Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

May 01, 2024, 03:21:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2009 Yamaha VMAX  (Read 6885 times)
bluemoco
I got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell!

'04 M800i.e. on a no (carbon) fiber diet.

« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2008, 06:47:05 AM »

I just read this new VMax article and the thought that struck me is this bike is at least 10 years overdue.  It has been so long now that nobody is going to care or buy one especially at $18K. 

The guys over at Motorcycle Daily have a different opinion:

"If the redesign of the VMAX isn't the most highly anticipated new product in the motorcycle industry over the past five years, I am not sure what is."

Anyway, I think a VMAX would be a hoot to ride. Sadly, it looks like I'll have to wait 'til they hit showrooms in November.

"I'm the guy who does his job. You must be the other guy." - Donnie Wahlberg in "The Departed"

"America is all about speed.  Hot, nasty, badass speed." --Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936
Travman

‘70 Guzzi, ‘73 Norton, ‘73 V7 Sport, ‘12 V7 Racer

« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2008, 07:58:39 AM »

The guys over at Motorcycle Daily have a different opinion:

"If the redesign of the VMAX isn't the most highly anticipated new product in the motorcycle industry over the past five years, I am not sure what is."

Anyway, I think a VMAX would be a hoot to ride. Sadly, it looks like I'll have to wait 'til they hit showrooms in November.

You're right the VMAX will be a hoot to ride (especially on highway on-ramps where its acceleration will feel awesome.)  I guess I can't really say they won't sell.  I'm just skeptical.  I wan't a new VMax over ten years ago and it never came out so I lost interest.  Maybe others still care.
silentbob
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2008, 08:23:06 AM »

They completely dropped the ball.  Just like the fabled MT-01.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: