Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 16, 2024, 07:58:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: She still whispers: "Ride me, please"  (Read 1650 times)
canoncrazy

See ya

« on: August 09, 2010, 03:32:06 PM »

Though 3/4 of her rear rubber was unevenly worn by the prior owner, no offense Morgan, Slingshot still calls to me each time I am downstairs or near the garage. It seems like I have all but begged on this dmf.org to have some company, making it 10 months since I have owned and ridden 1200 more miles on the still virgin body of my beautiful 1098 alone. I am having Motocorsa apply some new shoes to the hot pregnant dog in my garage, then riding her well into the fall. Anyone up to provide a throaty harmonic support along narrow canyon roads, please keep in touch. I will be celebrating my short summer, not free of weird work hours but indeed less reading and books dangling, starting on Aug 16. 
Look forward to the five weeks (hopefully 1000 miles, avg 80 mph).
Chris
MendoDave
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 06:17:24 PM »

Well If you are planning on coming down here, then yea.
canoncrazy

See ya

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 08:13:03 PM »

Q2 tires on and ready. a lil harder and lil more slippery. im ok with that. kinda like the squirreling as it bucks and rejects a reduction in speed prior to a hard right. motorcorsa said to pretty much go balls out when i picked her up saturday afternoon. thought that was odd but not like i was going to argue, it was in the mid-90's. i was only slightly cautious of the new compound and though the break-in period was immediately and completely ignored, i experienced very lil loss of grip around the corners and noticed the harder compound seemed a bit faster. i will have to test them some more this next sunday/monday. if anyone is free monday, would like to go for a nice long ride.
canoncrazy

See ya

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 06:27:22 AM »

Well If you are planning on coming down here, then yea.
Where is "here?"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: