Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 26, 2024, 12:11:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SoCO DOG Official Club  (Read 2369 times)
bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

The Blue Flame 2008 695 Monster Controlled Folly

« on: July 21, 2010, 05:23:27 PM »

I started the process of getting our club officially recognized a couple weeks ago.  Just some back and forth emails with the Ducati point of contact that takes care of that. 
Here is what she asked for: 
First, I need some information on the club.  When it was formed, how many members, how it is structured (traditional, corporation, non-profit, etc) what dealer/dealers supports it, that sort of thing. Any photos you have of club activities are helpful and finally please include info on the sort of events you have done and have upcoming.

So Christy, if you have any notes on when the club originally formed and how it is structured, let me know.  I was stopped in my tracks when I realized I was going to have to go Pikes Peak Motorsports to ask for sponsorship.  I think someone else may be better suited for that, seeing how vocal I have been over the Harley Davidson merger. 

At any rate, everyone who isn't already on the email distribution list should pm me with their desire to be in the club so I can give those numbers to Vickie.    I can defintely provide photos of the club events.   laughingdp

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
J_Slyter

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 07:09:46 PM »

Ugghh, if PPMS is our club sponsor, I'll have to find a new club.  vomit
bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 07:46:22 PM »

I concur.  I am going to call her and ask just how necessary it is to have local shop ties.  I don't think they get it how very offensive it is to many of us. 

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
KRJ

'07 MTS 1100S , '03 XR650L , '78 KZ 1000

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 02:31:41 AM »

Good Morning Everyone, I've got to agree that I also disagree with the PPMS sponsor, I wish I had the coin to buy them out and start a new shop. Hire back the Guys from the old shop. No fun being financially challenged...

" I believe You understand what You think I said, but I'm not sure You realize that what You heard is not what I meant " !!
J_Slyter

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 04:54:34 AM »

Like they say..."The quickest way to $1 Mil, in the motorcycle business is to start with $2 Mil.  Maybe even $3 to $4 million in this economy.

KRJ

'07 MTS 1100S , '03 XR650L , '78 KZ 1000

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 07:36:39 AM »

applause, No doubt, I myself am a positive example of the "buy high, sell low" concept of business.

" I believe You understand what You think I said, but I'm not sure You realize that what You heard is not what I meant " !!
kingbaby

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 07:42:10 AM »

If you guys hate the dealership so much, just can the club & go ride. The only reason Ducati does this is to draw people to said dealer. I hate to hear that you don't have a "mom & pop" shop that you want to support. So, Make a name, make a shirt, support a shop by telling people about it who want to talk about your bike.  And most important, RIDE your bikes.  More miles = More smiles  

Lead the troops to battle, Bonfy, you are a great leader, & could never picture you as a follower.  

Hell, We still don't have a red dot on the club map south of the border. DDGM tried, now I have been working on it since mid Jan.  bang head
I dig my dealership, but all this for a sticker & a pin....WTF

I promise to make better mistakes tomorrow.
bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2010, 09:19:15 AM »

Right on, KB!   Grin

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: