Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 25, 2024, 09:02:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ducstock 2011  (Read 1198 times)
Cloner
Nah...I ain't no stinkin'

....because a mind is a terrible thing......

« on: November 04, 2010, 09:20:25 AM »

The Barber Vintage Festival (see below) is currently the largest vintage motorcycle gathering in the United States.  However, in 2011 it will also be the official Ducati.net National Ducati Rally and EVERYBODY with a Ducati is invited.  I've included Vicki Smith's description of the event, below, for your perusal, but I thought everybody in our group ought to know what's happening and should start planning NOW to make this happen.

I've already booked a room at the "official" hotel for Duc Stu and me, so get yours today to share the air.   

From Vicki Smith, the Ducati event organizer....

Event date - Oct 6 (track day) 7/8/9, 2011 event weekend

Plans are rapidly forming for "Ducstock", the Ducati.net National Ducati Rally. It will take place during the huge Barbers Festival event weekend, and will contain at its core the do not miss Ducati TT1/TT2/F1 30th Anniversary celebration, which has outgrown its NY/NJ yearly location and
will for this year be open to all the Ducati lovers instead of by invitation only.

For those not familiar with the Barbers Festival, it's a huge 3 day weekend celebration of all things gearhead including AHRMA and vintage motocross races, a huge used parts swap meet area, vendors, a Bator auction, an air show, a number of bike shows, vintage fire trucks, vintage motocross races and of course, that incredible, literally best in the world, motorcycle museum. Add to that a big Ducati hotel, Ducati only camping, a Ducati only track day and a special area for the Ducati show and activities, with a great view of the track and lots of ultra rare Ducati's already committed to attend and display. In addition, because of the bonus of the first time ever back to back Barbers AHRMA and Biketoberfest Daytona AHRMA, groups are coming from Australia, New Zealand, the UK and more. So please pass the word. Any clubs that would like to be involved contact me directly. It's going to take a village to pull this off but it will be worth it.

This is the link to book the Hampton Inn, Colonnade in Birmingham, AL that will be the main Ducati Owners hotel for the Ducati.net national Ducati rally at Barbers Vintage 2011. It's close to full already, so if you plan to stay there, please book immediately.

There will be a special Ducati camping area as well, within the track, which will accommodate tents, trailers and motor homes, and will be in a premium area, not part of general camping. Information on how to book that area is not available yet.

All rooms are $99 plus tax, we have 100% of the rooms so it's the Ducati Dorm . Those that stayed at the main Indy DOC hotel can vouch for the special camaraderie this creates. There will be special Ducati parking at the entrance, space for trailers in the back, lots of restaurants within walking and the road out of the hotel is a lovely, tree covered ride down a pretty 2 lane road that goes straight to the Barbers gate (12 miles or so,about 15 minutes ride) The hotel is at the freeway entrance if that is your preference. A shuttle to shopping and the airport will be available as well.

Event dates: Track day is expected to be on Oct. 6th, event dates are Oct 7/8/9, 2011

Some details about the area: Barbers Motorsport Park is located in Leeds AL, which is in close proximity to some of the best riding roads in N. America.

2 hours from Atlanta International Airport, airfare and rental cars are remarkably reasonable (my trip to this year's event was $110 r/t on Delta and $120 for 5 days rental car)

To book the hotel:

1. Contact the Hampton Inn Colonnade directly 1-800-861-7168 referencing the group name "Ducati ".

2. Our Hotel website www.birminghamcolonnade.hamptoninn.com
<http://www.birminghamcolonnade.hamptoninn.com/> using the group code DUC.

3. Your personalized link for your group block listed below.

http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/groups/personalized/B/BHMCOHX-DUC-20111004/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG

Regarding the event: There will be a special area for clubs that wish to have a display area. If you just want to be involved, bless you, contact me directly J If you have a Ducati that you'd like to show off, you will never find a more appreciate audience, and there will be plenty of area to display it. Start/finish those restorations! If you would like to volunteer to help, display merchandise or act as a sponsor of this event please contact me directly.

That's it for now, more details as we have them..

Vicki 

Never appeal to a man's "better nature."  He may not have one.  Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage.  R.A. Heinlein

'64 Ducati Monza 250
'67 Aermacchi/HD Sprint SS (race bike)
'00 Aprilia RSV Mille
'03 Ducati 800 SS (race bike)
'04 KTM 450 EXC
'08 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (race bike)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: