Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 12:29:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dealing With High Winds  (Read 6892 times)
red baron

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2008, 07:27:14 PM »

Yes.  Once riding in monsoon-like conditions with brand-new tires, I was hydroplaning so much that one giant gust of wind moved me over an entire lane! Shocked

(I can't really recommend this combination btw....)

eat Krispy Kremes. Grin

"I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations... James Madison
Gator

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2008, 07:45:16 AM »

In Auckland I used to have to cross the Harbor bridge everyday, msincredible summed it up well staying loose makes the biggest difference.
I used to find and pace a bus on gusty days, did the same thing in Sidney with big rigs the gusts there felt like they could blow you right off the bridge. 
Spider
Ozmonsters: degenerating nicely since 2008

I may be long, but I fold up nicely

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2008, 01:13:41 AM »

ah, I remember my first big bridge crossing....had it all planned, stay low to the tank, leave the arms loose, let the bike lean, stay in the middle lane....it was gusty down on the ground and I was pretty nervous but prepared!

found a nice 90's Jeep Cherokee (the square one) and had him marked as my shelter...

got to the top and it and it was like riding in the eye of a storm, deadly quiet....it was only when I hit land level again that the wind hit me. A bit disappointing actually!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: