Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 28, 2024, 07:21:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 584   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GUN STUFF  (Read 841856 times)
ducatiz
No trellis. no desmo. = Not Ducati.
Post Whore

« Reply #3945 on: October 05, 2012, 08:34:26 AM »

The smallest 9 in that class is the Kahr P9 (also CW9).. They make a micro version called the PM9 (CM9) but they are just too small to use.

With 9mm you end up with about 1/4" more width no matter which brand.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
stateprez

« Reply #3946 on: October 05, 2012, 09:00:19 AM »

I was looking at the Beretta Nano as a possible replacement for my P3AT.  I think it's +P rated like the Kahr, a little smaller than the Ruger.

I'd love a Kimber Solo, but I have a feeling I'd feel guilty tossing around a gun that expensive....like I did with my Ultra Tac.

'03 999 Mono
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #3947 on: October 05, 2012, 09:25:06 AM »

The smallest 9 in that class is the Kahr P9 (also CW9).. They make a micro version called the PM9 (CM9) but they are just too small to use.

With 9mm you end up with about 1/4" more width no matter which brand.
There are several smaller than the Kahr...if you're on a champagne and caviar budget.

The Boberg XR9 and the Rorhrbaugh R9 are both significantly shorter and thinner...as thin as the Seecamp in .32. They're not much different in height. Problem is they're ~$1000 and up...remember the poor painter part of this exercise?  Grin

The Kimber and Sig are smaller too, but not much, and pricey also.

If I can find a Kahr used I'd consider it depending on price.

I can't afford to buy a problem regardless of manufacturer and there's always that chance especially used.

Most likely I'll end up with a KelTec or Ruger.

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #3948 on: October 05, 2012, 03:14:59 PM »

I love my keltec.  Zero issues.

Check out my oil filter forensics thread!                     Offended? Click here
"Yelling out of cars, turning your speakers out the window to blast your music onto the street, setting off M-80 firecrackers, firing automatic weapons into the air—these are all well and good. But none of them create a merry atmosphere of insouciance and bonhomie quite like a revving motorcycle.
fastwin
She pointed and laughed at my

tap, rack, bang

« Reply #3949 on: October 05, 2012, 03:50:27 PM »

Yeah .380 is no match for a good 9mm HP defense round but it's better than spit, a knife and bad language! Wink I have had zero feed or eject issues with the Ruger or Kel-Tec... and that includes my older .32 cal Kel-Tec. Great little pocket guns. Had more trouble with my old Seecamp and it cost a lot more than my other mouse guns. Not to get ugly here but I'd shoot a bad guy with a mouse gun than try and stab him with a tactical folder in times of need. Just sayin'... waytogo

I've had no trigger time on any Kahrs but I have heard good things about them.

I plan to list the Federal Gov't. as a dependent on my next 1040 tax filing!

I have flying honey badgers and I'm not afraid to use them!

The fact that flame throwers exist is proof that someone somewhere said "I'd sure like to set those people over there on fire but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

CONFIDENCE: the feeling you have right before you understand the situation.
fastwin

tap, rack, bang

« Reply #3950 on: October 05, 2012, 03:58:21 PM »

I know Michael Tinney from back in the day when he owned and sold Gun List to open Cheaper than Dirt. Between the Gun List sale and CTD he was the sole Norinco importer. No telling how many containers he imported! At local gun shows he would sell a Norinco SKS and a 1,200 rnd case of AK ammo for $200!!! I never cashed in on that deal but I did buy a shit load of Norinco ammo before the import got shut down. waytogo

The fact that flame throwers exist is proof that someone somewhere said "I'd sure like to set those people over there on fire but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #3951 on: October 05, 2012, 04:05:40 PM »

It's claimed that a .380 in your pocket is better than 200 AK's at home in the safe.

perspective
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

kopfjäger
Post Whore

Feral 859

« Reply #3952 on: October 05, 2012, 04:11:41 PM »

It's claimed that a .380 in your pocket is better than 200 AK's at home in the safe.

Wink drink

“Woohoohoohoo! Two personal records! For breath holding and number of sharks shot in the frickin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
derby

« Reply #3953 on: October 05, 2012, 04:23:17 PM »

you know, photographers say something similar about cameras.

-- derby

'07 Suz GSX-R750

Retired rides: '05 Duc Monster S4R, '99 Yam YZF-R1, '98 Hon CBR600F3, '97 Suz GSX-R750, '96 Hon CBR600F3, '94 Hon CBR600F2, '91 Hon Hawk GT, '91 Yam YSR-50, '87 Yam YSR-50

click here for info about my avatar
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #3954 on: October 05, 2012, 04:30:19 PM »

you know, photographers say something similar about cameras.
Doesn't matter what you're up to...

it's all in the timing.  Wink

perspective

ducatiz
Post Whore

« Reply #3955 on: October 05, 2012, 04:39:21 PM »

I remember when CTD really was CTD!

fastwin

tap, rack, bang

« Reply #3956 on: October 05, 2012, 06:20:56 PM »

Timing, circumstance, equipment and mindset are what it's all about. Heck, under the right conditions a broom stick or baseball bat will do. Lots of people have fought off bear attacks with nothing other than attitude and their fists. Having a firestick of any caliber helps if you know how to use it and are determined not to lose. Wink

sno_duc

« Reply #3957 on: October 07, 2012, 04:19:45 PM »

AR fans.
Just put a J P spring kit in a Ruger SR 556.
 waytogo
Turned it from a "typical ruger" trigger, 8 lbs + and gravlely into a decent 4 lb trigger. (that and a few swipes with a hard arkansas stone, + a little tetra-lube grease)

A conclusion is the place you got tired of thinking
caperix

« Reply #3958 on: October 09, 2012, 10:17:51 AM »

Has anyone shot a Smith & Wesson M & P shield?  I am thinking of getting one for a new CCW. But none of the shops in my area have one I can handle or test.  If so how was the trigger pull on it? It sounds a little on the light side for a double action only in the spec sheet but you never know until you work the weapon.  I like to carry with a round in the chamber & no saftey set so if I have to use it, the weapon is ready to go.  My current carry weapon is a Sig 229, I love it but it is a little on the big & heavy side for a every day carry weapon.
fastwin

tap, rack, bang

« Reply #3959 on: October 09, 2012, 11:03:43 AM »

AR fans.
Just put a J P spring kit in a Ruger SR 556.
 waytogo
Turned it from a "typical ruger" trigger, 8 lbs + and gravlely into a decent 4 lb trigger. (that and a few swipes with a hard arkansas stone, + a little tetra-lube grease)

Ain't nothin' better than a good trigger. It can turn a POS firearm into a favorite! waytogo Glad the mods made you happy. bacon popcorn

Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 584   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: