Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 24, 2024, 12:16:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1100S vs. 1100. Is it Worth the Extra $$?  (Read 5734 times)
Jarvicious
The guy in my avatar wants your

Balls

« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2011, 05:38:36 AM »

Wow.  I hadn't even really looked at the 1100 until now, but I'd go with the Evo, hands down. 

Like Raux said, the forks are fully adjustable and I'd be willing to bet the same, seasoned rider on either an Evo or an S would run the same-ish lap times at a track with each bike's respective suspension.  Take that and give the Evo a better price tag, muuuuuuch better rearsets and (imo) that beautiful shotgun exhaust. 

As far as the exhaust is concerned, there's always a way around that and you're not going to be able to avoid the cat, lamda sensors, etc on a new bike.  Period.  Buy the bike that better suits you and looks better to you and worry about the little shit later on. 

We're liberated by the hearts that imprison us.  We're taken hostage by the ones that we break.
drspencer

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2011, 09:39:58 PM »

.........As far as the exhaust is concerned, there's always a way around that and you're not going to be able to avoid the cat, lamda sensors, etc on a new bike. 

Are you suggesting that even after installing aftermarket exhaust, you're still stuck with a cat?

I looked at a 2012 1100 Evo. I liked everything about it, except the look of the low, 2-1-2 exhaust.

The dealer said that while exhaust can be changed, the 2012 stock exhaust is the best for street riding.

He further explained that when you change this type of exhaust, the heat given off by aftermarket products is unbearable when stopped in traffic.

Oh, they also want $12.5K for the bike. Can anyone comment on that?

Thanks
Raux
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2011, 10:03:09 PM »

all the Monsters have the Cat in the exhaust cans... so change cans=remove the cat.

as far as heat from aftermarket vs stock... stock cans will be hotter due to cats inside.
drspencer

« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2011, 10:07:37 PM »

all the Monsters have the Cat in the exhaust cans... so change cans=remove the cat.

as far as heat from aftermarket vs stock... stock cans will be hotter due to cats inside.

If I don't like the look of the 2012 Evo 2-1-2 exhaust, what would you recommend replacing it with, and how much $ would it cost to do so?

Thanks
Raux
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2011, 10:10:45 PM »

Take a look at this thread

http://www.ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=50168.0
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: