Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

May 14, 2024, 04:40:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: *REVIEW ADDED* WHY is it so hard for a girl to get real gear ????  (Read 9148 times)
larakat

« on: June 10, 2008, 06:37:23 PM »

<rant>

So I find Scorpion EXO gear for girls,  momma like.  Momma goes to local dealer and orders pants.  Momma waits.
Then she calls and finds out they are backordered...then she emails ScorpionEXO and they say things will be shipping again May 30...or NOT.
June 6 I call dealer, dealer says, um..still backordered let me call you back.

He doesn't.
Scorpion has no answers.

tic tock tic tock...30 days waiting for pants is stupid.  WTF.  Mladin doesn't wait I bet ya!  bang head
I really want those pants.  popcorn
I'm tryin to be patient.  coffee

I can't order the stuff with flowers and heels and useless buckles that turn me into eyecandy and roadkill...know what I mean?  cheeky
Cause I ride a bit hard.  Know what I mean?   Evil
But I don't wanna completely look like a guy, or that kid from "The Christmas Story" that can't put his arms down. Know what I mean?  bang head
And it's HOT here.  It's June and humid and pre-Hurricane muggy hot as hell, so I can't wear riding leathers (and not fall unconsious). Know what I mean?
And I really wanted THOSE pants.  (where the hell is the stomping pouting emoticon!?!?!)

</rant>

Well I feel much better.   drink
Damn I'm really glad the DMF exists.  Cool

« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 03:49:21 PM by larakat » Logged
DoubleEagle

" If you are unafraid you will be safe "

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 07:14:21 PM »

Don't you like any of the Dainese stuff or the Ducati gear ?

'08 Ducati 1098 R    '09 BMW K 1300 GT   '10 BMW S 1000 RR

Shortest sentence...." I am "   Longest sentence ... " I Do "
somegirl
crazy bike girl

aka msincredible

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 07:24:27 PM »

I feel your pain...I had to wait over two months just to get a Shoei RF-1000 in XS. bang head

Need help posting pictures?  Check out the photo FAQ.
ToyDragon

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 11:05:08 PM »

I had the same problem finding pants that 1) fit and 2) appealed to my sense of style

I ended up with Rev-it Marryl leather pants, they also make a GP pant that was pretty appealing.  And get this, CE armor!  How awesome is that?!  I found women's motorcycle gear that isn't tassles and pink leather and has REAL armor not just foam padding!  The rest of the day I waited for the sky to start falling.

Great pair of pants though, I almost ordered the longs but turns out they probably would have been to long, the regulars fit me pretty good and I'm 5'6" with a 30" inseam, just waiting for them to "wear in".

FYI, if you buy from a Euro company and are ordering from a store, make sure you order several different sizes to try on, converting their sizes to U.S. sizes isn't always accurate.
FLSTFI_E46

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008, 06:41:18 AM »

+1 Dainese makes plenty of functional and quality gear for both men and woman.   In my area, local Duc dealers have selections to try on of fitness.
larakat

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2008, 06:32:13 PM »

Yes I do.  I love almost everything.
My wallet doesn't though.    Tongue
larakat

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2008, 06:33:11 PM »

I feel your pain...I had to wait over two months just to get a Shoei RF-1000 in XS. bang head

That's just ri-dick-a-lous.
But I hear ya.  I go shopping at CycleGear or Barney's and it's rolling dice for that XS in a helmet.
larakat

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2008, 06:34:30 PM »

I had the same problem finding pants that 1) fit and 2) appealed to my sense of style

I ended up with Rev-it Marryl leather pants, they also make a GP pant that was pretty appealing.  And get this, CE armor!  How awesome is that?!  I found women's motorcycle gear that isn't tassles and pink leather and has REAL armor not just foam padding!  The rest of the day I waited for the sky to start falling.

Great pair of pants though, I almost ordered the longs but turns out they probably would have been to long, the regulars fit me pretty good and I'm 5'6" with a 30" inseam, just waiting for them to "wear in".

FYI, if you buy from a Euro company and are ordering from a store, make sure you order several different sizes to try on, converting their sizes to U.S. sizes isn't always accurate.

Thanks for that ToyDragon.  I'll check out Rev-it brand.  Good pointers to sizing as well.
mcgalinmd

Where's that Ketchup? Tailight is waiting!

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2008, 10:57:21 AM »

I've told my friends if I wear any motorcycle gear that has pink on it that they are allowed to shoot me on the spot!  Grin

I often ride by myself in somewhat remote locations.  Even though i've got the power to get away, I don't want anything identifying me as a woman (minus my breasts, which are sort of "hidden" by my tank bag) - so people don't run me off the road and rob me, etc.  I think I fear that more than wrecking.

Anwyay, for gear I find that Fieldsheer women's sizing is spot on and fits at your hips, not the waist.

The mens gear is often too skinny in the arms, not enough fabric in the waist, and yep, no armor. 

If I tried to get in Dainese gear, you'd have to remove 1/2 of me.  It just does not fit. Sad  Blame 13 years of swimming and other sports for my "sturdy" frame. Smiley

Can you imagine a world without a Ducati???  I think it's called Hell. Smiley
tbird245

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2008, 11:07:24 AM »

You think that's bad? I had to wait 53 seconds for my triple espresso at Starbucks this morning! 53!!!

larakat

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2008, 04:27:55 AM »

I've told my friends if I wear any motorcycle gear that has pink on it that they are allowed to shoot me on the spot!  Grin    ROTFL   laughingdp

I often ride by myself in somewhat remote locations.  Even though i've got the power to get away, I don't want anything identifying me as a woman (minus my breasts, which are sort of "hidden" by my tank bag) - so people don't run me off the road and rob me, etc.  I think I fear that more than wrecking.

Anwyay, for gear I find that Fieldsheer women's sizing is spot on and fits at your hips, not the waist.

The mens gear is often too skinny in the arms, not enough fabric in the waist, and yep, no armor. 

If I tried to get in Dainese gear, you'd have to remove 1/2 of me.  It just does not fit. Sad  Blame 13 years of swimming and other sports for my "sturdy" frame. Smiley

OMG, I don't know what's better your humorous writing or you tips.  Thanks!  chug
larakat

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2008, 04:28:38 AM »

You think that's bad? I had to wait 53 seconds for my triple espresso at Starbucks this morning! 53!!!

OMG!!!!  What is WRONG with this COUNTRY!!!!!?Huh?Huh?
aprilmaybe

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2008, 10:52:57 AM »

The Scorpion women's gear is brand new to market which is part of the holdup. I was at a dealer in Redondo Beach, CA last weekend and they had some of it in house. They may be willing to do mail order with you.

http://www.delamo-motorsports.com/
866-460-5261

I really like some of their styling.
corey
Is that a throttle tube in your pocket? Or just your

'06 Tang/Black S2R800

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2008, 11:23:02 AM »

my lady has the same problems. we are thinking about saving our pennies for a few years and opening up a ladies specific shop here in pittsburgh. she would be doing it for the "cause." I would be there for the sightseeing i guess Grin

When all the land lays in ruin... And burnination has forsaken the countryside... Only one guy will remain... My money's on...
DoubleEagle

" If you are unafraid you will be safe "

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2008, 07:16:04 PM »

If you have a more athletic like build maybe ( and don't take this the wrong way ) you should think about men's leather. 

'08 Ducati 1098 R    '09 BMW K 1300 GT   '10 BMW S 1000 RR

Shortest sentence...." I am "   Longest sentence ... " I Do "
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: