Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 16, 2024, 10:19:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 105   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Metro DC! Who's up for a ride this weekend?  (Read 197411 times)
tuanogus
« on: June 11, 2010, 08:37:42 AM »

Let's go find some roads!

Saturday afternoon Anytime Saturday and/or anytime Sunday. I don't care about pace... fast... slow... whatever.

---- UPDATE ----
A ride to Harper's Ferry is planned for Sunday. Meet at the Exxon/Mobile across the street from Rhodeside Grill (rhodesidegrill.com) at 8:00 AM; we're rolling at 8:30 sharp.

The route takes us up the MD side of the river and down the VA side. Shoot me a PM if you want to intercept us along the way.

---- UPDATE #2 ----
Pics posted. Good ride...
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 02:47:00 PM by tuanogus » Logged
DRKWNG
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 10:36:32 AM »

BASTARD!!  Neither of the bikes are here yet, so I'm a no go. Might come follow you around in the rental car and make Termi noises though...
zooom
wishing I had some colorful enough tights for my
Post Whore

when your gas is natural and has a name...

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 10:40:19 AM »

BASTARD!!  Neither of the bikes are here yet, so I'm a no go. Might come follow you around in the rental car and make Termi noises though...

take a culmination of Termi pipe samples and record them on a CD and play it in the car with the windows down and full blast....

99 Cagiva Gran Canyon-"FOR SALE", PM for details.
98 Monster 900(trackpregnant dog-soon to be made my Fiancee's upgrade streetbike)
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
tuanogus
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 12:17:16 PM »

Might come follow you around in the rental car and make Termi noises though...

Good, you rented a Ferrari! You'll need it when we get chased out of WVA.  Shocked
DRKWNG
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 12:20:01 PM »

Good, you rented a Ferrari!

Unfortunately not; it's a Mazda.  Far cry better than the POS Kia that I originally had though...
Cagey

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010, 02:56:29 PM »

I'm up for a ride on Sunday.
tuanogus
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 03:39:23 PM »

I'm up for a ride on Sunday.

Cagey, it's good to hear from you! Wanna head out early or sleep in? Any cravings for a route? If not, I've got a few roads I've been meaning to get to...
DRKWNG
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2010, 03:40:33 PM »

two more weeks...  two more weeks...
afrozenfyre

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2010, 04:48:24 PM »

Hey guys, I'm always looking for places to ride and wanted to introduce myself. I'm in Bethesda on an '00 M750 and am pretty light on riding buddies--mostly just been commuting. I've only logged a couple thousand miles so I'm not a huge speedster but if anyone ever wants a casual ride, I'd totally be down.  waytogo

unfortunately I can't make sunday though.

--Reid
tuanogus
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2010, 05:18:58 PM »

Hey Reid, what's your Saturday looking like? We can meet up out on G'Town Turnpike or River Rd...
Cagey

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2010, 01:25:34 AM »

tuanogus -- I usually try to head out a bit early to avoid traffic as much as possible -- also cooler for a while. I'm up for anything. Heading out now in fact. I see your edit re Saturday am. Where are you going this morning? Email me.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 01:35:48 AM by Cagey » Logged
tuanogus
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2010, 04:22:01 AM »

I didn't get any takers for Saturday before I hit the sack last night. So I planned to get up early this AM to beat heat/traffic/mayhem. I was on the road by 7:00... Looks like I just missed you, Cagey. I'll e-mail you RE Sunday.

Reid, I got your message. I'm gonna try again to plan a group ride next weekend. Hopefully we'll catch up then.

For others following along, Cagey and I are going to roll out of Arlington early'ish tomorrow. Not sure of direction, yet, but will post details here.
afrozenfyre

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2010, 07:39:22 AM »

Alright, sounds good. Too bad I can't tomorrow morning, but I'll catch up eventually.
tuanogus
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2010, 11:00:00 AM »

Bump! See the update in the OP.
tuanogus
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2010, 02:45:41 PM »

Getting there was easier said than done for a MD dummy like me. Fortunately Cagey was familiar with many of the roads up there and kept us going in the right direction (despite some road closures and detours). It was a great day and the sky stayed clear... Here are a few pics of our stop in historic Harper's Ferry.

Very cool town and I wish we had time to explore the area. Looking forward to getting back out there.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 105   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: