Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 09:57:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: is huntington beach a good place to live?  (Read 6284 times)
erkishhorde

« on: June 08, 2008, 09:09:22 AM »

Time to start looking for a place to live. Gonna be working in Irvine but I also wanna be able to go visit the girl in Torrance. I remember some of the beach cities not being friendly towards non-stock bikes but I can't remember if Huntington Beach is one of them.

ErkZ NOT in SLO w/ his '95 m900!
The end is in sight! Gotta buckle down and get to work!
Gibbs

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 09:10:41 AM »

I like it its a fun place
gm2

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 09:31:32 AM »

Time to start looking for a place to live. Gonna be working in Irvine but I also wanna be able to go visit the girl in Torrance. I remember some of the beach cities not being friendly towards non-stock bikes but I can't remember if Huntington Beach is one of them.

it probably is one of those places.  but i wouldn't call it not a nice place to live because of that.

Like this is the racing, no?
evoasis

I lost my Titanium Member

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 10:05:49 AM »

HBPD = Bike Nazi's.. Fountain Valley is just inland from hb (where I'm at) and is much better and usually cheaper to live in.

I guess there are good and bad mods; you'll find the good ones here Wink
Bad Dog

Be Careful out there, Folks !

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2008, 11:53:36 AM »

Erik,

HB is big, wide, flat and highly occupied by true Red Necks
.....huge Bike population, as well....all types.
AFAIC all Beach Bordering towns in SoCal posess an Enforcement Battalion out to bust any Non-US-Made-Bike rider.
However, in HB you are just one of thousands on two wheels.

waytogo

Let us know what you are looking for, as far as a place to rent.

.....BD
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 12:01:08 PM by Bad Dog » Logged

'01 Monster S4,  '00 996S, '07 1098,  B2's '06 GSXR 1000,  '68 Norton 750 Commando Fastback
hbliam
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2008, 02:27:01 PM »

HB is a great place to live, don't know what BD is talking about with the red neck crack. Let me know the areas you are looking at, and I'll point you in the right direction. HBPD isn't overly concerned with bikes any more then any other police force. Meaning: You go 100 on PCH and yes, you will get stopped. You lane split past a unit with your modified pipes and no, you probably won't. Fountain Valley is OK. I wouldn't say it's a "much better" place to live. It is cheaper because it's not HB and because it borders Santa Ana. The best thing about FV is... it's proximity to HB. Wink
v290rider

2005 Monster 620, 2007 Sport 1000S

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2008, 08:53:18 PM »

I lived in HB (two places) for quite a while and I was never hassled by the PD there.  I just took it easy and didn't act like an idiot.  FV is fine too, you really can't tell the difference between the two - west of the 405.  There's a big PD presence in HB, but there's also a lot of idiots - In my experience, unless you're being a moron, you're not going to get hassled.  On the weekends at night, I wouldn't recommend riding down Main Street / PCH.  Other than that - you should be cool...

HTH

If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it...
evoasis

I lost my Titanium Member

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2008, 09:46:08 PM »

If you ride down or around Main St., you'll most likely be pulled over if there's enough cops... But yeah, HB is a sexy place to live.

I guess there are good and bad mods; you'll find the good ones here Wink
darylbowden
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2008, 12:02:08 PM »

I grew up in Seal Beach (right next door to the north) and spent lots of time in HB.  HB is an absolutely great city to live in.  Yes, the cops are kinda hardcore with bikes, but no more than malibu or any other beach city. 

I also lived in Fountain Valley for a couple years - not nearly as nice (there's a reason it's cheaper).

If I could move back to HB/SB, I would in a second.
erkishhorde

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2008, 06:48:53 AM »

Thanks for the input guys. I'm rather a computer geek so I don't get out much. I just want somewhere that's doesn't look really run down, is safe to park my stuff on the street, and has "stuff" relatively nearby. By stuff I mean that if I do feel like going out I don't have to go 20 miles to go to a nice restaurant. Some boba and pho nearby would be nice too.  Grin

ErkZ NOT in SLO w/ his '95 m900!
The end is in sight! Gotta buckle down and get to work!
lawbreaker

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2008, 10:21:53 AM »

HBPD = Bike Nazi's.. Fountain Valley is just inland from hb (where I'm at) and is much better and usually cheaper to live in.
+1.....

H.B is NOT moto-friendly..

Seal Beach is  very nice ( not sure about bike-friendly though)
lucazuma
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2008, 10:28:29 AM »

+1.....

...hey! thought you were going to make it "for sure" at IBN like 2 weeks ago...got worried you might have been cought law-brakn'...
lawbreaker

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2008, 12:15:45 PM »

...hey! thought you were going to make it "for sure" at IBN like 2 weeks ago...got worried you might have been cought law-brakn'...

...<threadjack>..

work kept me from showing up.... I wasnt the one law-breakin!!..

But i'll be there ( schedule works out to my advantage) this Wed
hbliam
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2008, 06:14:23 PM »

+1.....

Huh? Never had a problem on a bike in twenty years of living in HB.

Seal Beach is very nice, more chance of getting hastled there as they have almost no crime to speak of...thus they do lots of traffic enforcement.
joekarati

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2008, 07:08:45 PM »

I went to HB once on my Monster and got pulled over.   Roll Eyes

There's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: