Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 03:51:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Count Desmo's Last Ride  (Read 18552 times)
IZ

TOB/DMF member since '02

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2008, 11:33:36 PM »

First I find out my brother bought an HHR and now this?! 

What next?! 

Huh? Huh? Huh?

2018 Scrambler 800 "Argento"
2010 Monster 1100 "Niro" 
2003 Monster 620 "Scuro"

This just in..IZ is not that short..and I am not that tall.
NAKID

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2008, 12:18:34 AM »

Jeremy, sorry to here about that. Didn't you JUST buy an S2R?

2005 S2R800
2006 S2R1000
2015 Monster 821
factorPlayer

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2008, 01:31:30 AM »

Wish you the best bro but have to say personally I couldn't disagree more.  I can understand making certain concessions to one's wife but giving up riding would be inconceivable to me.  Good luck.
printman

Check out my a.....

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2008, 02:11:53 AM »

Well it will be sad to see ya go, but only you know what needs to be done.  Sad

I was going to say how I'm glad about how my life is different or other comments, but they wouldn't even matter.

So, I'll leave it at, hope to see you return sooner than later  waytogo

I'll update this later at a convenient time Thank you for tuning in.....
gojira

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2008, 02:33:12 AM »

Living up to promises is a rare things these days. Thanks for sharing that rare moment. Best wishes in your time away from the rides. Godspeed  waytogo

TiNi
Post Whore

'05 620ie

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2008, 02:51:41 AM »

it's sad news, but  waytogo on making a decision that YOU think is a benefit to your family.

if we ever have a child, i'm not sure i'd keep riding either...

stop in and say hi
jerryz

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2008, 03:11:19 AM »

I am sorry to hear that , and I am certain it will not last ,you will regret it , also anyone who asked such a promise cannot really love you as you truly are. Sorry .....my mother asked a similar thing of my father years ago with boats and it turned him into a deeply bitter and unhappy person . My wife would never ask such a thing of me, we have been together 15 years ride together and our 9 year old daughter also rides with us.Mind you my work and life style are hazardous but my family accept me for what I am .

I wish you well and I hope you find another joyous passtime.
the_Journeyman

Molly & Syreena, the Italian mistresses

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2008, 04:01:42 AM »

It's nice to see someone putting what they feel is most important before their own wishes and wants.  That's very giving of you and your family will be the better for it and benefit from it.

That being said, I agree with the poster that said get dirt bikes and involve the whole family if you want a fun way to be in two wheels AND still enjoy that time with your family ~

JM

Got Torque?
ADULT TRUTHS

10. Bad decisions make good stories.
johnster

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2008, 04:30:58 AM »

As they say, "Ya gotta do what ya gotta do..." 

-My father used to be really into skydiving (I have gone a few times with him), and the exact same situation transpired.... He promised as my brother, sister, and I got older he would get out of it, and he did..

-He has snuck a few jumps in here and there (like when I went w/him), but had to give up a whiole lifestyle + group of friends because he made a pact that he would....

Do what you have to for now and be a father fist + foremost... Motorcycles + the good people who ride them aren't going anywhere, should you choose to return down the road when your kids are all grown up.... Smiley

-Good luck man....

2001 MS4; Full Termi w/airbox, ECU, SPS cams, CycleCat ClipOn Adapters, Apex clip-ons, CRG's, MW open clutch, Sargent Saddle, CF aplenty.. NOT RIDEABLE FOR A LONG TIME DUE TO MY STUPID LACK OF JUDGEMENT!!
Scottish
Balls!

That's thinkin' with your dipstick Jimmy!

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2008, 04:46:56 AM »

Cry

You can thank a soldier today, just click the link...
http://www.letssaythanks.com/Home1024.html
bigiain
Flounder-Administrator

« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2008, 04:51:59 AM »

I don't understand it, but I do respect it. Hope it works out for you. Just promise me that in 15 or 20 years time when you become a "born again biker" you'll get back on a beautiful Italian machine, not some Japanese appliance (or American ditch pump)  Wink

big

corey
Is that a throttle tube in your pocket? Or just your

'06 Tang/Black S2R800

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2008, 04:55:19 AM »

I totally understand. It's the same reason my brother won't get on one. He has two kids and a wife who depend on him entirely. He could never really enjoy riding with the thought of leaving them stranded if something were to happen. Best of luck man, maybe it's time to get that classic muscle car you've always wanted Grin

When all the land lays in ruin... And burnination has forsaken the countryside... Only one guy will remain... My money's on...
Count Desmo

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2008, 04:56:39 AM »

OMG  Cry

it has been great fun riding with u babe... we will certainly miss u

and im sure a group of us will be up there to harrass ya, and i would u would do the same

chug

maybe we can talk about of ur gear

Ditto!  My house is always open to everyone in the NMMR crew! Smiley
Count Desmo

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2008, 04:58:05 AM »

start riding offroad and involve the whole family!

This is a definite possibility in the future!
Count Desmo

MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2008, 05:06:33 AM »

I'd like to clarify that my wife isn't reading me the riot act over riding, nor is she demanding that I give it up.  She didn't give me an ultimatum.  I would probably respond diferently under those circumstances.

Her request is not based soley on safety concerns, though that is part of it.  My wife is a stay at home mother, so I'm the sole provider in our household.  I work in a fairly stressful job and spend a lot of time at the office.  Couple that with business trips and it doesn't leave as much time as I would like.  This is really about being more accessible to my family and spending more of my free time with my daughters.

2 years ago I would have been posting up what many of you have.  Even as a father then, I would have told you how I didn't understand the decision and told you that you would be back.  I'm in a different place now, and everything has shifted for me.

This is something I will do, something I will miss, and something I will stick to.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: