Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

June 22, 2024, 06:46:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 306   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's riding this weekend?  (Read 503561 times)
Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #3285 on: December 01, 2011, 12:07:13 PM »

please take some video and ride for me  cheeky

I'm still waiting to see video OF you from a previous ride. Grin

It's all in the grind, Sizemore. Can't be too fine, can't be too coarse. This, my friend, is a science. I mean you're looking at the guy that believed all the commercials. You know, about the "be all you can be." I made coffee through Desert Storm. I made coffee through Panama while everyone else got to fight, got to be a Ranger.

* A man can never have too much whiskey, too many books, or too much ammunition *
DucMouse the Mighty
At least the smartess part of my body is my

« Reply #3286 on: December 01, 2011, 01:14:17 PM »

I'm still waiting to see video OF you from a previous ride. Grin

Don't be hatin  cheeky

We'll get your video of me riding  cheeky

So when is your butt going to come down and hang out with us Hooligans  popcorn

spankin™

Copy. Calibration error = humidity, altitude, attitude to tutu, distraction from tutu, stereotype naked rat bikes, human error due to heat, tutu and jealousy!
Bick
Post Whore

« Reply #3287 on: December 01, 2011, 01:46:43 PM »

Not of you riding.  Of you, from a previous ride.

Nipple Dance...

It's all in the grind, Sizemore. Can't be too fine, can't be too coarse. This, my friend, is a science. I mean you're looking at the guy that believed all the commercials. You know, about the "be all you can be." I made coffee through Desert Storm. I made coffee through Panama while everyone else got to fight, got to be a Ranger.

* A man can never have too much whiskey, too many books, or too much ammunition *
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

2007 S4RS (sold) , 2008 1098S (sold), 2013 1199R,

« Reply #3288 on: December 04, 2011, 04:58:18 PM »

Having a hard time with the 'no ride' weekends Cry
JJ

RED DEVIL PROPELLED WITH LOUD DESMO~~FIRE~~

« Reply #3289 on: December 04, 2011, 07:09:06 PM »

Having a hard time with the 'no ride' weekends :'(

Tell me about it!   :'(
I had an awesome afternoon after the snow cloud passed...not that I waited...Woke the neighbors at 8:30am with two stroke rock n roll...As brave as I pretended to be, hell it was crazy freezing!!! ...I wasn't riding the Duc, I was finally tuning successfully and riding the Good ol' Czechoslovakian 1972 Jawa 350 Californian. Have been at it several nights, breaking, destroying, replacing, spending, studying, dis-assembling, non-assembling, Googling, fixing, assembling and still fixing...the perfectionist in me...My first bike age 4 onwards till replaced by a scooter about age 10! It was so much fun riding it around the block terrorizing everyone...! waytogo Dolph

For those who want to follow 200+ pictures/have nothing else to do and laugh at my numerous garage blunders, fix/refix tales, here's the pictorial story:
http://s292.photobucket.com/albums/mm38/joel_jacob/1972%20Jawa%20350%20Californian/
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 07:28:11 PM by JJ » Logged

Ride forever...
Duck-Stew

« Reply #3290 on: December 04, 2011, 09:06:36 PM »

Nice shots JJ! 

Now, for the love of whatever-you-call-holy...  Would you PLEASE put new tires on that bike?!?!?

Bike-less Portuguese immigrant enjoying life.
Duc L'Smart

« Reply #3291 on: December 05, 2011, 07:06:41 AM »

I did some riding this weekend... The chairlifts at Taos Grin
22" of fresh powder (for you metric readers, 22" converts to a shit-ton)
 waytogo

'07 1098s, '06 Paul Smart LE, '99 BMW K1200RS, '73 BMW R75/5, '67 Ducati Monza 250 Bevel Drive, '63 Vespa GS 160
DonJuanDucati

« Reply #3292 on: December 05, 2011, 08:14:58 AM »

I'm jealous, we don't get enough snow here to snowboard yet, just enough to keep us from riding the moto.  Sad

Other than the blistering cold, winds, and sheets of ice all over the road it looks like a beautiful day to take out the monster.  Dolph
DucDog
Medium Rare

Voices!....Do you hear voices?

« Reply #3293 on: December 05, 2011, 12:01:22 PM »

JJ, way to go!     applause

Glad that you got your old "memory machine" running.  I am sure that it was a 3-D puzzle to get all the parts off the bike, repaired and replaced. 

You must have figured out the timing since it is running.  Did you use the old analog VOM meter and TDC bolt/plug to set the "points break" position? 

You might print a few of the key pictures and put them with your handwritten or typed notes.  These will be very helpful when some widget breaks or needs adjusting a few years from now.   

The bike looks like you worked hard to erase 40+ years of neglect.  The bike had to wait a long time for a deserving new owner, you!

Have fun!   waytogo

---Anything worth doing.... is worth over doing!....
---How will you know if you've gone too far, unless you actually go there!.......
JJ

« Reply #3294 on: December 05, 2011, 05:16:18 PM »

Stu- Thanks, will throw new shoes through winter...Dont think anything can go through these 40 year old tires...they are as strong as pavement! Smiley

Ed- Thanks, yes did figure timing...like all things once you learn, it gets easy...used few tricks...an old fuel tube through a socket fixed near spark plug gap, right angle scale to balance the fitment and to provide reference...rotate cam to TDC, mark tube, confirm few times, set point gap, mark 3.5mm above tube, lower piston per cylinder, set points gap, confirm few times, repeat next cylinder, confirm all again...Wink close, cross fingers, take a deep breath, kick start and smile. waytogo
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 05:22:06 PM by JJ » Logged

Ride forever...
DonJuanDucati

« Reply #3295 on: December 07, 2011, 12:24:46 AM »

Just checked the weather in NYC for some reason. It's 60 degrees right now! Let's all go over there next winter to extend our riding season.  laughingdp
DucDog
Medium Rare

Voices!....Do you hear voices?

« Reply #3296 on: December 09, 2011, 01:16:22 PM »

I'm in NYC looking out the window right now. 

I can tell you that it was a very nice 60 degrees a few days ago.  Then, it rained for two days and the temps dropped into the 40's.   Tongue

There's a Monster parked on the corner, but generally I haven't seen as many M/C's as usual.  I think the weather has people storing their rides in the garage until spring. 

However, the present traffic seems to be a fertile mix of Kamikaze scooter riders shooting through gaps between cars, furiously peddling bicycle delivery guys, nutty speeding weaving cab drivers, 60ft articulated buses, whizzing black Lincoln limos, jaywalking pedestrians and scraped up delivery trucks.  I haven't seen any major pile ups.  But, I don't know why.....?    Roll Eyes

NYC might not be Korea, but it feels like Bangladesh.... or Shanghai.....    Shocked

Glad that I missed the Albuquerque cold, snow and wind, but will be back at the homestead soon.  Several vintage M/C's need surgery, money, parts, time...!     Grin

---Anything worth doing.... is worth over doing!....
---How will you know if you've gone too far, unless you actually go there!.......
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

« Reply #3297 on: December 11, 2011, 04:33:06 PM »

JJ,
Was good to see you riding the Jawa today. You are one brave soul to ride in these temps.
But then again.... you got  to Dolph waytogo
JJ

« Reply #3298 on: December 11, 2011, 04:52:46 PM »

JJ,
Was good to see you riding the Jawa today. You are one brave soul to ride in these temps.
But then again.... you got  to Dolph waytogo

Thanks Karl, it was good to see your other passion & meet you as well! Maybe someday I'll get into the fireworks...I rode on this time downhill & topped slightly over 75mph...Maybe some more main jet or main needle tuning would give me an extra 5mph on full throttle...My need for speed is such that I was frozen on legs and fingers, though I kept the throttle wide open and kept confirming its open...!  75 mph felt like a crawl...we are all pampered these days! Grin  cheeky

I rode on to Scotts to check on him, he is doing lot better... waytogo

Ride forever...
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

« Reply #3299 on: December 11, 2011, 05:09:05 PM »

Matt and I had a blast and stayed until 4....nothing like hitting a target at 560 yards.
I do miss the riding though...I'm glad you checked up on our friend and that he is doing better.  waytogo
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 306   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: