Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

June 27, 2024, 12:49:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 306   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's riding this weekend?  (Read 507114 times)
Cloner
Nah...I ain't no stinkin'

....because a mind is a terrible thing......

« Reply #780 on: July 06, 2009, 05:24:37 AM »

I didn't see anybody do anything that upset me at all, yesterday.  Ninja guy was cool, but I figure if I wanna go faster than you I'll pass ya, and if you wanna go faster than I'm going you're welcome to pass.  I'm usually happy riding at a slower pace than my "ideal" (about 75% with plenty of reserve) one because I'm actually just out to enjoy the ride and I enjoy watching others ride, and I know that I can wick well above my "ideal", too, should I choose.  I generally don't twist the throttle heavily on the straights just so that those who wanna go faster have an opportunity to pass safely if they choose to do so.

The guy (Chris) on the Triumph Tiger was a good example.  He was dressed well and passed both me and Craig on the way down the hill and seemed happy at his pace.  He made some passes on cars I wouldn't have made, but his passes of both Craig and me were safe and clean, both on the gas in the short straights between hairpins above the ski area.  I figure anybody that passes on the gas is doing it the safest way possible. 

The guys that worry me are a@@holes who pass on the brakes in set-up zones .... you know .... the ones who often take  out other riders because they aren't really faster, they're just willing to ride WFO on the straights.  The tards who think we're racing because they're giving 105% of their meager abilities to hold what we consider a moderate pace, but don't have the racing background to at least show other riders a wheel to let them know what's coming.

That's one thing I like about riding with this group.  I've never seen any of you make an ill-advised pass on another motorcycle.  BTW, when I see one of you do something I consider dangerous to someone else I'll be bending your ear.  I expect the same of you, please.  For instance, I know I have a tendency to ride quite close to other motorcycles sometimes, a habit born of racing.  If you're uncomfortable with close proximity riding, then let me know and I'll intentionally give you more room.

If you don't wanna be singled out, then don't do anything stupid!  I REFUSE to ride with people I consider dangerous, and I like you guys.

Never appeal to a man's "better nature."  He may not have one.  Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage.  R.A. Heinlein

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'67 Aermacchi/HD Sprint SS (race bike)
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'03 Ducati 800 SS (race bike)
'04 KTM 450 EXC
'08 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (race bike)
DucMouse the Mighty
At least the smartess part of my body is my

« Reply #781 on: July 06, 2009, 05:53:05 AM »

applause well put cloner...

i can tell that ride close to people. but when ur behind me, but i dont feel uncomfortable at all... i feel that u know what ur doing.....ur not going to crash us out popcorn

spankin™

Copy. Calibration error = humidity, altitude, attitude to tutu, distraction from tutu, stereotype naked rat bikes, human error due to heat, tutu and jealousy!
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

2007 S4RS (sold) , 2008 1098S (sold), 2013 1199R,

« Reply #782 on: July 06, 2009, 03:11:15 PM »

Thanks for watching out for us Cloner[thumbsup]
That is what makes this a great group of people to ride
and learn with.  [moto]
Diavolo

« Reply #783 on: July 06, 2009, 04:35:49 PM »

I went last weekend...  July 3, between storms.  Thought I would share some scenes.

These two were taken 6 seconds apart

« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 04:37:30 PM by Diavolo » Logged
kingbaby

« Reply #784 on: July 06, 2009, 06:35:42 PM »

Those are some of the best shots I've seen of the mountain.  Maybe we should start a thread of just Crest photos.
Then again we have an official picture thread that no one uses anymore...regardless,  Love them  waytogo

I promise to make better mistakes tomorrow.
NinjaHarHar
« Reply #785 on: July 08, 2009, 04:23:14 PM »

I did like the guy on the ninja 250 he put his right blinker on, pulled to the right and all but stopped when Zaster passed him.

That was me   Cool

I hate being held up on that road, so I always let faster guys pass safely by allowing them to share the lane in a safe spot.   bow down I always see some sketchy riding/driving on that road.  I usually prefer to go earlier before the morons come out but that day didn't allow it. Plus I have to go early to beat traffic because I don't have the HP to pass people until the passing zones!!!    laughingdp    bacon  I pulled over as soon as I saw you coming because I've seen you guys out there before and know you ride faster than I do.  Damn, the only people that don't ride that road faster than I do are dudes on cruisers!  laughingdp
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 04:39:23 PM by NinjaHarHar » Logged
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

« Reply #786 on: July 08, 2009, 05:56:20 PM »

That was me   Cool

I hate being held up on that road, so I always let faster guys pass safely by allowing them to share the lane in a safe spot.   bow down I always see some sketchy riding/driving on that road.  I usually prefer to go earlier before the morons come out but that day didn't allow it. Plus I have to go early to beat traffic because I don't have the HP to pass people until the passing zones!!!    laughingdp    bacon  I pulled over as soon as I saw you coming because I've seen you guys out there before and know you ride faster than I do.  Damn, the only people that don't ride that road faster than I do are dudes on cruisers!  laughingdp
Was good seeing you up there  waytogo for the record, Cloner and HP where pushing me or
I would have never passed you since I'm an older guy taking it very easy Grin
dusty
« Reply #787 on: July 08, 2009, 07:48:00 PM »

welcome, bandito!
Il bandito di corsa
Hello to all

« Reply #788 on: July 08, 2009, 07:53:36 PM »

I must say these are amazing!!! Hello to all! I just moved to ABQ and caugt wind of the site... So how great is this "crest road"?

Hope to meet some great peeps
Cloner
Nah...I ain't no stinkin'

....because a mind is a terrible thing......

« Reply #789 on: July 09, 2009, 03:01:22 AM »

I must say these are amazing!!! Hello to all! I just moved to ABQ and caugt wind of the site... So how great is this "crest road"?

Let's meet up Saturday so you can find out.  Need directions to Coffee at Dawn?  Get on I-40 east and get off at exit 175.  The exit splits, you'll stay on the left to get onto Turquoise Trail (NM 14) toward Cedar Crest.  You'll go a few miles and pass a Chevron station on you left.  Another mile or so and you'll see Coffee at Dawn on the left.

About 9:00 OK with you?

Never appeal to a man's "better nature."  He may not have one.  Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage.  R.A. Heinlein

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'67 Aermacchi/HD Sprint SS (race bike)
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'03 Ducati 800 SS (race bike)
'04 KTM 450 EXC
'08 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (race bike)
NinjaHarHar
« Reply #790 on: July 09, 2009, 03:34:06 AM »

Riiiiiiiiiiiggggggggghhhhht....I swear officer they were only pushing me to do it!  Grin Grin Grin
DucMouse the Mighty

« Reply #791 on: July 09, 2009, 05:14:46 AM »

Was good seeing you up there  waytogo for the record, Cloner and HP where pushing me or

laughingdp pushing  waytogo

Spanktastic sir  Grin

Let's meet up Saturday so you can find out.  Need directions to Coffee at Dawn?  Get on I-40 east and get off at exit 175.  The exit splits, you'll stay on the left to get onto Turquoise Trail (NM 14) toward Cedar Crest.  You'll go a few miles and pass a Chevron station on you left.  Another mile or so and you'll see Coffee at Dawn on the left.

About 9:00 OK with you?

im down i ahve no plans and weather premitting  Roll Eyes cause im a pussy  laughingdp

but it looks nice...nice at dawn it is  [moto]

spankin™

Copy. Calibration error = humidity, altitude, attitude to tutu, distraction from tutu, stereotype naked rat bikes, human error due to heat, tutu and jealousy!
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

« Reply #792 on: July 09, 2009, 04:41:13 PM »

"Hope to meet some great peeps"
That you will ....and welcome to ABQ Cheesy
Il bandito di corsa
Hello to all

« Reply #793 on: July 09, 2009, 04:42:09 PM »

I will try to make it up there  Smiley Thank you for the invite

Hope to meet some great peeps
DucMouse the Mighty

« Reply #794 on: July 10, 2009, 05:16:48 AM »

ok i am ready  Grin

got my bike all serviced and better and he is feeling great  [moto]

lets tear it up guys  Evil

spankin™

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 306   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: