Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 17, 2024, 07:14:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please Help

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone want to do some moto help for a few masochistic cyclists?  (Read 1916 times)
duckwrench13

This thing sounds broken...

« on: August 11, 2010, 10:21:29 AM »

Hey gang,

Here's the quick 'n dirty... It's a 127 mile route, from SF to CSUMB, and there should be at least 4-6 of us riding. Oh, right, I'm talking about bicycles, not motos. But that doesn't mean you kids aren't welcome to come along! You get to sleep late (unlike us), enjoy your coffee coffee & breakfast, catch up with us at points along the way and watch us suffer. vomit Here's the one minor catch... We'd like you to carry a few things along with you. I'll have a very small bag prepared for each rider, that will consist of some snack stuffs, a bottle, or similar items.

The ride ends at my friend Steve's place. He's an uber food, beer & coffee aficionado, so you can pretty much count on good grub at the end of the day!

I've mapped out our route, but feel free to take whatever routes you like.
http://beta.mapmyride.com/route/detail/21285430/

No date has been set yet. Ideally, we'd like to do this before October. I'm still working on the last few logistical items, and getting everyone's schedules figured out.
Kick it around and let me know what you think!

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Gettin' blow'd up sucks!
Combat Veteran, Operation Enduring Freedom, Afghanistan 2006-2007
mostrobelle

1994 M900, in red, of course...

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 10:26:54 AM »

I'm assuming that this is going to take about 6 hours of you guys actually riding so the moto person would basically be riding off and on for a good portion of the day? 

94,500 miles...05/22/15
duckwrench13

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 10:39:17 AM »

My initial idea was since the bike route is primarily along our moto playgrounds, the likelihood of some MOBers being out 'n about would be fairly high. I figured why not merge the two, and make an interestingly different day for everyone?  I'm not trying to tie any one person down to a support role, but rather trying to coordinate the two riding groups to contact at different points along the way. As far as any motos, whatever they want to do between meeting up is entirely up to them.

There's enough of us here that bike & moto, so I thought it might be a fun way to bring it all together. waytogo

Gettin' blow'd up sucks!
mostrobelle

1994 M900, in red, of course...

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 10:51:59 AM »

Not a bad idea at all.  I'm not sure what my schedule is like in the future--so far it's just been "busy".  However, I might be able to arrange a stop during a ride to help you out.  Sorry that I can't commit to anything. 

One thing you might consider doing is altering your route a tad to run into Mr.Incredible and Somegirl's place in Pescadero.  They've got the baby now, and I'm not sure how much that impacts your ride distance and difficulty, but maybe it could come together for ya there. 

94,500 miles...05/22/15
Michael Moore
Testa di cazzo
WebGeeK

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 11:21:48 AM »

I might be up for it, depending on the date. I could ride the Vespa, which is a) quiet and b) can hold tons of stuff.  I could do some photography during the "down" time.

La nuova moto e il vecchio motociclista :: 2000 Monster 900 (il vecchio) :: 2008 Vespa GTS (doppio) :: 2010 Streetfighter S ("il PastaBusa")

duckwrench13

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 11:23:53 AM »

I've got Pescadero marked for food, water, etc. I'd forgotten about the "La sede centrale di pancetta e verdure" compound. Looks like I need to add that!

MM, that would be super cool! Heck, you could write it off as a Strava project! waytogo

Gettin' blow'd up sucks!
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 12:14:36 PM »

We are actually in Loma Mar, 8 miles rolling hills inland from Pescadero, beautiful riding.  Just let us know.

For a little change of scenery from highway 1 I'd recommend taking Stage Rd. from just north of 84 down to Pescadero. From Pescadero I'd recommend Cloverdale / Gazos Creek back out to 1 S.   Gives you a nice break from the traffic and wind on 1 (although hopefully you will have a tailwind going south).  Bean Hollow road is another option from Pescadero to 1 S and that is nice if you want to stop by Pigeon Point lighthouse (porta potties and water available there).

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
Popeye the Sailor
For $50 you can touch my
Post Whore

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2010, 09:16:31 AM »

I'd be willing to help out with some of the southern half, depending on when you might be doing this. The r100gs does have plenty of storage.

If the state had not cut funding for the mental institutions, this project could never have happened.
sugarcrook

Facultative Carnivore

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2010, 05:50:18 PM »

I'm also game to help out depending on when.  Loads of space on the K12GT. 

2013 BMW R1200R
2008 BMW K1200GT (Traded)
2007 Ducati Monster 695 (Sold)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: