Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 02:37:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BGB's Surgery!  (Read 10555 times)
Charlief

« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2010, 07:02:30 PM »

I remember that! And people were not do nice to him.

derby

« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2010, 07:02:47 PM »

Really?! For cosmetic surgery?

nope.

I wish you the best of luck but I guess I just don't understand what you are going through.

yup.

(you may wanna go back and re-read the WHOLE thread... including the link in the first post.)

-- derby

'07 Suz GSX-R750

Retired rides: '05 Duc Monster S4R, '99 Yam YZF-R1, '98 Hon CBR600F3, '97 Suz GSX-R750, '96 Hon CBR600F3, '94 Hon CBR600F2, '91 Hon Hawk GT, '91 Yam YSR-50, '87 Yam YSR-50

click here for info about my avatar
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2010, 07:03:58 PM »

I put in what I can now, Erica.  It's not much, but every little bit...

Folks, let's take it easy on Erica.  I'm sure all this has been a very difficult time that many of us cannot fathom.  Including me.  I can only imagine.
Charlief

« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2010, 07:09:14 PM »

I'm aware of her struggles with her sexuality.   It's something she's not going to die from....

derby

« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2010, 07:15:56 PM »

I'm aware of her struggles with her sexuality.   It's something she's not going to die from....

it's also not a "cosmetic surgery".

-- derby

'07 Suz GSX-R750

Retired rides: '05 Duc Monster S4R, '99 Yam YZF-R1, '98 Hon CBR600F3, '97 Suz GSX-R750, '96 Hon CBR600F3, '94 Hon CBR600F2, '91 Hon Hawk GT, '91 Yam YSR-50, '87 Yam YSR-50

click here for info about my avatar
fastwin
She pointed and laughed at my

tap, rack, bang

« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2010, 08:38:43 PM »

It's good you're not asking for donations for an engagement ring.  Grin

Not poking fun, just reminiscing about another thread in the not too distant past.  Wink

Oh my God, you didn't have to bring that up did you? DFB took an ass whooping over that one!! Jeez, I'd forgotten about that. bang head It was distant enough. Seems like that never worked out anyway. Oh well...

Damn, didn't know my initial faux pas regarding the surgery would produce such thought provoking posts. I'm sad to see that BGB has never responded to any of this. It makes me wonder how she is taking all the attention (pro and con) to her request. I'm the original calloused asshole but I wonder how this thread and the way it's going effects her thoughts about even posting the request for funds. Just hope things work out well for her and peace and happiness are just around the corner. waytogo
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 08:50:36 PM by oldfastwin » Logged

I plan to list the Federal Gov't. as a dependent on my next 1040 tax filing!

I have flying honey badgers and I'm not afraid to use them!

The fact that flame throwers exist is proof that someone somewhere said "I'd sure like to set those people over there on fire but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

CONFIDENCE: the feeling you have right before you understand the situation.
SacDuc

WWSDD?

« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2010, 09:02:55 PM »

Damn, didn't know my initial faux pas regarding the surgery would produce such thought provoking posts. I'm sad to see that BGB has never responded to any of this. It makes me wonder how she is taking all the attention (pro and con) to her request. I'm the original calloused asshole but I wonder how this thread and the way it's going effects her thoughts about even posting the request for funds. Just hope things work out well for her and peace and happiness are just around the corner. waytogo

I think the upside is that people are debating whether it is proper to ask for donations for something that is of a more personal benefit (seen as unnecessary by some) than a societal benefit (such as feeding the children, saving the whales, etc.) and NOT deriding her for making this choice. There are a lot of forums where people would be debating whether or not she is going to hell. Which is sad.

Even you stingy make the beast with two backsers and enlightened. I'm so proud.  Grin

sac

HATERS GONNA HATE.
hbliam
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2010, 09:29:11 PM »

exactly everyone must decide for themselves what they want to prioritize.

nobody should judge what one person may find important compared to what someone else considers important to them.

afterall one person's priority is another persons piece of sh%t.

So if I asked for donations to pay off my Challenger SRT8 that would be okay? It's important to me that I get it paid off.  Yeah, I didn't think so.

I agree with Statler. Stuff like unforeseen financially devastating medical payments due to accidents, group wedding gifts for DMF long time members, pay if forward, kids that want to eat dinner, etc. That stuff belongs on the DMF. Elective surgery? Maybe not.

Punx Clever
It never got strange enough for my

« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2010, 09:52:16 PM »

...a societal benefit (such as feeding the children, saving the whales, etc.)...

I modestly propose that we save the whales by feeding them the children.  In doing so, we would not only save the whales, but eliminate the epidemic of starving children.

2008 S2R 1000 - Archangel

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.  - HST
Howie
Post Whore

« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2010, 09:58:33 PM »

So if I asked for donations to pay off my Challenger SRT8 that would be okay? It's important to me that I get it paid off.  Yeah, I didn't think so.

I agree with Statler. Stuff like unforeseen financially devastating medical payments due to accidents, group wedding gifts for DMF long time members, pay if forward, kids that want to eat dinner, etc. That stuff belongs on the DMF. Elective surgery? Maybe not.

Yeah, it would be OK.  Just don't expect anyone to contribute.
ZLTFUL
Mama said I would go blind if I kept playing with my

WWSDD? Why Anal of course!

« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2010, 10:21:59 PM »

It's just my opinion here so take it as you will but give or don't give based on your feelings. But leave the discussion out of it because half of you are coming across as heartless douchebags who wouldn't have a make the beast with two backsing clue in hell what Erica is going through and the other half are coming across as caring individuals who whether they agree with the method or not can at least appreciate how hard it must be for someone to open up their entire soul to this bunch of miscreants.

I have my opinion on the subject but I won't air it here. I will simply wish Erica the best in reaching her goals and godspeed.

Avatar courtesy of www.mybadco.com
2012 Panigale 1199
2003 KTM 640 Adventure
SacDuc

WWSDD?

« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2010, 10:33:28 PM »

if you want, ask for payments for your srt8, that is fine with me.  I don't have a problem with that at all. It doesn't mean that anyone will give you anything but maybe someone will. who knows?

But i'm also not saying that your needs aren't important to you. i'm saying everyone donates to what they feel is important but that person's opinion is not the GOSPEL on what is deserving of charity, that is up to each person to decide.  and vilifying someone for saying that their important priority to them is "not deserving" is basically bs.

as far as giving money for "save the whales, save the poor kid, save the cripple, give me money because my parents are dying of a disease, etc" you can decide on your own if you want to donate to any of those things, as it is your right, just like if i asked you to pay off my house, you can do it or you do not have to do it.  its up to you.

but saying "my that my priorities are MORE acceptable or better charity" is your judgement call on what you prioritize, it doesn't mean that I have to agree that its a BETTER thing more deserving of charity than what i feel is deserving.

Word.

HATERS GONNA HATE.
Drunken Monkey
Scooter-Trash
Flounder-Administrator

« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2010, 11:09:03 PM »

<mod hat>

Let's keep it civil please. There hasn't been any name calling per-se, but including the phrase "coming across like heartless douchebags" doesn't really ring in the holiday cheer.

Thanks

</mod hat>

Speaking for myself (and not as a mod), chiming in on someone's "I need some help" thread about how they aren't going to help..

Reminds me of the kibitzers in people's For Sale threads: Don't like it? Don't buy it. But it's just rude in my book to yammer on about how you don't like it, or it costs too much.

I own several motorcycles. I have owned lots of motorcycles. And have bolted and/or modified lots of crap to said motorcycles...
GAAN
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2010, 11:53:48 PM »

This is not cosmetic surgery that people do because they are shallow and like the look of any innie rather than an outtie. Think about how strongly you would have to feel about what you are doing for you to undergo voluntary surgery. On your penis.

sac

For the record I was voting in support of Erica

But

Since you want to talk down to me, let me respond

I disagree strongly with any surgical adjustments to what mother nature gives an individual

However, regardless of the perspective that I view an issue from

I also feel just as strongly that an individual has the right to do as they damn well please with what mother nature gave them.

Just because I have an opinion on a subject does not mean that I wish to stop the actions of folk with different opinions than my own or that I do not support them in their differing opinion.
ZLTFUL
Mama said I would go blind if I kept playing with my

WWSDD? Why Anal of course!

« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2010, 12:14:58 AM »

<mod hat>

Let's keep it civil please. There hasn't been any name calling per-se, but including the phrase "coming across like heartless douchebags" doesn't really ring in the holiday cheer.

Thanks

</mod hat>

Speaking for myself (and not as a mod), chiming in on someone's "I need some help" thread about how they aren't going to help..

Reminds me of the kibitzers in people's For Sale threads: Don't like it? Don't buy it. But it's just rude in my book to yammer on about how you don't like it, or it costs too much.

First of all, ban me if you want but until any one of us walks a mile in the shoes of someone suffering from gender identity issues, NONE of us and I mean Mod or lowly little non-mod peon poster expressing an opinion alike can even remotely know what this person is going through. Belittling their methods of funding what very well could be a life saving surgery(ever hear of suicide? it happens when people feel like they don't belong anywhere in this world as they are and is a well known and tragic side effect of gender identity issues) is truly douchey no matter what spin you try to put on it.

As for the second part of your post, precisely my point. Like mama used to say, if you don't have anything nice (or productive) to say then people just need to stfu and move on. Don't believe in the cause, whatever it may be, then don't donate. But don't take the holier than thou mentality as if you(everyone not anyone in particular) or anyone knows better than this person's psychiatric team, doctors and counselors.

Avatar courtesy of www.mybadco.com
2012 Panigale 1199
2003 KTM 640 Adventure
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: