Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

June 15, 2024, 01:04:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 306   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's riding this weekend?  (Read 500266 times)
kingbaby

« Reply #90 on: July 27, 2008, 03:05:32 PM »

Hey Zaster, it was great hooking up with you this morning. 
 I was heading north with the other Hooligans, when my new, very cool integrated tail light / signals kit decided to cook itself.  No turn signals ?  no prob.  no lighting & high chance of rain ?  ... naaaa.
I do rememeber those cats flyin up the hill when we were coming down.  Bad things can happen to any of us.
 But, #1 Ride within ____ .
#2 WEAR YOUR F'N GEAR !!!

On a happier note.

The camera is working great now.  Still recording in around 80% or so speed. But we were riding into the sun, and it was still focusing very quickly.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 03:10:49 PM by kingbaby » Logged

I promise to make better mistakes tomorrow.
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

2007 S4RS (sold) , 2008 1098S (sold), 2013 1199R,

« Reply #91 on: July 27, 2008, 03:28:13 PM »

Kingbaby,
Great video shots..
Doesn't it look like I'm  leaning my head and shoulders the wrong way into the turn, away from the corner instead of "kissing the corner"  Huh?
Need to do more track practice, any advice would be greatly appreciated.. had a blast [moto]

bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

The Blue Flame 2008 695 Monster Controlled Folly

« Reply #92 on: July 27, 2008, 03:33:13 PM »

popcorn

applause

Looked awesome to me!  I have been trying to visualize how to get off the seat and get the kneedrop going myself.  I can pop my knees and get my chin over the handgrip, but I can't seem to make my butt actually leave the saddle.  I need to break the saddle barrior and get under the bike. 

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

« Reply #93 on: July 27, 2008, 03:38:22 PM »

popcorn

applause

Looked awesome to me!  I have been trying to visualize how to get off the seat and get the kneedrop going myself.  I can pop my knees and get my chin over the handgrip, but I can't seem to make my butt actually leave the saddle.  I need to break the saddle barrior and get under the bike. 
If you teach me the 'chin over the handgrip' I'll teach you the butt slide Grin
P.S.: How was your ride?
ducducgooseme

Same ole DesmoDevil, in a more gentle package

« Reply #94 on: July 27, 2008, 08:18:37 PM »

hey kingbaby..how did you get that first shot?  was the camera on vid or did you do somehow switch it to take stills during the ride?

If you love your bike, set it free.
If it comes back to you, you've
probably high-sided.
bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

« Reply #95 on: July 27, 2008, 10:56:32 PM »

If you teach me the 'chin over the handgrip' I'll teach you the butt slide Grin
P.S.: How was your ride?

My ride never materialized.  It turned out to be a pipe dream.  cheeky  I set my alarm wrong and got a late start so just played catchup and watched Nascar today.  I did a 2 hour hike up Embudo Canyon later and enjoyed a beautiful sunset.

I have a big trip coming up next weekend that I need to save every micrometer of rubber for to make it there  and back without splitting a seam.  Those gravel roads in Colorado caused my tires some premature aging.  I'll probably just do a little around-town riding to keep the seat warm.   

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
kingbaby

« Reply #96 on: July 28, 2008, 06:24:07 AM »

hey kingbaby..how did you get that first shot?  was the camera on vid or did you do somehow switch it to take stills during the ride?
When you turn on the power it's default setting is still shots, one more click of the power button is every 5 sec shots, one more & its video.
You can change the setting if you want it to always take video when you turn the power on..  Also remember to check your setting for auto shut off timer. 
I have mine for 120sec.  If its not a high# you're trying to take vid with the power off.  I will power off & on every once in a while just to make sure.  Crest road for example.  Trial & error baby.  Just don't forget you still have to ride your bike. 

I promise to make better mistakes tomorrow.
Punx Clever
It never got strange enough for my

« Reply #97 on: July 29, 2008, 07:33:28 AM »

So I went to Salt Lake City last weekend... going to Twin Falls Idaho this weekend.  Going up 550 from Aztec to Ridgeway then back down by telluride and over La Sal to moab then up.  Any takers for the first part of the ride?

2008 S2R 1000 - Archangel

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.  - HST
ducducgooseme

Same ole DesmoDevil, in a more gentle package

« Reply #98 on: July 29, 2008, 07:46:34 AM »

So I went to Salt Lake City last weekend... going to Twin Falls Idaho this weekend.  Going up 550 from Aztec to Ridgeway then back down by telluride and over La Sal to moab then up.  Any takers for the first part of the ride?

Yep!  When ya going?  So you are talking through Ouray, etc?

If you love your bike, set it free.
If it comes back to you, you've
probably high-sided.
Punx Clever
It never got strange enough for my

« Reply #99 on: July 29, 2008, 07:51:37 AM »

Friday afternoon-ish.  Lighting off from Aztec at about 6 pm (get off work at 5).  And yeah, up over red mountain etc to ouray then ridgeway.

EDIT: Here's the ride http://tiny.cc/twinride

« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 09:26:18 AM by Punx Clever » Logged

2008 S2R 1000 - Archangel

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.  - HST
JJ

RED DEVIL PROPELLED WITH LOUD DESMO~~FIRE~~

« Reply #100 on: July 29, 2008, 05:33:56 PM »

Kingbaby,
Great video shots..
Doesn't it look like I'm  leaning my head and shoulders the wrong way into the turn, away from the corner instead of "kissing the corner"  Huh?
Need to do more track practice, any advice would be greatly appreciated.. had a blast [moto]

Great video! Thanks K! & Zaster, I thought you ride like a bullet...how come he caught you the video?

On your riding, I have been following "kiss the mirror" principle...but mostly keeping upper frame very relaxed lets your body swing by the wrist right & left including the butt, pivoting points being totally the toe ball! Works easier on the superbikes I guess since those seats are not designed to rest! Smiley I manage to swing across my 600+ pound cast iron 1972 Water Buffalo and get some sparks off the exhaust sometimes...

Recently, I managed to get literally beside the Duc and it looked like we were going parallel to the same place!

I'm crazy, you ride excellent! I miss the crest...Don't ever leave NM!

JJ

Ride forever...
bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

« Reply #101 on: July 29, 2008, 06:16:10 PM »

Ummmmmm...Desmo Fire....I like that. 

I'd have really enjoyed seeing you hang off your yak.  Already watched you perform rope tricks on your duc.  Awesome riding.  Makes me nostalgic for the old days.   laughingdp

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

« Reply #102 on: July 29, 2008, 06:18:38 PM »

Hey JJ,
Great to hear from you waytogo
I'm no match for Kingbaby, rumor has it he entered this world on a motorcycle Grin and he is a great teacher.
I do appreciate the pointers from a fellow rider which shows that we do look out for each other.
Now that Kingbaby and DDGM both have cameras mounted on their bikes you might be able to
talk them into sending you film clips from your favorite rides for old time sakes. [moto]
About leaving NM, I made the decision a long time ago that I'm going to hang around here.
Stay in touch..
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 06:28:30 PM by Zaster » Logged
JJ

« Reply #103 on: July 29, 2008, 06:38:45 PM »

Ummmmmm...Desmo Fire....I like that. 

I'd have really enjoyed seeing you hang off your yak.  Already watched you perform rope tricks on your duc.  Awesome riding.  Makes me nostalgic for the old days.   laughingdp

Thanks! I promise, I'll come announced and we'll do a good session in NM sometime! Nice to see pictures Bonfy...Your Land cruiser looks way too cool!

Ride forever...
JJ

« Reply #104 on: July 29, 2008, 06:43:18 PM »

Hey JJ,
Great to hear from you waytogo
I'm no match for Kingbaby, rumor has it he entered this world on a motorcycle Grin and he is a great teacher.
I do appreciate the pointers from a fellow rider which shows that we do look out for each other.
Now that Kingbaby and DDGM both have cameras mounted on their bikes you might be able to
talk them into sending you film clips from your favorite rides for old time sakes. [moto]
About leaving NM, I made the decision a long time ago that I'm going to hang around here.
Stay in touch..

Sure, Kingbaby has done the disappearing act on me too!  waytogo

Should ask DDGM for T-shirts too...keep forgetting! I plan to visit NM with the bike again...

Ride forever...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 306   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: