Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

June 27, 2024, 01:07:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 306   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's riding this weekend?  (Read 507158 times)
Cloner
Nah...I ain't no stinkin'

....because a mind is a terrible thing......

« Reply #2145 on: November 17, 2010, 07:28:58 AM »

It's supposed to be over 60° Fahrenheit in the Albuquerque Metro area this weekend.  Who's up for a ride?  I'm thinking Crest unless someone else has a better idea.

Maybe meet at CAD around 10:00 am Saturday and ride up from there?  Thoughts?  Complaints?  Affirmations?

Speak up pregnant doges!!!

Never appeal to a man's "better nature."  He may not have one.  Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage.  R.A. Heinlein

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'67 Aermacchi/HD Sprint SS (race bike)
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'03 Ducati 800 SS (race bike)
'04 KTM 450 EXC
'08 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (race bike)
gratefulduc

« Reply #2146 on: November 17, 2010, 09:02:40 AM »

It's supposed to be over 60° Fahrenheit in the Albuquerque Metro area this weekend.  Who's up for a ride?  I'm thinking Crest unless someone else has a better idea.

Maybe meet at CAD around 10:00 am Saturday and ride up from there?  Thoughts?  Complaints?  Affirmations?

My son and i are going at 11 this morning. Can't wait until Saturday!!!

'90 750 sport
Ratfink749
Peanuts may cause swelling of your

« Reply #2147 on: November 17, 2010, 10:11:22 AM »

Bike is currently in 3.4 million pieces.  I'm done for the season at this point.  Does look like its gonna be sunny and nice though!

Sometimes when you say no, you really mean YES, that is why we have the safe word.. "FLÜGGÅƎNK∂€ČHIŒβØL∫ÊN"  If at any time the pleasure is too much, simply say the safe word, and we will stop"

Dirty people say:
"yep.. Ducati makes a fine motorcycle.. If your into all that Crotchrocket Bulls@#t!"
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

2007 S4RS (sold) , 2008 1098S (sold), 2013 1199R,

« Reply #2148 on: November 17, 2010, 11:39:07 AM »

I'm in [moto]
nicrosato
I refuse to join any club that would have me as a

Red Dog with Yellow Dog

« Reply #2149 on: November 17, 2010, 01:00:38 PM »

Meanwhile, Nic really would like to sell a Florida tagged HD....but I guess Rene's NM version will have to do. 

Yes, I would like to sell the Harley. I'll be putting it on eBay tomorrow and looking for  $6,000. However, I would take $5,400 from a NMMRer and split the cost of the shipping. Since this has been a bad year for making money, I'd like to sell it for the cash, some of which is slated as the down payment on a '99 ST4.

Riding. Well, the weather has been mostly OK here in NY- temps in the high 50's and 60's. The rainy and windy days mean the leaves come down and make for slick roads. I haven't been riding because I'm dealing with medical stuff and haven't been up to it. I do intend to get some seat time in before the end of the year, though.

Nobody said that I did. Everyone says that I would.
gratefulduc

« Reply #2150 on: November 17, 2010, 01:35:13 PM »

My son and i are going at 11 this morning. Can't wait until Saturday!!!
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31882764&id=1345380064

We FROZE! Rode to madrid and back. Temps hovered around 50!

'90 750 sport
JJ

RED DEVIL PROPELLED WITH LOUD DESMO~~FIRE~~

« Reply #2151 on: November 18, 2010, 09:17:12 AM »

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry  popcorn

Ride forever...
Cloner

« Reply #2152 on: November 18, 2010, 10:20:09 AM »

Wanna borrow the Supersport for the day?  It needs new tires....but you're used to that, huh?   Wink

It's a bit primitive compared to what you've been riding, but it'll hold a pace well enough.   bacon

Never appeal to a man's "better nature."  He may not have one.  Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage.  R.A. Heinlein

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'04 KTM 450 EXC
JJ

« Reply #2153 on: November 18, 2010, 12:49:23 PM »

Wanna borrow the Supersport for the day?  It needs new tires....but you're used to that, huh?   Wink
It's a bit primitive compared to what you've been riding, but it'll hold a pace well enough.   bacon
Trust me that much?  Wink I'm coming down to ABQ, Saturday morning...Molly has training at the Law school for a Mock Jury session. I may take up on that offer or take Karl's spare Monster and cruise along with you speedsters.  waytogo

Ride forever...
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

2007 S4RS (sold) , 2008 1098S (sold), 2013 1199R,

« Reply #2154 on: November 18, 2010, 01:28:34 PM »

Trust me that much?  Wink I'm coming down to ABQ, Saturday morning...Molly has training at the Law school for a Mock Jury session. I may take up on that offer or take Karl's spare Monster and cruise along with you speedsters.  waytogo
That would be great!!!!!!! [moto]
Cloner

« Reply #2155 on: November 18, 2010, 03:18:47 PM »

What time will you be available?  I'll have to be a little later than the 10:00 am I mentioned earlier, as I need to work Saturday morning, but maybe around noon?

S

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'04 KTM 450 EXC
JJ

« Reply #2156 on: November 18, 2010, 04:05:13 PM »

Well, my free time slot was 8 to 1pm...I can work it out and perhaps rope her in...though I don't have safety gear for her. I'll be in ABQ and you have my cell...See you at some point on Saturday.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 05:48:02 PM by JJ » Logged

Ride forever...
nicrosato
I refuse to join any club that would have me as a

Red Dog with Yellow Dog

« Reply #2157 on: November 19, 2010, 04:53:53 AM »

FYI: If you any of you need a ride from time to time, you can try making arrangements with Stew to borrow my '97 M900.

Nobody said that I did. Everyone says that I would.
Cloner

« Reply #2158 on: November 19, 2010, 08:19:17 AM »

That's awfully nice of you Nic.  Are you guys coming in for the holidays at all?

J.J., If you want to bring the SO along for the ride you're definitely restricted to Karl's or Nic's Monsters, as none of my bikes has passenger accommodations.  I plan to be at work early (around 7:00 or 8:00) and stay no more than three or four hours, so I'll be out and about after that. 

For what it's worth, I actually think it'd be cool if you'd ride the old Supersport sometime.  It's a kick in the pants after riding all of this modern hardware.  It runs like a tractor and requires significant effort to make things happen.  Heck....even the throttle inputs feel heavy compared to anything modern.   Grin

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'04 KTM 450 EXC
JJ

« Reply #2159 on: November 19, 2010, 12:21:34 PM »

That's awfully nice of you Nic.  Are you guys coming in for the holidays at all?

J.J., If you want to bring the SO along for the ride you're definitely restricted to Karl's or Nic's Monsters, as none of my bikes has passenger accommodations.  I plan to be at work early (around 7:00 or 8:00) and stay no more than three or four hours, so I'll be out and about after that. 

For what it's worth, I actually think it'd be cool if you'd ride the old Supersport sometime.  It's a kick in the pants after riding all of this modern hardware.  It runs like a tractor and requires significant effort to make things happen.  Heck....even the throttle inputs feel heavy compared to anything modern.   Grin

Even if I would like, Molly does not accompany me on a bike...So, rules it out! Smiley She has perhaps seen me do one too many crazy things and also, it is best to ride alone on a sports bike. I'm not looking forward to trying any of these bikes as I prefer to ride mine always, however, as you mentioned, it is good to feel other machines and test skills on them. I thoroughly enjoyed Craig's 996, was an absolute difference...

The sales pitch on your Supersport doesn't seem tempting...what I understood is that you have an ELEPHANT with no flexi-rudder...Smiley Since, you are working till about 12, I may take up on Karl's monster this time and run into you on the last leg about noon at CAD.

Karl- I'll call/text you on Sat morning to arrange a meeting at your residence.

Thanks for all the bike offers!!! Generous of you all...My settlement is pretty close and I may have room for another Italian machine in 2011!

Ride forever...
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 306   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: