Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

June 22, 2024, 03:08:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 306   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's riding this weekend?  (Read 503194 times)
DucMouse the Mighty
At least the smartess part of my body is my

« Reply #2880 on: August 08, 2011, 06:05:30 AM »

Well..I tried to go for a ride today Roll Eyes
Took my S4RS to put it through it's paces after getting a fork seal replacement
and a new front tire before she makes the Ouray trip. I only made it 1/3 of the way
up the Crest before the bike decided to quit on me...no electricity. My cell phone had no reception
at that spot so I decided to coast down the mountain in hope of a good signal.
Funny thing is, I had to hit the brakes due to some of the slow moving cages in front of me. Grin
I made it to the Shell gas station without engine power and called Pam to bring some tools.
My thoughts were that it had to be a charging issue since a similar thing happened
in Bernallilo before I replaced the battery. I charged the battery at home in hope that it
would allow me to start the bike and bring it home. No go...turns out that I fried the voltage regulator/rectifier
which blew the main fuse...hence no electricity.
Thanks go out to Jim DeBlois for offering to forego his Jemez ride to trailer me home and to Ed for rescuing me for a second time
and bringing my bike to Scott who volunteered his expertise to fix it.
The moral of this story: Ducatis are not the most reliable things in life, but my friends sure are waytogo
Thanks again guys Wink

glad to hear the guys were around to help  waytogo i call scott when he said you guys were over there...hopefully all is well now and ready to  Dolph

well if all goes well and i get everything done on the bike i plan to maybe make a toodle up the crest thursday morning if anyone wants to join me  Dolph

spankin™

Copy. Calibration error = humidity, altitude, attitude to tutu, distraction from tutu, stereotype naked rat bikes, human error due to heat, tutu and jealousy!
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

2007 S4RS (sold) , 2008 1098S (sold), 2013 1199R,

« Reply #2881 on: August 08, 2011, 10:54:42 AM »

Sorry, Karl! Was it the charging last time as well or did the battery need replacement? Glad it is fixed though.. waytogo You can buzz me, have my little trailer ready to run always...Sits on West side ABQ.

Are you bringing the S4RS to Ouray & not the 1098?!  Sad
Thanks for the generous offer JJ.
I believe it was a failing regulator all along the caused me to get stranded twice.
When it finally burned out yesterday it blew the main fuse, hence no power.
I'll be riding the 1098S and wanted to have the S4RS ready in case Stew needed it.

JJ

RED DEVIL PROPELLED WITH LOUD DESMO~~FIRE~~

« Reply #2882 on: August 08, 2011, 11:36:40 AM »

I believe it was a failing regulator all along the caused me to get stranded twice.
When it finally burned out yesterday it blew the main fuse, hence no power.
I'll be riding the 1098S and wanted to have the S4RS ready in case Stew needed it.
That sucks! Darn, could have saved that battery cost! Does it show a fault code at least? Or does the fuse blow everything on display?! Sounds a bit scary...Was always counting on reliability. Should we all carry a fuse now? Huh?

Glad you are bringing the beastly 1098s, may we should repeat our last years steam engine shoot and set it a mark higher...? Dolph

Ride forever...
kingbaby

« Reply #2883 on: August 08, 2011, 12:59:35 PM »

JJ, Your bike actually had a recall for your VINs regulator & was replaced. So far, luckily, my list consisted of only a battery tray.  Karl's was a random (I hate that damn word) thing. Remember, These & all are nothing more than rolling implosions like any other gas motorized vehicle. Aint nothin' but bolts holding together fuel vs. fire.  KABOOM!

Seems like no matter what you carry with you, It's always something else that breaks  bang head

Everyone, Please ride safe this weekend & have a BLAST.

Make sure DDGM gets a good hazing. For what, I don't know, but, he deserves it.   And after, when he cries, he loves to spoon.  Kiss          Make up sex is the best

I promise to make better mistakes tomorrow.
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

« Reply #2884 on: August 08, 2011, 04:14:23 PM »

That sucks! Darn, could have saved that battery cost! Does it show a fault code at least? Or does the fuse blow everything on display?! Sounds a bit scary...Was always counting on reliability. Should we all carry a fuse now? Huh?

Glad you are bringing the beastly 1098s, may we should repeat our last years steam engine shoot and set it a mark higher...? Dolph
If it's only the regulator a bit more than a c-note will fix it. The battery was 4 years old and was close to the end of it's natural lifespan.
The main fuse blowing was a good thing which protected other electronic components from getting
damaged during the regulator failure (fuse worked as designed). Since it was the main fuse, there will be no power past the battery hence no display.
It wouldn't hurt to have a 30 Amp and 5 Amp spare fuse with you, since there are spare 10 Amp and 20 Amp fuses in your fuse box.
I guess they should have had a recall on the S4RS regulator as well.
DonJuanDucati

« Reply #2885 on: August 18, 2011, 12:04:07 AM »

So who's going up the crest with me? I think I'll be doing a Sunday morning ride.  Dolph

I feel rusty in the corners after a month away, I need more practice than usual.  Grin
Cloner
Nah...I ain't no stinkin'

....because a mind is a terrible thing......

« Reply #2886 on: August 18, 2011, 06:05:52 AM »

I need to be at the airport by 8:00 Sunday, so I guess I'm out.  I'm sure you'll have no problem finding willing accomplices, though.  Just watch out for  Police....he's everywhere!

Never appeal to a man's "better nature."  He may not have one.  Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage.  R.A. Heinlein

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'67 Aermacchi/HD Sprint SS (race bike)
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'03 Ducati 800 SS (race bike)
'04 KTM 450 EXC
'08 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (race bike)
DonJuanDucati

« Reply #2887 on: August 18, 2011, 07:53:59 AM »

F the PO-LEESE!  Evil
Zaster
Only Pam can touch my

« Reply #2888 on: August 18, 2011, 10:42:03 AM »

I'm in  Dolph
JJ

RED DEVIL PROPELLED WITH LOUD DESMO~~FIRE~~

« Reply #2889 on: August 18, 2011, 10:43:40 AM »

I'm in  Dolph

Need to clean the chain and since my tire is in a "use while any meat lasts on the ends", you may run into me as well...! Dolph

Ride forever...
NFJ79

« Reply #2890 on: August 18, 2011, 11:39:46 AM »

New parts come in tomorrow.  I'm a maybe.

2005 Ducati Monster S2R 800 Dark
DonJuanDucati

« Reply #2891 on: August 18, 2011, 11:59:44 AM »

I think I may plan to do an early AM run tomorrow too if anyone is down.

Edit: and by tomorrow I really mean Saturday, because I'm a failure at keeping track of what day it is.  bang head
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 12:40:02 PM by DonJuanDucati » Logged
Axel

« Reply #2892 on: August 18, 2011, 02:36:39 PM »

I'm in for Sunday  Grin

Marco

Bikes in the stable:
'99 900ss
'03 ST4s
'09 XL1200
"Man - despite his artistic pretensions, his sophistication, & his many accomplishments - still owes his existence to a six inch layer of topsoil & the fact that it rains".... Anonym
DonJuanDucati

« Reply #2893 on: August 18, 2011, 04:35:42 PM »

I'll be at CAD at 0800 both Sat and Sun.  Dolph
cb_abq

« Reply #2894 on: August 18, 2011, 05:23:52 PM »

New parts come in tomorrow.  I'm a maybe.

Glad to hear your bike is on the mend, buddy!

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

2015 Ducati Scrambler Icon -- The best bike ever made.
2010 Triumph Street Triple R -- SOLD
2009 Triumph Thruxton -- SOLD
1971 Honda CB175

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 306   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: