Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 26, 2024, 02:12:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please Help

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Forcefield "Pro" action shorts  (Read 9621 times)
danaid

« on: October 10, 2010, 08:35:45 PM »

After debating on many different riding short brands, I decided on these Forcefield brand shorts.

The fabric is very high quality stuff, with all the newest antimicrobial, sweat wicking goodness. The fabric is also very stretchy to fit all size of asses.  Wink   

Like most riding shorts, these also have very comfy buttock padding, but what sold me on this brand is that the pads are all CE rated to level 1.
  I gave them a 2 hour test ride today under a pair of jeans and the extra comfort from the buttock padding alone would justify the purchase for me, let alone the extra safety if I should take a tumble.
  The only negative comment I would give these shorts would be the small size of the thigh pad. As you can see from the picture, there is a lot of thigh left exposed, a few more inches in each direction would be perfect.

Well back to  drink   

Dan

11' 1198SP  Black
09' 1100S    Red
09'     696.   Red   first Ducati (sold)
leungevity

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 05:30:19 AM »

do you wear something else for knee armor?  or is this meant to just give padding in the cushioned areas?
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 05:44:01 AM »

Seems they have revamped their offerings. Before they offered shorts, and stirrup pants that covered more of the thigh and knees.  They are still for sale, I just don't see them listed on the T-Pro/Forcefield site

pants
http://www.kneedraggers.com/product/642536/T-Pro-Body-Armor-Forcefield-Pro-Pant

Shorts like that are mostly seen (by me) supplementing proper riding pants or a suit. Neither my leather pants or 1pc offer any hip padding of consequence. Nothing for the thighs or tailbone area.

Another item they offer is 'limb tubes' Basically pull over carriers that have their knee or elbow Armour that you can wear under something like jeans to offer impact protection. I've got a set for my knees that go with me under my kevlar jeans.

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
danaid

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 11:54:47 AM »

do you wear something else for knee armor?  or is this meant to just give padding in the cushioned areas?

Yuu said it correctly,^^^ I use them to supplement my proper riding pants.

There are also times that I just wear jeans for around town stuff. After riding with proper, padded, riding gear you tend to feel naked and more vulnerable without, this is also where these padded shorts, and knee pads really come in handy.

Seems they have revamped their offerings. Before they offered shorts, and stirrup pants that covered more of the thigh and knees.  They are still for sale, I just don't see them listed on the T-Pro/Forcefield site

pants
http://www.kneedraggers.com/product/642536/T-Pro-Body-Armor-Forcefield-Pro-Pant

Shorts like that are mostly seen (by me) supplementing proper riding pants or a suit. Neither my leather pants or 1pc offer any hip padding of consequence. Nothing for the thighs or tailbone area.

Another item they offer is 'limb tubes' Basically pull over carriers that have their knee or elbow Armour that you can wear under something like jeans to offer impact protection. I've got a set for my knees that go with me under my kevlar jeans.

I also have the knee tubes, they are also very well made.
After reading over their website, their tech seems legitimate. I may, after more research, replace some of the padding on my current gear ( foam hip pads)

11' 1198SP  Black
09' 1100S    Red
Slide Panda
Omnipotent Potentate
Post Whore

Personal Pretext

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 05:54:00 AM »

I also have the knee tubes, they are also very well made.
After reading over their website, their tech seems legitimate. I may, after more research, replace some of the padding on my current gear ( foam hip pads)
Some of the euro bike mags have done impact absorption tests over the years and the T-Pro stuff is always top tier if not first for transmitting the least impact energy

-Throttle's on the right, so are the brakes.  Good luck.
- '00 M900S with all the farkles
- '08 KTM 690 StupidMoto
- '07 Triumph 675 Track bike.
ab
ab

ab

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 09:20:07 PM »

I use forcefield back protectors.  One insert fir my dianese jacket and Ab external one.  I love both.  I use knee protector.  Have chicken legs and find the Velcro slips.  I returned the underarmour because it tore up (stitching) right in the groin area after 1 wear.  I am tempted to get another again Abd try my luck.

620M 2004 Dark i.e.; ~ 57K miles (all me);  Looking to swap out engine now.
Triumph Speed Triple 2006 (now ~ 44K miles bought @ 4K miles on 04/2010)
Honda Grom 2015 ~ 3500miles so far.  Love this lil bike
Charlief

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2010, 06:43:32 AM »

I have worn a pair of these shorts under my leathers for the last couple of years and love them. I also have the back pad in my leathers.

I'm thinking of picking up the leg tubes for under my jeans for street riding.

ab
ab

ab

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2012, 09:34:43 PM »

I ordered undergarment armor and the chest protector by forcefield armor from johnson leathers today in preparation for this season.  I can't really afford it but I can afford it better than the freakin hospital bill.  Will report back after using it.

http://www.johnsonleather.com/forcefield_undergarment_kit.htm

(i already use the back armor so I added this and hopefully it works out)
http://www.johnsonleather.com/forcefield_chest.htm

« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 09:46:19 PM by ab » Logged

ab
ab

ab

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2012, 08:23:04 PM »

Forcefield pro-shorts arrived.  this is the full length.  Test rode with it for a short ride.  Felt good on a cool day.  Felt bit hot.  A pregnant dog to put on but I guess that is to be expected.  I wore my forcefield tube knee armor on top of it as i don't think the knee armor with the pro short was enough.  Felt like it is slipping down a bit despite the strings to tie it.  I will have to ride with it more to get more details.  But it certainly is better than just wearing a jeans only for everyday ride.  I am betting this armor underneath will help out.

(bought the chest protector, not sure how to wear that yet)

zarn02

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2012, 10:05:23 PM »

I've been considering some sort of (armored?) compression shorts, to go under leathers. Picked up a full-body mesh undersuit, but would like something to keep the 'ol bits'n'pieces tucked in place.

(bought the chest protector, not sure how to wear that yet)

I've also been contemplating a chest protector, but I've no idea how I'd integrate the ones I've been seeing into my get-up. Seems like a good idea, but if I can't sort out how to really use it, then it's just money pissed away.

Also,

holy resurrected thread, Batman!

Also also,

The phrase "action shorts" makes my inner 7th-grader giggle.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 10:06:58 PM by zarn02 » Logged

"If it weren't for our gallows humor, we'd have nothing to hang our hopes on."
ab
ab

ab

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2012, 02:32:38 PM »

"action shorts". Ha ha ha. I guess in my mind I am still 7th grade or even less.

danaid

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2012, 08:02:54 PM »

holy resurrected thread, Batman!

Also also,

The phrase "action shorts" makes my inner 7th-grader giggle.

Smiley

I've put alot of miles on my action shorts and knee tubes, quality wise they have held up with no sign of wear!

The shorts are the best but I feel the thigh pads are too small and it should be placed more to the sides of the shorts.
 I wear the limb tubes out of necessity, the retention straps start to hurt in short time and I think the  knee pad is too small / short also.

I 've noticed the new 2012' Dainese padding are now a thin, soft, SAS-TEC style padding. I will be getting a pair of the new Dainese padded jeans this summer, which have the new thin armor and will probably be selling my force field gear.

I'm also looking for some chest armor, but it kinda seems like a pain in the ass putting on all the different layers. Too bad I don't need a new leather jacket, since most have a chest armor pocket or snap system, the gear companies are making it very easy to stay safe.

Dan
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 07:18:09 PM by danaid » Logged

11' 1198SP  Black
09' 1100S    Red
ab
ab

ab

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2012, 05:46:54 PM »

2nd day wearing.  Not too bad.  But I feel like it is sliding down :-(

What's the dianese pants you speak of?

danaid

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2012, 12:57:31 PM »

The 2012 summer gear is slowly trickling out, the knee padding is now soft, "pro shape" is what they are calling them.

http://www.dainese.com/us_en/motorbike/p-d1-canvas.html?gender=2&destinazione_uso=44&cat=4&destinazione_uso=44&cat=21&subcat=23

http://www.dainese.com/us_en/motorbike/p-d1-denim.html?gender=2&destinazione_uso=44&cat=4&destinazione_uso=44&cat=21&subcat=23

http://www.dainese.com/us_en/motorbike/p-d3-brace.html?gender=2&destinazione_uso=44&cat=4&destinazione_uso=44&cat=21&subcat=23

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/dainese-knee-six-soft-knee-guard

There are other pants as well as separate knee pads that are now soft.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 08:02:37 PM by danaid » Logged

11' 1198SP  Black
09' 1100S    Red
Utekineir

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2012, 12:09:08 PM »

My forcefield long john pants showed up last week.  Had time for a couple rides with them.

Impressions:  heavy padding, stays in place great in the upper sections, but the weight of the knee parts is enough that they droop while walking (tall boots help keep them in place by limiting droop).  They fit under nearly all my pants, but I don't wear skinny jeans either.

Compared to the under layer nosorex dainese i felt in a store locally theres really no comparison.  The dainese would be much more transparent.  But far less protective as well i'd assume.

Just hoping the forcefield pants won't be too hot this summer.  Seem like a solid product though.

Also pleasantly surprised the ass tampon doesn't get in the way.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: