Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 30, 2024, 12:32:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: People you work with.....that dont ride  (Read 7923 times)
SacDuc

WWSDD?

« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2010, 12:09:32 PM »

This pretty well sums up how I feel about golf:

Falling Down: "Golfing"

Grin

HATERS GONNA HATE.
ChrisH

« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2010, 12:46:52 PM »

Guess I'm lucky. My manager bought a hyper motard 1100s and a multistrada 1200s from The same dealer I bought my 696 from. One of the other supervisors on my team rides and builds Honda choppers, and one of the guys I manage rides and builds sportster choppers. 

2010 Monster 696
2005 Honda Ruckus
1985 Honda Spree
-Austin Texas-
lethe
Post Whore

« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2010, 12:53:30 PM »

Couple riders in my office, one guy has a Triumph Sprint and the other has a Fat Boy but used to own a Paso years ago.

'05 Monster 620
'86 FZ600
'05 KTM SMC 625
Veloce-Fino
Wiggle-Jiggle

Bike sold - But I'm still lurking.

« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2010, 01:04:05 PM »

Grin

Hahahah I love it, so accurate about my feelings.

Is this thing on?
Triple J
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2010, 01:38:28 PM »

Grin

Great movie!  waytogo
Preisker

« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2010, 10:02:37 AM »

Several of the guys I work with ride, but ones RC51 hasn't been started in months, if not at least a full year, a CBR600RR hasn't been started in a year, at least, the big twin guys don't ride to work any more (it's too cold, it's only 70 degrees, we can't ride), another just sold his 954, one is about to buy his first bike, a CRF or YZ250, and I seem to be the only guy riding to work every day.   Last week, I spent $7.00 on gas.  My truck would have been $30 or $40. 

I've always thought that if you can't die while doing it, it's not a real sport. 
FastAndLight

« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2010, 02:25:16 PM »

None of my coworkers ride.  In fact, I work for one of the least ride friendly employers in this country, the United States Air Force.  I can't even begin to count how many times I have had someone "senior" to me tell how much of a bad idea it was to ride a motorcycle.  Well, I recently moved into a new area, and new workplace and have gotten stuck on staff duty (HOORAY!!).  We were sitting through the three star's staff meeting this afternoon when the conversation topic changed to the dreaded 101 critical days of summer, which we are halfway through.  Well, turns out some one had commissioned a research project to determine the most likely way for other service members to punch that big ticket, and what do you suppose the result was?  That's right, motorcycles.  At this point, said three star looks around the room and states "I sure hope I don't have anyone on my staff who rides motorcycles.  Does anyone here ride?".  Two people turn and look straight at me, so I tell him that I do, knowing what is about to come.  His response didn't surprise, nor disappoint.  He looks me dead in the eye and says "Son, I want you to give that up before you hurt yourself".  I thanked him for his concern and waved at him later as I got on the bike and rode home. 

So yea...  I love my job...    

As a Marine I almost feel your pain. I mean, really, we still have the war in Afghanistan to keep our casualty numbers high enough to cover the motorcycles, but we still have the required training and all of the other BS.  My Marines love that I ride, or maybe they just like seeing the boss get soaked in the afternoon thunderstorms. A bunch of people I work with ride. I even convinced one of the guys I was in Iraq with to get a Ducati with the money from his next deployment.  Regardless, it seems like the Air Force needs something to busy itself with. If you are interested I'm sure there are a few FOBs in Afghanistan you all could run security for if you were really interested.  Grin
DRKWNG
« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2010, 01:48:37 AM »

Regardless, it seems like the Air Force needs something to busy itself with. If you are interested I'm sure there are a few FOBs in Afghanistan you all could run security for if you were really interested.  Grin

Let's not play that game, ok?  There is a pretty good chance my boots are a touch dirtier than yours...   Roll Eyes
FastAndLight

« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2010, 02:27:19 AM »

Let's not play that game, ok?  There is a pretty good chance my boots are a touch dirtier than yours...   Roll Eyes

I'm not getting into a dick measuring contest here, I was speaking on the service levels. 

Statistics from last year for both Iraq and Afghanistan:

The Marine Corps (including the Reserves) makes up 10.8% of the total DOD force, but experienced 23.3% (867) of the combat related deaths.
The Air Force (including Air National Guard and Reserves) comprises 21.5% of the total DOD force, and experienced 1.1% (40) of the total casualties.
DRKWNG
« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2010, 02:42:04 AM »

Yea, I'll give you that.  Statistically speaking, AF members normally stay well within the wire and enjoy the comforts of their tasty frozen latte. 

I don't fall within that statistic.   Evil
FastAndLight

« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2010, 03:03:27 AM »

Yea, I'll give you that.  Statistically speaking, AF members normally stay well within the wire and enjoy the comforts of their tasty frozen latte. 

I don't fall within that statistic.   Evil

Mmmm lattes. Anyway, one of my best friends married a PJ, I know some of you have your fun.   waytogo
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: