Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 28, 2024, 03:45:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 306   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's riding this weekend?  (Read 535297 times)
Cloner
Nah...I ain't no stinkin'

....because a mind is a terrible thing......

« Reply #705 on: June 20, 2009, 10:05:56 AM »

OK....the weekend is upon us again, and the Weather Channel says our weather tomorrow includes a 0% chance of precipitation.  I, therefore, nominate Sunday as the official "Get Your Ass Out of Bed and Get to the Crest" day.  Larry told me Thursday night that his son will be in town and that he should be able to meet at the Cafe at Dawn around 11:00.

However, I think that's a little late, so I think I'm going to get there around 9:00 and take a blast up and back, and then meet Larry and company at the Cafe at 11:00 and ride it again!  That means that the lazy gits (you know who you are) can sleep in and the rest of us can do a double dose of Cresty goodness, and everybody gets a ride in.

Any "yea" or "nay" votes?

Oh....and there's World Superbike at 1:30 on Speed!!  Riding and Racing.  Excellent!

Never appeal to a man's "better nature."  He may not have one.  Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage.  R.A. Heinlein

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'67 Aermacchi/HD Sprint SS (race bike)
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'03 Ducati 800 SS (race bike)
'04 KTM 450 EXC
'08 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (race bike)
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

2007 S4RS (sold) , 2008 1098S (sold), 2013 1199R,

« Reply #706 on: June 20, 2009, 10:09:55 AM »

I can meet you there at..... let's say 9:30?
hunkypunk
« Reply #707 on: June 20, 2009, 01:38:56 PM »

Dawn patrol up the crest would be great but....yah ....I will probably be at the coffee shop at 11. my son and I are probably going to ride to Madrid and on to santa Fe brewing Co. for lunch on No14 if anybody wants to join us...of course after some more crest runs.  waytogo
crat996

« Reply #708 on: June 20, 2009, 06:34:42 PM »

I am going to be there around 9-9:30. The weather looks good so far. See you there!

'99 Ducati 996S #048-Gone but not forgotten
'07 Triumph Speed Triple
'05 GSXR 1000
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

« Reply #709 on: June 21, 2009, 12:28:34 PM »

Nice riding gents,
Enjoyed the Crest rides with crat996, Cloner and Goduc...not to forget running into HP at the cafe.
Hey DesertDuc, just wanted to let you know that a fly guy from your home state joined the group...being from flat country he sure knows how to ride that mountain waytogo
crat996

« Reply #710 on: June 21, 2009, 04:39:59 PM »

Nice riding gents,
Enjoyed the Crest rides with crat996, Cloner and Goduc...not to forget running into HP at the cafe.
Hey DesertDuc, just wanted to let you know that a fly guy from your home state joined the group...being from flat country he sure knows how to ride that mountain waytogo

Zaster, I enjoyed the ride today too. It was cool to meet some new people. Thanks for the compliment!  chug

'99 Ducati 996S #048-Gone but not forgotten
'07 Triumph Speed Triple
'05 GSXR 1000
DucMouse the Mighty
At least the smartess part of my body is my

« Reply #711 on: June 22, 2009, 07:43:18 AM »

Punx just made his appearance and is already underway.  It is storming here again but looked a little clearer to the south, the direction that he headed off.  He is planning to make it to Cortez tonight.  That's alot of riding.  Godspeed and safe riding!

Arrival:

Southside Johnny's:

And back in the saddle:

looks like that wind screen is doing ya some good there punx  waytogo

looks like fun....

Correction: Aztec.  And by god I made it.  About 11:30 when I stumbled through the door.

Thanks for lunch Bonfy! next one's on me.

Also, I had texted anyone I had numbers for about this already but, here's my report on the ride between durango and Ouray:

make the beast with two backsING AWESOME! Lots of tar snakes coming up from durango to about half way up the first pass... after that, smooth new pavement.  Not new since last season, but it's just as good as new and the local drivers are used to it so they don't cut the turns and throw gravel onto the road now.  Great riding.  Ouray is going to be a blast.

thx for the update i can wait for DITR  [moto]  im ready and pumped....

spankin™

Copy. Calibration error = humidity, altitude, attitude to tutu, distraction from tutu, stereotype naked rat bikes, human error due to heat, tutu and jealousy!
Punx Clever
It never got strange enough for my

« Reply #712 on: June 22, 2009, 01:56:28 PM »

looks like that wind screen is doing ya some good there punx  waytogo

looks like fun....

thx for the update i can wait for DITR  [moto]  im ready and pumped....

The wind screen already has about 2k more miles on it.  waytogo I feel like it makes a HUGE difference on the long rides.  No difference really in twisties or around town though.

Second update on ouray:  Molass coming out (IE up the hill) from silverton to durango is scary.  One turn that would otherwise lead you to believe that it was time to drag knees has a grove gouged out of the center about four feet long and the exact width of a front tire, in addition to other bumps and holes.

Zaster's turn now has a dirt road coming off the apex where he landed last year.  No more soft landings.

Also... pictures from last weekend! Went to visit a friend in Moab, and spend the second day riding and hiking.  Mostly hiking.  Hit ouray on the way back.

Main street moab: camera phone doesn't do good pictures... same excuse for the rest.

La Sal loop road, looking down on Castle Rock

End of a dirt road that I decided to take a look at.  Dual sporting the monster.

Another lake along the hiking trail that led from the end of the dirt road.

Sideways picture... the tall mountain across from the one I decided to climb.  I was about half way up the mountain at this point, the rest of the mountain was that same crushed granite as in the bottom (left) of the picture.  Kinda sucked.

Top of the mountain looking down on Moab.  Found out when I got home that it was about 11000ft.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 01:59:51 PM by Punx Clever » Logged

2008 S2R 1000 - Archangel

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.  - HST
kingbaby

« Reply #713 on: June 22, 2009, 02:04:11 PM »

If those are cam. phone pix, I want that phone. 

Jealous (not for the phone), wish I was there.

I promise to make better mistakes tomorrow.
bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

The Blue Flame 2008 695 Monster Controlled Folly

« Reply #714 on: June 22, 2009, 09:00:08 PM »

They were all gorgeous.   That second one in particular from La Sal Loop Rd needs to go on my calendar of places to visit.  It just needs to go on a calendar, period.

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
Kawboy

« Reply #715 on: June 23, 2009, 10:30:18 AM »

They were all gorgeous.   That second one in particular from La Sal Loop Rd needs to go on my calendar of places to visit.  It just needs to go on a calendar, period.

Your calendar getting pretty full.  You're going to have to start checking some of them off to make room for more.   laughingdp waytogo

Grear pics Punx.  I was up in that area in the beginning of June.  Didn't take the Ls Sal loop road, though.  Wasn't on my bike either  . . .   Cry

A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advise.   (Bill Cosby)
DucMouse the Mighty

« Reply #716 on: June 23, 2009, 10:50:32 AM »

spankin! looks fun...

it is a beautiful place...we drive throught that way going to Or

spankin™

Copy. Calibration error = humidity, altitude, attitude to tutu, distraction from tutu, stereotype naked rat bikes, human error due to heat, tutu and jealousy!
Punx Clever
It never got strange enough for my

« Reply #717 on: June 23, 2009, 12:59:09 PM »

Grear pics Punx.  I was up in that area in the beginning of June.  Didn't take the Ls Sal loop road, though.  Wasn't on my bike either  . . .   Cry

It's some good scenery, but it's a 25-30 mph road in all the twisty parts... and not cause a sign said so.  Just a good calm ride to check out nature.

2008 S2R 1000 - Archangel

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.  - HST
DucMouse the Mighty

« Reply #718 on: June 26, 2009, 06:17:16 AM »

this weekend, anyone?

i get new rubber tonite so i wana play....

i ahve a dentist appt around 1045 but i can anytime after that  waytogo

sunday we doing the coffee shop? weather premitting...looks like its uppose to be a little cooler that day

ok maybe a small ride, think i tore a tendon yesterday playing golf...and im dying at work
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 06:38:11 AM by DucMouse » Logged

spankin™

Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

« Reply #719 on: June 28, 2009, 07:13:31 PM »

Missed all the weekend action, just got back tonight. Sad
Didn't know you play golf, mousey Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 306   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: