Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 25, 2024, 01:44:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Two AWESOME yellow labs (in Atlanta) need a good home  (Read 2915 times)
Stella

« on: July 27, 2010, 05:23:37 AM »

Well this board is certainly not very active!   Wink    Posting this anyway, thanks!

A VERY DEAR friend has moved from Atlanta to Uganda to be a missionary.   Her 2 Yellow Labs are staying with her mother until a new home can be found for them.  They are exceptionally well-behaved, loving dogs!   (What lab isn't?!)

I am posting this to see if you – or someone you know – might be able to give them the home they deserve.  Staci’s brother will help deliver them as will several others who have mentioned interest in helping to relocate them.  Below is a write-up from Staci about her beloved boys so you have a little more information about them. 

These yellow labs  are sweet, loving dogs.... great companions.  Love to walk (a little out of shape, but they do love it), love to play catch and will bring the tennis ball back (won't run much at all outside in the heat, but will chase a ball inside the house and love it).  They are loyal and sweet, great with kids, very obedient (my niece has been able to control them since she was 3.... at 6, she still gets them to do whatever she wants.... lays over them, plays with them, makes them sit and lie down - easy).  If I wasn't moving out of the country, there would be no way that I'd sell them or give them away!!  I've had them their whole life and love them dearly!!! I Need to make sure they go to a great home that will allow their last years to be at least equal to, if not more, comfortable and more fun
than my life with them !  J 

Here is some of their info.
They are litter mates, and 8 this year (as of 6 July).
They need to stay together in the same home.
Sebastian is in great health, weighs about 109 lbs and up-to-date on all shots etc.
Finley weighs about 104 lbs and up-to-date on all shots etc.
Finley is on thyroid medication and seizure medication
Seizure meds make him "starving", so he can't have access to food sources in between meals (like a paper dog food bag being left on the floor that he could chew through)
Thyroid meds have been fine and he's lost weight appropriately
Both boys have measured food and they eat twice a day (every 12 hours) so Finley can get his meds every 12 hours... as really needs it regularly
They require indoor/outdoor access (dog door or regular times being let out of the house)
They cannot be left outside during the day in the heat because Finley does not need to get overheated (meds/seizures)
They are good to be left inside, but may need some breaks because Finley's medicines make him thirsty - so he drinks A LOT and therefore has to go potty often
Finley - never had any accidents and sleeps inside 8-10 hours per night without issue (but he's also not awake during those hours and drinking much at all)
Best to be in a home with a fenced yard and dog door, as they do love to go out periodically and just hang out/walk the yard.
They love to ride in the car.., and really are just happy-go-lucky dogs who love everything and everybody

If you're interested and believe you can offer them LOTS OF LOVE, security and meet their needs noted above, please PM me and I can connect you to their "mom"/my friend.

Thank you for your consideration and/or passing this along to help find them a good home!   

"To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites." ~ Robert Heinlein
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: