Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

March 28, 2024, 05:15:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PAOLO PIROZZI - Giro del Mondo In 80 DOC - Coming to Miami & KeyWest in Nov 27/2  (Read 5433 times)
DesmoReynoso
09 Monster 696

Paint your reality....... Technicolor....

« on: October 09, 2010, 07:58:11 AM »

Has anybody heard of this? Is anybody following his trip?

He will be down in Miami/KeyWest and DucatiMiami & Ducati Owners Club of South Florida are planning a ride filled with activities down to Key West and back.

Anybody Interested?

http://www.paolopirozzi.com/it

http://www.ducati.com/around_the_wor...in_80_clubs.do

http://www.ducatimiami.com

http://www.facebook.com/ducatimiami

Details:

A dream come true: a Ducatista, a Multistrada 1200 and the support of the Ducati community for an awesome round-the-world trip.

Paolo Pirozzi, Chairman of the Ducati Dreams Club in Naples, has for many years dreamed of making a solo round-the-world trip on a Ducati.
Today, Ducati has finally made that dream come true. On 13th June, in fact, at World Ducati Week, Paolo began his long-awaited round-the-world adventure on a Ducati Multistrada 1200.

He calls it a flight and he is no stranger to this kind of experience. October 25th 2009, he has celebrated his first 300.000 km and he has already completed a Paris to Beijing tour, also on a Ducati, the old Multistrada 620, thanks to the Overland television programme.
Paolo has planned a 90,000 km route, which will take him from Europe to Russia, from Asia to Australia and then on to America and North Africa, ending up back in Borgo Panigale.
Ducati is supporting this young Ducatista providing him with a brand new Multistrada 1200 Touring Edition, but the Ducati Community is taking care of everything else. Official Ducati Owners Clubs around the world, infact, are preparing to welcome Paolo at various points during his journey.
Clubs all around the world will welcome him and celebrate each step of his journey, opening up their homes and offering their help in an amazing sense of community to make Paolo's ride as easy as possible.

Paolo's dream follows in the footsteps of many who have gone before him and that is precisely why he has decided to travel without the aid of satellite navigation. His will be a truly solo adventure, along the countless roads of the world in search of a passion, the one for Ducati, and for people who for him are synonymous with family.

Paolo is going solo on this incredible voyage but every Ducatista is with him in spirit.

If you find yourself calling others nasty names on the internet, step back and examine your life. - MeterPig

One man's dreams can be another man's reality, make the beast with two backsing deal with it! - Me
Latinbalar

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 02:59:14 PM »

Sounds cool and as long as it doesn't interrupt any family plans around Thanksgiving i don't see why this can't happen.

I live vicariously thru myself......
duccarlos

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 09:08:31 AM »

Yeah, this one will be tough if he's down here for Thanksgiving.

my keyboard just served me with paternity suit.
evocarti

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 10:56:57 AM »

Wow, it'd certainly be cool to ride out and meet this fellow.
Latinbalar

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 08:33:28 AM »

So I got an email from DOCSF and the date for his visit got pushed back.  There might be a big welcome to SoFla ride and then his B-day dinner at Panoretto (sp?) on the 29th. Might be as good as any to get together.

DesmoReynoso
09 Monster 696

Paint your reality....... Technicolor....

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 08:50:20 AM »

Yes, His schedule got pushed back and he is coming to Miami on the 29th. He will be at DucatiMiami during the day and we will have a ride around town and then at night we will all be at Pizza Pannaretto. Everyone is welcome to join!

If you find yourself calling others nasty names on the internet, step back and examine your life. - MeterPig

One man's dreams can be another man's reality, make the beast with two backsing deal with it! - Me
duccarlos

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2010, 05:12:38 PM »

I'll be at the pizza place. Vicki is selling t-shirts so that we can donate some $$$ for Paolo's fuel/tolls/etc. Those on the distro received an email about it. If you would like a t-shirt and you're not on signed up to the Google group, I'll post all the info here later this week.

duccarlos

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2010, 06:08:08 PM »

I'll be heading over tomorrow night.

Latinbalar

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2010, 06:58:46 PM »

i will be there too. Carlos I will see you there, save me a seat, if you can.

duccarlos

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2010, 05:03:02 AM »

I'll text you when I get going.

evocarti

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2010, 10:07:46 AM »

How was it?

I wanted to come out, but I spent my entire holiday break doing schoolwork. Projects due this week, finals next  coffee
duccarlos

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2010, 12:30:23 PM »

We hung out until around 10. It was ok. Paolo was cool and quite a few people were stealing the champagne they were using for mimosas. A few good looking chicks.

Latinbalar

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2010, 04:46:13 PM »

And you missed some awesome pizza.  And the chicks

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: