Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 20, 2024, 01:38:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: June 7 trackday photos  (Read 4440 times)
AndreRA3
The DFWM envoy to Belgium!

« on: June 09, 2008, 05:04:18 PM »

Well, I don't have much in the way of photos from the Ridesmart trackday from June 7th, but I decided to post whatever good shots I have.  Seems that there where a few folks from the hill country as well (I didn't know that at the time), and I think I got shots for a couple of them.  Can anyone confirm? (I guess I'll make a post in their forum as well).

Don't expect much... I didn't even take my telephoto lens this time, as I didn't want to push my back, I took most of the photos next to the "pit out", with a 50mm lens.  Next time I'll take the big guns again  waytogo

Man, I wish I could have ridden, that big track looks pretty fun! 

Speaking of fun, I have been officially "discharged" by my back doctor.  It's not 100% yet, but it's pretty dang close.   chug to that!!!!

André

vinucci

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 05:37:42 PM »

cool theres a pic of me!!!! Tongue

AndreRA3

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 05:43:53 PM »

red or yellow?

Pedro-bot

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 06:37:38 PM »

red or yellow?

Mustard here. The Don, err Vinucci, is Ketchup. We were thinking of inviting Mayo to our little group of superheroes. Some of ya may know him by his civilian name. Bryant.  Tongue

1999 M750 AKA Little Blue Monster, 2002 S4, 2006 Sport 1000, 2008 Sport 1000, 2005 749s, 2018 R NineT Urban GS
AndreRA3

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 08:07:51 PM »

Cool, I'll see if I have any more shots of you guys.  I almost got a shot of vinnuci waving at me...

dallas2r

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 08:15:51 PM »

Andre, those are some great shots. Nice motion. The composition, DOF and vignette on the trailer shot really make for an intriguing visual.  waytogo  I would love to work with that image some for an art piece. (pppplease)  Grin
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 08:18:20 PM by dallas2r » Logged

2007 Monster S2R1000
2016 Multistrada 1200S Touring/Urban

A motorcycle will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no motorcycle. -Unknown
XJBaylor

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2008, 08:26:32 PM »

Mustard here. The Don, err Vinucci, is Ketchup. We were thinking of inviting Mayo to our little group of superheroes. Some of ya may know him by his civilian name. Bryant.  Tongue

You weren't the yellow one that went down were you? If you happened the be #37 you were really smooth out there, at least through the first few turns (all I saw cornerworking from station one.)

An 848 went down right in front of me, which was a sad sight to see.

Keith
2006 S2R 800 Black/Tang
bryant8

2008 848 White

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2008, 08:35:53 PM »

The Houston guys told me about the 848 that went down. I hope the rider is doing ok. Was that the one that got careflighted out? 

2008 848
Mods: Full Termignoni Race Exhaust/ECU Tuned by AMS, Ducati Performance Dry Clutch Slipper Clutch, Öhlins steering damper
Next: Öhlins TTX shock and Öhlins fork internals, track body work
26.2 done 12/5/2010
70.3 by 10/12/2011
140.6 by 12/31/2012
Red5

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2008, 09:28:18 PM »

Great pics, AndreRA3.

The Houston guys told me about the 848 that went down. I hope the rider is doing ok. Was that the one that got careflighted out? 

No, just a fracture on the elbow and some road rash on his hand where the glove ate through.
He went off in the left-hand corner after the transition from the old track to the new track.  The one that is the downhill and off-camber.
He says he thinks it was the new tires that were not properly warmed up.

He's a member of the Texas Sportbike Assoc. (TSBA).  Not sure if he's registered on the other Duc boards.

The guy that got airlifted out was supposedly stuffing people in the corners for most of the morning.
If that's true, guess it came back and bit him in the ass in the afternoon.

'02 Monster 750 Dark
'03 CBR954RR
'03 CBR600RR (track bike)
AndreRA3

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2008, 09:00:29 AM »

Andre, those are some great shots. Nice motion. The composition, DOF and vignette on the trailer shot really make for an intriguing visual.  waytogo  I would love to work with that image some for an art piece. (pppplease)  Grin

I'll think about it  waytogo.  What do you have in mind?

XJBaylor

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2008, 10:25:23 AM »

Great pics, AndreRA3.

No, just a fracture on the elbow and some road rash on his hand where the glove ate through.
He went off in the left-hand corner after the transition from the old track to the new track.  The one that is the downhill and off-camber.
He says he thinks it was the new tires that were not properly warmed up.

He's a member of the Texas Sportbike Assoc. (TSBA).  Not sure if he's registered on the other Duc boards.

The guy that got airlifted out was supposedly stuffing people in the corners for most of the morning.
If that's true, guess it came back and bit him in the ass in the afternoon.

The 848 looked like he entered a little hotter than he had been earlier in the day, and the front end washed as if he had grabbed the front brake, which I highly doubt that he did. He was pretty smooth and way too deep into the corner to do that.

Keith
2006 S2R 800 Black/Tang
AndreRA3

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2008, 10:29:28 AM »

The 848 looked like he entered a little hotter than he had been earlier in the day, and the front end washed as if he had grabbed the front brake, which I highly doubt that he did. He was pretty smooth and way too deep into the corner to do that.

Sounds like he might have hit a bump and lost the front because of that.  I've done something similar...

LYD

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2008, 12:49:46 PM »

Very nice pics andre!!  waytogo

RIP cdc

01 900 monster
01 748
02 900ss (trackbike)
12 1200s Multistrada
dallas2r

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2008, 09:04:59 PM »

I'll think about it  waytogo.  What do you have in mind?

I hadn't really thought too much about it, other than I kept going back to that shot. A strong composition will hold your gaze. Start from there and you can't go wrong. I played around a little and came up with this. Not saying the final would look like this but I like where it's going. I'd really just like to get something along these lines and maybe output something on canvas for the garage. Lemmee know what you think.

2007 Monster S2R1000
2016 Multistrada 1200S Touring/Urban

A motorcycle will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no motorcycle. -Unknown
AndreRA3

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2008, 08:00:10 AM »

The thing is that I really like that shot, and I don't really want to "give it up", if you know what I mean.  I haven't photographed much since the accident at TWS, so part of me just wants to have something new to call my own work, warts and all. 

Incidentally, that's pretty impressive cloning you've done there!  The gas container, sidestand, uhaul letters...  It really does clean up the composition a lot.

Hmmm.... let me think about all this for a little while longer

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: