Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 28, 2024, 03:37:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 306   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's riding this weekend?  (Read 535037 times)
Cloner
Nah...I ain't no stinkin'

....because a mind is a terrible thing......

« Reply #960 on: September 06, 2009, 07:13:19 PM »

I'd like to make it. I unfortunately won't be on the Duc. It doesn't have a front tire at the moment.

Were you out today, Craig?  I saw a white Speedtriple, but I didn't think it was you.  In any case, sorry we missed you.

It actually turned out to be a nice day.  After Karl left I was hanging out and Ed showed up, so I took a ride up to the Crest again with him and Don (a new guy on an '86 GSXR...I love those).  The second trip it was completely dry and much more fun than the partially wet version.

After than I hung out some more and chatted a while with Ed, Mark, and Colin about various stuff....then I cruised home and watched races, which I shan't  spoil here...damnit.

As to tomorrow, I'm probably out.  I promised Ashley we'd do breakfast one day this weekend, and since tomorrow is the only day left I guess I'm in for a homemade breakfast.  If you guys ride, please be careful.

Never appeal to a man's "better nature."  He may not have one.  Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage.  R.A. Heinlein

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'67 Aermacchi/HD Sprint SS (race bike)
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'03 Ducati 800 SS (race bike)
'04 KTM 450 EXC
'08 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (race bike)
JJ

RED DEVIL PROPELLED WITH LOUD DESMO~~FIRE~~

« Reply #961 on: September 06, 2009, 08:20:45 PM »

Planning to ride throgh Jemez loop tomorrow (Monday) route 4 from Santa Fe...anyone interested pls post up by tomorrow morning.... Flexible...planning abt 9 or so from santa fe weather permitting...cheers!!!

Ride forever...
Cloner

« Reply #962 on: September 07, 2009, 04:13:59 AM »

Planning to ride throgh Jemez loop tomorrow (Monday) route 4 from Santa Fe...anyone interested pls post up by tomorrow morning.... Flexible...planning abt 9 or so from santa fe weather permitting...cheers!!!

Wish I could, JJ.  Too much to do, and not enough time.  Maybe next weekend?

Never appeal to a man's "better nature."  He may not have one.  Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage.  R.A. Heinlein

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'04 KTM 450 EXC
JJ

« Reply #963 on: September 08, 2009, 08:20:37 AM »

It was a blast to meet JJ and follow him down from the crest once.  Another excellent rider-member of the HDH.  I don't know where you guys found all of these folks who are so fun to ride with, but I thank my luck stars I fell in with this group.  Thanks for the fun, JJ, Ed, and Karl.  Sorry we missed you, Ducmouse.  You would definitely have had fun, today!
waytogo

Great riding weekend! Did Jemez yesterday up and down route 4. Lot of crap on some turns plus light SNOW before Valle Grande!!! Post Valle Grande to the Jemez Springs/Pueblo, (my favorite set of curves) where the twisties come and go like a song...Had an awesome time!

On Saturday, had a great time with Cloner and Zaster riding crest. I must say I'm super impressed by Cloner's skill, he managed to stick by the 1098 on the crest like a red tail with 80HP disadvantage!!! Thank you for the tips and I'm looking forward to more rides with you and the Desmo PACK! Crest is so much FUN as always...Need new tires, all meat and bones seems to have vanished...scared to death in rain! Cry

Ride forever...
bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

The Blue Flame 2008 695 Monster Controlled Folly

« Reply #964 on: September 08, 2009, 01:41:21 PM »

I'm coming down tomorrow and will be taking 17 from Antonito to Chama, then down 84 to Espanola and into Bernallio.  If anyone needs to get in some miles, feel free to ride north to meet me.  I'll keep my eye peeled for potential gangsta's.  My plan is to be to Scottish's by 3:30 so calculate backwards, probably be travelling through northern New Mexico noonish.  I have to pick up KRJ's shirt.  Lance plans to horn in on Zozobra's action.  The Paladin just turned 20K last night.  Needs another set of sprockets and oil change so I'm going to hit up PJ's for the parts and utilize Scottish's garage and talent for labor.  Our dealership in the Springs just merged with Harley so I'm out.  Will be using PJ's or Denver exclusively from this point forward.

P.S.  Above plan is contingent on the weather.  We're getting hammered right now by a cracking thunder and lightning storm.  If it's supposed to be clear in the AM, I'm taking off.  Lance is calling me out for being skeered of a little lightning.   He needs to get some mustard off his right wing and knows the only way is riding in a three-hour rain storm... 

PM me for my cell number  Shocked Shocked Shocked if you think you might need it.

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

« Reply #965 on: September 09, 2009, 03:30:43 AM »

Well, the universe is conspiring against me.  While I was laying out my fabulous plans last night, the angels were screaming with laughter.  My trip is not meant to be so Zozobra will have to handle all the gloom himself.  Poor old Lance is sulking, but he will be there in spirit. 

Take a breather, Hurricane Fred!

KRJ, don't give up on the shirt!  Going to Plan B now, but I have to get in touch with Dusty before the weekend to dial it in. 

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
JJ

« Reply #966 on: September 09, 2009, 06:59:17 AM »

Bonfy!!! We should do a ride soon to raise toast to fun riding again...Hope Kawboy submarine surfaces soon...Nice to hear from ya!

Ride forever...
bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

« Reply #967 on: September 09, 2009, 10:22:20 AM »

I know!  I'm so glad you are back in Santa Fe!  Now we can get in more than the annual Fudge Run.  I was talking to Kawboy this morning and he said he need's to make at least one more trip up here before the snow flies.  You guys need to coodinate and let me know.  My humble abode awaits.  And bring some of the other outlaws....the more the merrier.   [moto]

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
Cloner

« Reply #968 on: September 09, 2009, 10:24:32 AM »

Sounds like fun.  Lemme know the intended days of travel so I can see if I can get some time off, if needed.

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'04 KTM 450 EXC
bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

« Reply #969 on: September 09, 2009, 10:57:10 AM »

Yea!!!   applause  Hear that, guys?  That's one more!  The DOGs, well, KRJ, at least, want to get in another group ride before winter, so we should arrange a meet-up halfway. 

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
JJ

« Reply #970 on: September 11, 2009, 06:43:29 AM »

Alright Gents and Ladies, what this weekend? Still have some meat left in the rear tire to do some twisties...Crest, High roads to Taos, Eagles Nest, 64 from Tierra Amarilla to Taos, Black lake-Mora-Angel Fire, Ideas?  [moto]

Ride forever...
DucMouse the Mighty
At least the smartess part of my body is my

« Reply #971 on: September 11, 2009, 06:51:20 AM »

Alright Gents and Ladies, what this weekend? Still have some meat left in the rear tire to do some twisties...Crest, High roads to Taos, Eagles Nest, 64 from Tierra Amarilla to Taos, Black lake-Mora-Angel Fire, Ideas?  [moto]

depending on weather but i know that tommorow some of us are going early to the sandia classic moto show

spankin™

Copy. Calibration error = humidity, altitude, attitude to tutu, distraction from tutu, stereotype naked rat bikes, human error due to heat, tutu and jealousy!
dusty
« Reply #972 on: September 11, 2009, 07:07:18 AM »

Yes we will be Sandia Classicing it tomorrow and it is supposed to be rainy.  So if you ride north tomorrow be sure to take rain gear.  If not it would be fun if you could join any of us.  And that goes for any of you out there.  Grin  Zaster? Are you in town?

Also, I know there is still one certain person we still owe a beer.   Undecided

« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 07:11:19 AM by dusty » Logged
DucMouse the Mighty
At least the smartess part of my body is my

« Reply #973 on: September 11, 2009, 07:21:31 AM »

ya but he never comes around....  Tongue

looks like i wont be at the show til later...have a dentisit appt at 11

and it will be nawhile cause there putting m,ore brackets on....so i wont be there til close to 1 or after

spankin™

Copy. Calibration error = humidity, altitude, attitude to tutu, distraction from tutu, stereotype naked rat bikes, human error due to heat, tutu and jealousy!
JJ

« Reply #974 on: September 11, 2009, 07:36:05 AM »

depending on weather but i know that tommorow some of us are going early to the sandia classic moto show

Details please on Sandia Classic...Would love to visit and maybe get lucky on couple of Crest loops...Rain! Evil Thanks!

Ride forever...
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 306   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: