Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 09:21:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How To: ECU upgrade/review  (Read 17601 times)
korey

« on: November 26, 2010, 06:13:09 PM »

In this how to I am going to cover how to have your ECU upgraded to the DP ECU specs, as well as a give a review. The bike in this article will be a 2006 Monster S2R1000.

Ok, lets begin.

The first thing you want to do is prop up the tank, this will reveal the ECU on the right side of the bike.

Before doing anything disconnect your negative battery cable.

The harnesses that connect to the ECU are secured in place by these clips that you must push down.

Then pull the harness up.

Disconnect both.

Remove the screws securing it in place.

And remove the ECU. Note the ground wire.

Now you have your ECU ready to be shipped out for a reflash.

ECU has arrived back, you will notice it now has a label saying "S2R1000 Race" because I had the full system flash put on. A slip on map is also available.

Now to reinstall it. Don't forget to put the ground wire on this bolt.

Install the bolts and tighten them down.

Reconnect the ECU harnesses.

Make sure you pull back on the clips to lock them into place.

Connected.

Now reattach the ground wire.

You will need to either have VDST or to bring the bike to a dealer to have both the TPS reset and the idle fuel trim adjusted. I brought it to my local Ducati dealer. You can see he is resetting the TPS in this picture. And you're done!

The end result is the bike runs great. More power all around and much smoother. Revs better and the throttle is much crisper than before. A great mod for anyone to do, especially for the cost. They offer the same service for other bikes as well, just click on the logo below to go to their website. Also you can chose to send in your ECU like I did for $250, or have them reflash a new ECU and send you it for $500.

http://www.houstonsuperbikes.com/index.php?cPath=75&osCsid=6d426778152a54d9ca272bf5e88e9eb5
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 05:24:21 PM by korey » Logged
JimmyTheDriver

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 12:32:16 PM »

I really like the sound of this.  Might have to save up some monies over the winter for this one.

Nice writeup! 

-Jimmy
Artful
I'm glad they make pills for my

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 06:28:33 PM »

Great write-up! I'm in the middle of a how-to thread for replacing immobilized gauges with an aftermarket setup. Instead of reinventing the wheel I'll just send folks here  waytogo

Every time I meet a new group of your friends that understand you and your weird sense of humor I'm a little more amazed that there are other people in the world like you that lived through childhood - My loving girlfriend
CDawg

S4RS

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 03:55:54 PM »

Great write-up and pics!
nfwb11
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 10:15:20 PM »

I'm a little late to the party on this one but +1 on the write-up.  Just wondering how the new/reflashed ECU affects the rest of the bike's electronics... like the odometer?
Artful
I'm glad they make pills for my

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 11:50:13 PM »

Not a bit, the flash doesn't affect odo at all, that info is not stored in the ECU to my knowledge.

Every time I meet a new group of your friends that understand you and your weird sense of humor I'm a little more amazed that there are other people in the world like you that lived through childhood - My loving girlfriend
jvax
in the land of the rising sun

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 01:02:15 AM »

Great write-up  waytogo

'08 R1200GS
'10 M796 ABS Black (Sold)
uglyducky
something, words, clever . . .

one way to do this is we can all get naked . . .

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 04:56:39 PM »

Great write-up  waytogo

+1 thx

2008 S4RS - Tricolore #324 (about to get bastardized)
2007 S4RS - pearl/red with some tweaks (sold)
2005 S4R - Bastarda Nera (sold)
2001 M900Sie modded to high holy hell (sold)
2001 996 Biposto - (sold)
dirtypunkysocalreggae . . . MANDORiCO
uglyducky
something, words, clever . . .

one way to do this is we can all get naked . . .

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2011, 11:51:47 AM »

i was told by beverly hills ducati that getting an ecu reflashed is entirely unreliable - i know this is nonsense but what are the steps and who is good for this job? 

2008 S4RS - Tricolore #324 (about to get bastardized)
2007 S4RS - pearl/red with some tweaks (sold)
2005 S4R - Bastarda Nera (sold)
2001 M900Sie modded to high holy hell (sold)
2001 996 Biposto - (sold)
dirtypunkysocalreggae . . . MANDORiCO
Wedge
Wedge

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2013, 10:36:14 AM »

Great write up and pics...I just pulled my ECU (made easy by your post) and I'm sending it to David at Redline Performance Motorsports in VA  757-989-5000.  They said it's a one day turn around to do the Flash.   I had no idea I would have to bring the bike to the dealer as the final step. Thanks again.  I'll post my results.
suzyj

Does my bum look big on this?

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2013, 03:23:31 PM »

For those in OZ, young Brad Black down in Melbourne, who is a frequent troublemaker here and has answered many of my dumb questions with good advice, is able to reflash ECUs.

Beats the hell out of two lots of international postage.

2007 Monster 695 with a few mods.
2013 Piaggio Typhoon 50 2 stroke speed demon.
Silver King

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2013, 03:49:18 PM »

i was told by beverly hills ducati that getting an ecu reflashed is entirely unreliable - i know this is nonsense but what are the steps and who is good for this job? 

Just got mine reflashed ( 2004 800) by Houston Superbikes.  I had a trusty mechanic up here in Norcal reset the throttle bodies and do some other tweaking.  Under a 1K miles on it now and wish I did it sooner. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: