Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

June 27, 2024, 01:01:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 306   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's riding this weekend?  (Read 507144 times)
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

2007 S4RS (sold) , 2008 1098S (sold), 2013 1199R,

« Reply #1755 on: July 31, 2010, 09:33:32 AM »

Well, I guess that classifies as seeing you guys on the mountain (Zaster w/Cupcake...riding beautifully as always, JJ with his knee 6in. off the ground on a quick lead change rhythm section...How do you do that? you're like the Yoda of knee out, & DucDog sittin' on wheel like a lazy day cruise...Budda baby). After the ski area we never got behind a car, up, or down. But before that, You know you are behind a slow group of cars when it's 65deg. out and your engines water temp is at 213.

Another perfect day!   
Was good to see you ride....had to get my nephew back to his mom for the ride back to Taos...hence the quick dash Smiley
kingbaby

« Reply #1756 on: July 31, 2010, 10:07:49 AM »

It's been so long that I sometimes forget to put my feet down when I stop.

JJ, I'm glad you were on the phone with Dylan when we were at the shop buying new shoes. I didn't notice that rear Pilot was a 55. I'm used to walking by the tire rack & them being 50's.  He ordered up what I need, and I have three or four hard days left on these.   Unfortunately, In the 30min we were there, Felina found a pair of vintage style Triumph race boots she "Had" to have.

I promise to make better mistakes tomorrow.
Plumbers Crack
Crack Kills

« Reply #1757 on: July 31, 2010, 03:22:09 PM »

Just dropped 203 bucks on new shoes.. Ill need to scrub them in.. Ill come for a ride.. 

new 2CT

Smiley

Sorry I don't have a censor button.. I Speak whats on my mind.
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

« Reply #1758 on: July 31, 2010, 03:25:52 PM »

Just dropped 203 bucks on new shoes.. Ill need to scrub them in.. Ill come for a ride.. 

new 2CT

Smiley
When and where [moto]
Ratfink749
Peanuts may cause swelling of your

« Reply #1759 on: July 31, 2010, 04:13:09 PM »

Yes, yes.. what is the plan here?  I gotta RIDE!

Sometimes when you say no, you really mean YES, that is why we have the safe word.. "FLÜGGÅƎNK∂€ČHIŒβØL∫ÊN"  If at any time the pleasure is too much, simply say the safe word, and we will stop"

Dirty people say:
"yep.. Ducati makes a fine motorcycle.. If your into all that Crotchrocket Bulls@#t!"
Duck-Stew

« Reply #1760 on: July 31, 2010, 05:00:38 PM »

Took all-bloody-day, but the Triumph tail-tidy is done.  If'n the weather allows, I'm up for some CAD in the am and a quick ride somewhere.  I can't go too long, got work to do before DitR...

Bike-less Portuguese immigrant enjoying life.
DucMouse the Mighty
At least the smartess part of my body is my

« Reply #1761 on: August 01, 2010, 02:38:22 AM »

CAD @ 8 Grin

spankin™

Copy. Calibration error = humidity, altitude, attitude to tutu, distraction from tutu, stereotype naked rat bikes, human error due to heat, tutu and jealousy!
JJ

RED DEVIL PROPELLED WITH LOUD DESMO~~FIRE~~

« Reply #1762 on: August 01, 2010, 04:22:06 AM »

Well, I guess that classifies as seeing you guys on the mountain (Zaster w/Cupcake...riding beautifully as always, JJ with his knee 6in. off the ground on a quick lead change rhythm section...How do you do that? you're like the Yoda of knee out, & DucDog sittin' on wheel like a lazy day cruise...Budda baby). After the ski area we never got behind a car, up, or down. But before that, You know you are behind a slow group of cars when it's 65deg. out and your engines water temp is at 213.
 Another perfect day!    

Was good to see you pass Keith, we waited a minute or so, but Zaster had to rush and I had to get a new rear tire. Dylan managed to cut me a break on a Pilot Power 190-55, was a bit worried on mismatch, but I headed straight back to Crest for a confidence scrub...did surprisingly well...yet to floor it, but seems like it works flawless! Saw a big Elk cross and then two corners later 4 deers hop across...thankfully, was on scrubbing tour!  Grin

Ed and I had a great ride. Thanks a ton Ed for helping out! Zaster, I must say has a super talent with a 1+1 on a superbike...he was hauling it!!!  [moto] See you all in Ouray waytogo...Keep it easy today folks...was a bit damp up there... I'll spend the day scrubbing chain.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 04:27:15 AM by JJ » Logged

Ride forever...
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

« Reply #1763 on: August 01, 2010, 07:38:57 AM »

Was good to see you pass Keith, we waited a minute or so, but Zaster had to rush and I had to get a new rear tire. Dylan managed to cut me a break on a Pilot Power 190-55, was a bit worried on mismatch, but I headed straight back to Crest for a confidence scrub...did surprisingly well...yet to floor it, but seems like it works flawless! Saw a big Elk cross and then two corners later 4 deers hop across...thankfully, was on scrubbing tour!  Grin

Ed and I had a great ride. Thanks a ton Ed for helping out! Zaster, I must say has a super talent with a 1+1 on a superbike...he was hauling it!!!  [moto] See you all in Ouray waytogo...Keep it easy today folks...was a bit damp up there... I'll spend the day scrubbing chain.
I'm glad you got proper footwear for Ouray waytogo After opinions from fellow riders I decided to pick up a front tire before the trip...
Had a great ride with the guys and gal today [moto]
kingbaby

« Reply #1764 on: August 01, 2010, 09:46:56 AM »

Tire talk is like oil talk. In this day & age, if they are made for the same purpose, they all work great. Your bike has no clue that you are "mismatched" based on the brand name. And no, I'm not saying to mix different oils, but I'm sure you motorheads know that. 
I think you will be pleased with the Pilots you chose. I went back to those single compounds also, (from the 2CT's) now that I don't have the time to put in 2K a month flyin' down the interstates anymore.  I did forgot how much more feel they have...Me Luv.
Suspension & air pressure are key...always.

Elk...On the Crest...Really?

I promise to make better mistakes tomorrow.
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

« Reply #1765 on: August 01, 2010, 11:06:02 AM »

Tire talk is like oil talk. In this day & age, if they are made for the same purpose, they all work great. Your bike has no clue that you are "mismatched" based on the brand name. And no, I'm not saying to mix different oils, but I'm sure you motorheads know that. 
I think you will be pleased with the Pilots you chose. I went back to those single compounds also, (from the 2CT's) now that I don't have the time to put in 2K a month flyin' down the interstates anymore.  I did forgot how much more feel they have...Me Luv.
Suspension & air pressure are key...always.

Elk...On the Crest...Really?
Couldn't agree with you more....had a Pilot rear and an OEM Pirelli on the front on the 1098 and no issues. I do prefer the shape of the pilot front over the Pirelli OEM.
For price and performance reasons, I will use only pilots on both of my bikes for now.
And yes, I have seen elk on the Crest during my bow hunting days Wink
JJ

RED DEVIL PROPELLED WITH LOUD DESMO~~FIRE~~

« Reply #1766 on: August 01, 2010, 05:18:13 PM »

Couldn't agree with you more....had a Pilot rear and an OEM Pirelli on the front on the 1098 and no issues. I do prefer the shape of the pilot front over the Pirelli OEM.
For price and performance reasons, I will use only pilots on both of my bikes for now.
And yes, I have seen elk on the Crest during my bow hunting days Wink
Encouraging, thanks!  waytogo It could have a VERY DIFFERENT DEER!  Wink But, unlike the other spotted deers, this one was alone and had BIG split horns...was also grayish brown...Next time, I'll drag one along to CAD... chug

Ride forever...
crat996

« Reply #1767 on: August 02, 2010, 05:07:26 AM »

Encouraging, thanks!  waytogo It could have a VERY DIFFERENT DEER!  Wink But, unlike the other spotted deers, this one was alone and had BIG split horns...was also grayish brown...Next time, I'll drag one along to CAD... chug

I haven't seen any elk, but I went up a few Sundays ago after playing golf and saw quite a few deer. I came around the corner a little bit past the ski area and there was a HUGE bear just chilling in the middle of the road.Shocked I slowed down and turned around to check him out. He didn't stay around very long. He scaled the side of the cliff and turned around to check me out. It was pretty crazy.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 07:31:29 AM by crat996 » Logged

'99 Ducati 996S #048-Gone but not forgotten
'07 Triumph Speed Triple
'05 GSXR 1000
DucMouse the Mighty
At least the smartess part of my body is my

« Reply #1768 on: August 02, 2010, 05:11:54 AM »

I haven't seen any elk, but I went up a few Sundays ago after playing golf and saw quite a few deer. I came around the corner a little bit past the ski area and there was a HUGE beer just chilling in the middle of the road.Shocked I slowed down and turned around to check him out. He didn't stay around very long. He scaled the side of the cliff and turned around to check me out. It was pretty crazy.

Shocked damn i would love to come and corner and find one of those  laughingdp

matt said he sawled a bear awhile back when we were coming down...a cub i think....we never sawled him laughingdp

spankin™

Copy. Calibration error = humidity, altitude, attitude to tutu, distraction from tutu, stereotype naked rat bikes, human error due to heat, tutu and jealousy!
crat996

« Reply #1769 on: August 02, 2010, 07:34:41 AM »

Shocked damn i would love to come and corner and find one of those  laughingdp

matt said he sawled a bear awhile back when we were coming down...a cub i think....we never sawled him laughingdp

Fixed. Tongue It was a bear, not a beer. HAHA! It was definitely not a cub. It was probably about 3ft high at his shoulders. He was pretty big. I've never seen a bear in the wild before.

'99 Ducati 996S #048-Gone but not forgotten
'07 Triumph Speed Triple
'05 GSXR 1000
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 306   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: