Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 17, 2024, 08:35:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 201   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 315188 times)
zooom
wishing I had some colorful enough tights for my
Post Whore

when your gas is natural and has a name...

« Reply #2520 on: October 29, 2012, 03:43:01 AM »

Took the monster out for a couple hours. Noticed at the gas station that the reflector (yeah, I still have them on) on the right fork is pointed straight ahead. Further down the road, my intermittent idle problem returned...Probably won't bother to take my bike back out to Duc Pond. I can get expensive/half-assed service here in the DMV.

I would take it right back to them and ask WTF if it was me personally...I would think they would be happy to make it right given the amount of $$ you just spent if they want you back...

As far as the lady across the street, I'd give her a show every night if I knew she was watching.

+1...get creative and make it a real interesting show at that...

99 Cagiva Gran Canyon-"FOR SALE", PM for details.
98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
DRKWNG

« Reply #2521 on: October 29, 2012, 05:35:57 AM »

While the radius shown does include the d.c. area

Where'd you see the radius?  I didn't see it on their page.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
TitanMonsterS4R

Yup, it's supposed to sound like that....

« Reply #2522 on: October 29, 2012, 07:20:46 AM »

I would take it right back to them and ask WTF if it was me personally...I would think they would be happy to make it right given the amount of $$ you just spent if they want you back...

Most times I would agree with you Zooom but my first and only experience with DucPond has left me wanting.  Yes, they helped me get a good deal on Eric's S4 but after dropping $1500 on 12K service, they forgot to clear the maint code on the gauge (not a big deal), forgot to tightly fasten the rear hugger (not big deal either), forgot to tightly fasten the rear rotor ( bang head) WTF?  5hrs round trip to have them fix things that they shouldn't have missed is too much for me the customer to have to bear. 

06 Monster S4R - Red/Black Final Edition
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #2523 on: October 29, 2012, 07:32:46 AM »

Most times I would agree with you Zooom but my first and only experience with DucPond has left me wanting.  Yes, they helped me get a good deal on Eric's S4 but after dropping $1500 on 12K service, they forgot to clear the maint code on the gauge (not a big deal), forgot to tightly fasten the rear hugger (not big deal either), forgot to tightly fasten the rear rotor ( bang head) WTF?  5hrs round trip to have them fix things that they shouldn't have missed is too much for me the customer to have to bear. 

they left the rear rotor lose?

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
zooom
Post Whore

« Reply #2524 on: October 29, 2012, 07:44:57 AM »

it is exactly things like that though that Donnie needs to know so that he can head issues like this off if his guys aren't up to snuff....sorry...but if I drop some serious coin at any place for a service, I expect that I shouldn't have to go behind them for any reason, and if I do, I expect them to make good on fixing those inadequecies promptly or figuring out how to make amends....just my .02 FWIW...

98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
DRKWNG

« Reply #2525 on: October 29, 2012, 08:25:02 AM »

One thing on DucPond; I've seen Donnie throw attitude at people when they have brought up issues with the service performed at his shop.  That is a huge no no in regards to keeping customers satisfied and coming back. 

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
TitanMonsterS4R

Yup, it's supposed to sound like that....

« Reply #2526 on: October 29, 2012, 08:32:02 AM »

One thing on DucPond; I've seen Donnie throw attitude at people when they have brought up issues with the service performed at his shop.  That is a huge no no in regards to keeping customers satisfied and coming back. 

Loved chattin with them about stuff, very knowledgeable staff about Ducs but not giving them my dollars.....

it is exactly things like that though that Donnie needs to know so that he can head issues like this off if his guys aren't up to snuff....sorry...but if I drop some serious coin at any place for a service, I expect that I shouldn't have to go behind them for any reason, and if I do, I expect them to make good on fixing those inadequecies promptly or figuring out how to make amends....just my .02 FWIW...

Completely agree with you on this one.  For those who will continue to bring them revenue I think it's good for DucPond to know where they're misfiring and for that I will send a note over.  However, not expecting anything grand by way a credit or anything.  Have little faith in companies when it comes to brand reputation.  When you're built the "we're the best" for a while a couple of dings doesn't bother you....(though it should)!

06 Monster S4R - Red/Black Final Edition
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #2527 on: October 29, 2012, 08:37:10 AM »

Loved chattin with them about stuff, very knowledgeable staff about Ducs but not giving them my dollars.....

Completely agree with you on this one.  For those who will continue to bring them revenue I think it's good for DucPond to know where they're misfiring and for that I will send a note over.  However, not expecting anything grand by way a credit or anything.  Have little faith in companies when it comes to brand reputation.  When you're built the "we're the best" for a while a couple of dings doesn't bother you....(though it should)!

but little dings become a nuance on the long run . . . and it bothers

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
tocino

96 900 SS/CR, 75 Guzzi 850-T, 74 MkIIa Commando

« Reply #2528 on: October 29, 2012, 10:22:49 AM »

While the radius shown is not quite the size of Jim's anus, it does include the d.c. area

Now how do you know this? Oh right, his window blinds are broken. Dude, you hanging with the fat chick across the street? You tha boss!

"Purchase this fine motorbike and you will find yourself swimming in a ocean of pre-feminist, lose-moraled women in see-through clothing without any buttons." - PipeBurn
venomousr1993

Snapping Like a Squirrel

« Reply #2529 on: October 30, 2012, 06:37:43 AM »

Big girls need loving too.  Get it while you can because there is no telling when it will come next...booze up and let it roll. Vino!

zooom
Post Whore

« Reply #2530 on: October 31, 2012, 05:29:15 AM »

Big girls need loving too.  Get it while you can because there is no telling when it will come next...booze up and let it roll. Vino!

what is that comment about fat chicks and mopeds?...

2010 KTM 990 SM-T
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #2531 on: October 31, 2012, 05:58:54 PM »

Did some post storm clean up while the light lasted.

Handed out some candy, though still have plenty left  Undecided

Changed the oil on the KTM
Put the front wheel etc back on the duc
Fixed and improved the side stand bypass that came apart

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
zooom
Post Whore

« Reply #2532 on: November 01, 2012, 03:42:49 AM »

Did some post storm clean up while the light lasted.

Handed out some candy, though still have plenty left  Undecided

Changed the oil on the KTM
Put the front wheel etc back on the duc
Fixed and improved the side stand bypass that came apart

you shoulda gotten an orange helmet and gone out on the KTM like the Horseless Headsman and handed the extra candy out!...

2010 KTM 990 SM-T
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #2533 on: November 01, 2012, 05:49:56 PM »

nah, other stuff was in the works.
This evening I changed the fuel filter on the KTM. The 690 Enduro and SMC are known for having filter mung early on and mine's no exception. At 45xx miles the filter element was good coffee brown.

band new one in... and then the struggle of getting it all back in. Finally figured out the trick of the Austrian half-twist to get the hoses to S back and allow me to insert the pump.

New fuel line connection over the weekend and we're back!

Oh and got a new phone. Old one needed to be hooked up to life support (external power) to keep it from shutting off at total random moments.

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
zooom
Post Whore

« Reply #2534 on: November 02, 2012, 03:46:01 AM »

and got a new phone. 

WHATCHA GET?

2010 KTM 990 SM-T
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 201   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: