Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 26, 2024, 08:07:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 306   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's riding this weekend?  (Read 534386 times)
DucDog
Medium Rare

Voices!....Do you hear voices?

« Reply #1365 on: April 24, 2010, 07:19:00 PM »

I'll be at CAD on Sunday Morning and ready to ride somewhere....  anywhere......       

What time do you think that you will arrive?     Grin

In the afternoon, I plan to watch Cloner flog his "precious" at Sandia Raceway.    applause   
Earplugs might be useful gear for that scene!....    I'll watch carefully to see when Cloner pushes the Nitrous button on the straights!!....

---Anything worth doing.... is worth over doing!....
---How will you know if you've gone too far, unless you actually go there!.......
Duck-Stew

« Reply #1366 on: April 24, 2010, 07:39:33 PM »

I too will be blowing...er...happily spending my Sunday afternoon spectating a certain larger individual pilot an older Italian / American machine around a modified parking lot...

See you there!

Bike-less Portuguese immigrant enjoying life.
kingbaby

« Reply #1367 on: April 25, 2010, 04:05:32 AM »

I'll be headed that way after class (Noonish).

I promise to make better mistakes tomorrow.
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

2007 S4RS (sold) , 2008 1098S (sold), 2013 1199R,

« Reply #1368 on: April 25, 2010, 04:14:06 AM »

I'll be at CAD on Sunday Morning and ready to ride somewhere....  anywhere......       

What time do you think that you will arrive?     Grin

In the afternoon, I plan to watch Cloner flog his "precious" at Sandia Raceway.    applause   
Earplugs might be useful gear for that scene!....    I'll watch carefully to see when Cloner pushes the Nitrous button on the straights!!....

I'll plan to be there around ten and head over to the raceway later on [moto]
Scottish
Balls!

That's thinkin' with your dipstick Jimmy!

« Reply #1369 on: April 25, 2010, 04:23:53 AM »

Tongue I'll be at work by ten... prolly until ten tonight. 3 toubles in a row BUT I officially have my bid in for manager. I did tell our regional guy that the days I don't have Alyssa I'd be willing to work whatever hours they ask. Cool

You can thank a soldier today, just click the link...
http://www.letssaythanks.com/Home1024.html
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

« Reply #1370 on: April 25, 2010, 04:55:20 AM »

Tongue I'll be at work by ten... prolly until ten tonight. 3 toubles in a row BUT I officially have my bid in for manager. I did tell our regional guy that the days I don't have Alyssa I'd be willing to work whatever hours they ask. Cool
Sweet.....congrats waytogo
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

« Reply #1371 on: April 25, 2010, 02:09:21 PM »

Was nice to see my fellow NMMR's and to ride S14 with some new folks waytogo
Enjoyed the action at the race track with my racing hero Cloner.....got to see Matt, Keith and I also finally got to meet Stew.  applause
Plumbers Crack
Crack Kills

« Reply #1372 on: April 25, 2010, 02:23:53 PM »

Good to see you.. Zaster.. ;-)

Yes I'll be by soon to get the cooler.. This has been my only day off and I figured I had too go run a corner.. ;-)

I'll see u soon zaster..

M

Sorry I don't have a censor button.. I Speak whats on my mind.
DucMouse the Mighty
At least the smartess part of my body is my

« Reply #1373 on: April 25, 2010, 02:24:43 PM »

I saw u Karl , but by the. I was already in the ambulance headed back to my corner....

It was good to some of guys and will have post my videos I got....

Tons of fun! Can't wait to get myself out there

spankin™

Copy. Calibration error = humidity, altitude, attitude to tutu, distraction from tutu, stereotype naked rat bikes, human error due to heat, tutu and jealousy!
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

« Reply #1374 on: April 25, 2010, 02:37:58 PM »

I saw u Karl , but by the. I was already in the ambulance headed back to my corner....

It was good to some of guys and will have post my videos I got....

Tons of fun! Can't wait to get myself out there
Sorry I missed you....hope the rider was OK...
We have got to do a track day before it gets too hot....enjoyed the racing action waytogo
Cloner
Nah...I ain't no stinkin'

....because a mind is a terrible thing......

« Reply #1375 on: April 25, 2010, 05:17:22 PM »

I can't thank all of you enough for coming out to support me in my efforts to become a better rider (and to have TONS of fun!).  Stew was first on the scene after Krystle and Matt, so I thank him first.  He was quickly followed by KB, Ed, Zaster, and Adam, so thanks to each of you, too!  Thanks for the assistance in the rejet.  I should have followed your advice, Stew, and gone to the 190 jet, but I'll get to that in a minute.

The reason I skipped Krystle and Matt is that I'd like to extend an EXTRA SPECIAL thank you to you guys!  Without corner workers nobody gets to race, so not only did you come out to cheer a bit, but you actually made all of the racers' day possible by volunteering to come out and stand a post.  You guys are the best.  Thanks for taking a few pics and video, too.  I can't tell you how flattered I am that you thought enough of my meager skills to shoot video of me.  You're both TOPS in my book.

As to results, I only ran two races today and I seemed to fight with the tuning on the old Aermacchi as much as I rode it.  I began this saga with a 230 main jet and the needle clip in its highest groove.  I started today wiht a 210 main jet and the needle in the third groove (the third of five).  During the first race (lightweight vintage...a class for which my Aermacchi is outmatched, anyway), the bike spat and sputtered each time I got anywhere near the top end, making for a rather embarrassing outing at best. 

After examining the spark plug we figured the bike was REALLY rich, so we jumped down a jet size and moved the needle to its present setting and got ready for the second race.  That race was a grid of five, with a pair of 175 Yamaha two strokes, a Ducati 250, a BSA 250, and me.  The two Yamahas jumped out to an early lead but I could sorta hold on to them from third place.  The Ducati stumbled a bit off the line, so I had a pretty good shot at a decent finish.  About three laps in one of the Yamahas retired just in front of me.  I spoke with him later and he said he thought it was too lean, as it had never run that well and he didn't want to seize it.  That made me feel pretty good, because I felt like I was reeling him in before he retired.  The second lap was my best time at nearly 1:13 flat, which is dead slow on my Ducati, but with this underpowered bike it nearly met my expectations of 1:10.  From there, the bike got hotter, and the rich jetting made itself apparent in a lack of pull through 6 and on the front straight, but at least it didn't stumble like it did in the first race.  My lap times steadily degraded into the 1:14s, then 1:15s, and finally a 1:16 to finish the race.  The Ducati caught and passed me about two feet from the start finish to take the checkers, so I figure if I had listened to Stew I'd have popped off a second place.  DRAT!  Oh well....I guess third isn't so bad in a field composed of real racers!   Wink

On a good note, the bike handled flawlessly and the one time I got it to break traction at the rear it was completely predictable and easy to control.  The melted right side of the tire bears testament that the old girl may not pull very well, but she can hold her own in the corners.  That's pretty cool for 43 year old hardware in my book!

Thanks, again, to everybody who came out to support me.  I know I'm pretty, but you didn't have to come all that way to look at me....so thanks!   bow down  For those of you who didn't make it, say thirty five Hail Scottys and thirty five Our Daddys and we'll call it even.   Grin

Cloner
ABQ, NM
SMRI #250

Never appeal to a man's "better nature."  He may not have one.  Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage.  R.A. Heinlein

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'67 Aermacchi/HD Sprint SS (race bike)
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'03 Ducati 800 SS (race bike)
'04 KTM 450 EXC
'08 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (race bike)
MotoKaw636

Thats how cows do it!

« Reply #1376 on: April 25, 2010, 06:09:14 PM »

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for making my first time out to the track awesome! I had a lot of fun watching the races and hanging out! Its nice to meet some really good people and see some familiar faces! Thanks Carl for befriending me and letting me into your circle of good people and friends! Now that I've meet everyone I look forward to rinding and the weekends can't come fast enough! hahaha! Thanks all!   MotoKaw636 (Adam)

MotoKaw636
Duck-Stew

« Reply #1377 on: April 25, 2010, 06:56:22 PM »

Scott, although KB & I's recommendation of the 190 main jet may have been right...  There is definitely something to be said for gradual steps forward...

Was awesome to see the old gal run, wish I couldve stayed longer...

Great to meet all of you!!!  See you soon, Stu

Bike-less Portuguese immigrant enjoying life.
Cloner
Nah...I ain't no stinkin'

....because a mind is a terrible thing......

« Reply #1378 on: April 26, 2010, 04:24:59 AM »

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for making my first time out to the track awesome! I had a lot of fun watching the races and hanging out! Its nice to meet some really good people and see some familiar faces! Thanks Carl for befriending me and letting me into your circle of good people and friends! Now that I've meet everyone I look forward to rinding and the weekends can't come fast enough! hahaha! Thanks all!   MotoKaw636 (Adam)

I'm very thankful that you could come out, Adam.  Welcome to the group (again....I think I've said that before, but just in case....).  I look forward to riding with you in the coming weeks and months.  I know what you mean about the weekends not coming fast enough.  I wish it was Friday already, but I know it's only Monday.  I might cry.  Damnit.   bang head

Never appeal to a man's "better nature."  He may not have one.  Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage.  R.A. Heinlein

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'67 Aermacchi/HD Sprint SS (race bike)
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'03 Ducati 800 SS (race bike)
'04 KTM 450 EXC
'08 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (race bike)
MotoKaw636

Thats how cows do it!

« Reply #1379 on: April 26, 2010, 06:28:40 AM »

I'm very thankful that you could come out, Adam.  Welcome to the group (again....I think I've said that before, but just in case....).  I look forward to riding with you in the coming weeks and months.  I know what you mean about the weekends not coming fast enough.  I wish it was Friday already, but I know it's only Monday.  I might cry.  Damnit.   bang head

Wish Carl and I had stayed for your last race! Let me know the next time u go and I'll be there to cheer u on! [moto] applause

MotoKaw636
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 306   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: