Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 14, 2024, 10:28:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bike servicing options SYD-BRISBANE-MEL-Adelaide  (Read 56979 times)
Paul W

« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2011, 10:17:59 PM »

So, talking servicing in Brisbane; apart from speedy moto and the old Ducati Brisbane (in Tennyson), what are the other options?
Not looking to spend $800 for a major service if I can help it.....
J5

I'm here to fix zee fridge

« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2011, 10:50:49 PM »

can you do some of it yourself ?

the more you can do yourself the cheaper it will be

i dont care if you have been a mechanic for 10 years doing something for a long time does not make you good at it, take my gf for an example shes been walking for 28 years and still manages to fall over all the time.
Paul W

« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2011, 07:42:27 PM »

Well I can do very basic stuff like oil and plugs of course, but I wonder at the actual figure?
Is $800 over the top for a major service (20k)Huh?
My last minor service was more like $160, and more like what I'd expect.  However, they are no longer in operation now, so the other choices are, well far more expensive.
Don't get me wrong; I am happy to pay good dollars for a good service, but that seems like overkill for a basic 2 valve service....
Betty

Uh-oh ... what's going on here?

« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2011, 08:48:11 PM »

I don't know if $800 is over the top or not ... but I wouldn't expect to pay less for a major service.

I am intrigued to know what you had done for $160 ... what would that get you: an hour's labour some oil and a filter maybe?

Believe post content at your own risk.
Paul W

« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2011, 09:10:49 PM »

yep that would pretty much of been it; was just a minor service really.
J5

I'm here to fix zee fridge

« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2011, 09:54:18 PM »

most of the major service is labour cost

if you can do the basics yourself and just get the stuff done that you cant handle

belts valve clearances

even as far as taking off the belt covers as this is labour

shouldnt be more than a couple of hours or so + parts

i dont care if you have been a mechanic for 10 years doing something for a long time does not make you good at it, take my gf for an example shes been walking for 28 years and still manages to fall over all the time.
girly

« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2011, 07:35:25 PM »

Hi

I haven't visited here for a while and just started looking again.  (So bear with me!)

Sorry if this is a silly question, but no-one in Melbourne has mentioned the dealership in Elizabeth st?  Is there a reason?
heatherp

« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2011, 08:25:35 PM »

Most people I know in Vic prefer to go to Brad.

No real horror stories about the dealership.  It's just that they are NFI! Which means if my bike needs a $2 bearing from the bearing shop I will have to wait 3 months and pay a lot more for a Ducati one from Italy.
loony888

"I WAS GOING HOW FAST, OFFICER?"

« Reply #68 on: June 04, 2011, 02:05:03 AM »

So, talking servicing in Brisbane; apart from speedy moto and the old Ducati Brisbane (in Tennyson), what are the other options?

well don't take it to tennyson then!

HERE AND NOW                      12 DIAVEL AMG
                                              93 888 RS
                                              09 1098R BAYLISS
                                              07 Husqvarna TE 450

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN        03 S4R       95 900SL
                                              01 S4         93 900M
                                              96 748SP
Paul W

« Reply #69 on: June 04, 2011, 08:02:07 PM »

Yeah thanks for that value add reply.
Queestce

Rocket Riding Rotary Renegade

« Reply #70 on: June 22, 2011, 09:52:05 PM »

I'm actually coming up on my 20k service too, and based in Brisneyland. I was told to take the bike to Speedy Moto, and that the best nearby Euro service outlets had recently closed down. I've never had to service a Duc before so I'm really not sure where's a safe option to take the bike. Has anyone had experience with Speedy Moto? The recommendation I got was glowing, but that's not always worth a lot! I have already done the belts myself and will do the oil/filters, plugs, and other general crap, but I'd prefer to leave the valve work and more in depth things to the pros. I'm planning to buy the DP Airbox to fit with the Termi's and DP ECU. When I get the 20k service done I was hoping to have the bike tuned to suit the new pipes and filter, it needs idle adjustment and I'm sure syncing etc. Does anyone happen to know is Speedy Moto has a dyno tuner? I'd love to have it dyno'd and tuned to purrfection. Hopefully if I can do a lot of the 20k work myself I can get everything done by the shop for less than 1k - although I have no idea what dynos cost having never had one done...
pju

« Reply #71 on: June 26, 2011, 02:18:07 AM »

From my experience a 20K service cost under $800 will be difficult. My service at eurotwins was $1500
He did do the drive chain, frint spricket and everything else, belts etc. very thorough job but not cheap and not sustainable as a long term proposition if you do more than ride it to a coffee shop for a pose  Grin

My bike has developed a strange whistling type noise and I too am wondering where the hell to take it in Brisy.
I am going to give speedy a go and see what happens. I believe they have a dyno as well.

I'll let you know what I think.

Queestce

Rocket Riding Rotary Renegade

« Reply #72 on: June 27, 2011, 12:54:50 AM »

From my experience a 20K service cost under $800 will be difficult. My service at eurotwins was $1500
He did do the drive chain, frint spricket and everything else, belts etc. very thorough job but not cheap and not sustainable as a long term proposition if you do more than ride it to a coffee shop for a pose  Grin

My bike has developed a strange whistling type noise and I too am wondering where the hell to take it in Brisy.
I am going to give speedy a go and see what happens. I believe they have a dyno as well.

I'll let you know what I think.

Mate have a look at this thread on another forum...

http://www.ducati.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32445

Someone helpful on here pointed me in that direction and there's lots of good info  Wink

If you do end up getting it done there, I'd love to hear any feedback about them!

Cheers,

Tom
buddy072

« Reply #73 on: June 27, 2011, 04:06:04 AM »

Hi all, has anyone got a preferred mechanic in the newcastle hunter area??

Cheers
monstermick58

« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2011, 11:48:00 PM »

Well I can do very basic stuff like oil and plugs of course, but I wonder at the actual figure?
Is $800 over the top for a major service (20k)Huh?
Don't get me wrong; I am happy to pay good dollars for a good service, but that seems like overkill for a basic 2 valve service....

Paul if you are after some 'how to do' information just look for our 'PDF Manuals' here in OzMo, er.. lets see if this link works http://www.ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=5365.0 you can find lots of useful stuff in here, also have a look in one of the folders that has ST2/3/4/4s as that also has general info which applies to Monsters.

Mmick

This won't hurt much.... Trust me......
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: