply #2329 on: August 17, 2012, 02:38:20 PM »

I see your shower scene and raise you some hosing off!!!

99 Cagiva Gran Canyon-"FOR SALE", PM for details.
98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
zooom
wishing I had some colorful enough tights for my
Post Whore

when your gas is natural and has a name...

« Reply #2330 on: August 17, 2012, 02:39:40 PM »

went and had crabs at Cantlers in Annapolis after picking up the munchkin from summer camp....picked up dinner from Austin's Louisiana joint before picking up the munchkin!!!

99 Cagiva Gran Canyon-"FOR SALE", PM for details.
98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
ducrider45

Just Ride!

« Reply #2331 on: August 18, 2012, 07:46:35 AM »

It was good to hear that you had stopped by! Let me know what you thought of our place.
I just missed you. Carly(the girl at the counter) told me that "my friend with the last name Zooom had just stopped by". I got a good laugh from that. Thanks for giving us a try!

Cop: "That thing is so nasty I can't bring myself to write you a ticket."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
 those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
 Thomas Jefferson

Washington D.C. area riders check out CAM on the local boards.
Real Recognize Real

« Reply #2332 on: August 18, 2012, 04:32:29 PM »

I had lots 'o fun at an indoor gun range - my first time ever. I tried a 9mm Glock, Taurus & a Snake Slayer. I thought the Taurus was the most comfortable and the SS/w shotgun shells had insane recoil.

DRKWNG

« Reply #2333 on: August 18, 2012, 05:07:43 PM »

Which range did you go to?

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Real Recognize Real

« Reply #2334 on: August 18, 2012, 05:22:53 PM »

Which range did you go to?

http://www.ontarget.biz/

I def need more practice but I did manage to hit the target. I never felt totally comfortable with the recoil - probably anticipating it too much.

ducrider45

Just Ride!

« Reply #2335 on: August 19, 2012, 01:14:23 PM »

http://www.ontarget.biz/

I def need more practice but I did manage to hit the target. I never felt totally comfortable with the recoil - probably anticipating it too much.
I go to that range a lot. It is about 5 mins from my house.
Next time you go to that range you should have lunch at my resturant. We are 3 miles away from there on the corner of 174 and 170. Grin
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 01:17:55 PM by ducrider45 » Logged

Cop: "That thing is so nasty I can't bring myself to write you a ticket."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
 those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
 Thomas Jefferson

Washington D.C. area riders check out CAM on the local boards.
DRKWNG

« Reply #2336 on: August 19, 2012, 01:27:19 PM »

Next time you go to that range you should have lunch at my resturant. We are 3 miles away from there on the corner of 174 and 170. Grin

Nope.  No shameless plug there.

Grin

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Real Recognize Real

« Reply #2337 on: August 19, 2012, 03:36:48 PM »

I can't resist a good Po' boy. Grin

jrswanson1

« Reply #2338 on: August 20, 2012, 08:33:01 AM »

I remember when you posted that on MD Shooters, but I can't bring myself to go that far into the PRM  laughingdp 
tocino

96 900 SS/CR, 75 Guzzi 850-T, 74 MkIIa Commando

« Reply #2339 on: August 20, 2012, 06:12:49 PM »

Just got home from Indy. Those Speedway guys know how to run an operation. Racing was good (no spoliers here) Saw Gene and Donnie there, but that's all from this area that I bumped into. If you like motorcycles (and I know you do!) you should go. 3 straight days of nothing but.
Oh, saw some Rossi guy at the Indy Mile checking out the flat trackers. It was one of those things where you go to check out the bikes after the race and there's a dude standing in front of you taking a cell phone pic of the bike while other people take a cell phone pic of him and then you realize, oh, it's that MotoGP guy Smiley. You could tell by the way he was talking to his buds that he just thought the XR750s were just super cool. Was all polite and asked Kenny Coolbeth if he could sit on it. Don't know how he lives with people constantly jamming cameras in his face and calling his name.

"Purchase this fine motorbike and you will find yourself swimming in a ocean of pre-feminist, lose-moraled women in see-through clothing without any buttons." - PipeBurn
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 201   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: