Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 17, 2024, 03:24:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please Help

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 265   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The DFWM say anything thread  (Read 403069 times)
RED
carries my

'04 ST4s, '73 Triumph Bonneville 750 cafe

« Reply #1530 on: November 20, 2008, 10:02:16 AM »

wow.  i had no idea you guys had such strong ideas about M&Ms...  I seriously hope that I have not offended you and your M&M loving friends.  I love M&Ms too.  I just don't think we should eat them.  Their playful shapes and bright colors are sadly a natural invitation to violence on these helpless creatures, and <insert deity or philosophical paradigm> granted us dominion over these beautiful souls, not to visit our mayhem upon them, but to enjoy them and help them prosper.

-The Svoloch

I feel the same about garlic, broccoli, tomatoes, peppers, field greens, potatos, carrots and the whole veggie kingdom.
dallas2r

« Reply #1531 on: November 20, 2008, 10:57:46 AM »

...not to visit our mayhem upon them, but to enjoy them and help them prosper.

I like to think that I'm releasing their souls from the bonds of their constrictive existence. Like a pupa to a butterfly, it's only natural that every M&M must change into it's beautiful, mature self. The fact that I'm helping them along their life's path is a great comfort to me and it gives me a sense of achievement.

2007 Monster S2R1000
2016 Multistrada 1200S Touring/Urban

A motorcycle will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no motorcycle. -Unknown
caffeinejunkee

'07 M695--sold; red '96 900SS CR; '04 Busa--sold

« Reply #1532 on: November 20, 2008, 10:59:54 AM »

That wind is vicious today....  Shocked
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 11:02:32 AM by caffeinejunkee » Logged
muskrat

« Reply #1533 on: November 20, 2008, 11:11:07 AM »

ride faster and it will feel like melted butta

Can we thin the gene pool? 

2015 MTS 1200
09 Electra Glide
RED
carries my

« Reply #1534 on: November 20, 2008, 02:58:12 PM »

I like to think that I'm releasing their souls from the bonds of their constrictive existence. Like a pupa to a butterfly, it's only natural that every M&M must change into it's beautiful, mature self. The fact that I'm helping them along their life's path is a great comfort to me and it gives me a sense of achievement.

Doesn't most of this thread belong on the That's B. S.thread?
Duc L'Smart

« Reply #1535 on: November 20, 2008, 03:17:10 PM »

I think it was a bad combination of pepperoni pizza, chicken express, cake, cigars & alchohol... Tongue

'07 1098s, '06 Paul Smart LE, '99 BMW K1200RS, '73 BMW R75/5, '67 Ducati Monza 250 Bevel Drive, '63 Vespa GS 160
pipeliner1978
« Reply #1536 on: November 20, 2008, 07:42:18 PM »

I think it was a bad combination of pepperoni pizza, chicken express, cake, cigars & alchohol... Tongue
sounds like.........home
fastwin
« Reply #1537 on: November 20, 2008, 07:49:53 PM »

Hmmm, Christmas is just around the corner and as far as anyone knows I have been good... sort of. Just saying.

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=35042 

Maybe I should forward this to Jen. Nah!! laughingdp
pipeliner1978
« Reply #1538 on: November 20, 2008, 07:58:37 PM »

you're gonna need more KP......
fastwin
« Reply #1539 on: November 23, 2008, 08:26:54 PM »

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that this board has gone bonkers? Nine out of ten threads are not even bike related. Just saying.... I guess I am just an old member who knows how it used to be. I swear, this used to be a Ducati motorcycle forum. No wonder we have lost so many good folks. Tongue Maybe I should go too. Again, just saying... would it be too much to ask to keep the board based on it's original intent/format? I belong to rc51.org and zrxoa.org and they would never put up with the shit that's on our board. Maybe my time has past. This board has radically changed over the last year and I don't know if it's really been a good change. Whatever... just my opinion. As if that means anything. Tongue Regardless, have a great Thanksgiving everyone. Adios.
BarneePhife

Nip it! In the bud!

« Reply #1540 on: November 23, 2008, 08:43:22 PM »

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that this board has gone bonkers? Nine out of ten threads are not even bike related. Just saying.... I guess I am just an old member who knows how it used to be. I swear, this used to be a Ducati motorcycle forum. No wonder we have lost so many good folks. Tongue Maybe I should go too. Again, just saying... would it be too much to ask to keep the board based on it's original intent/format? I belong to rc51.org and zrxoa.org and they would never put up with the shit that's on our board. Maybe my time has past. This board has radically changed over the last year and I don't know if it's really been a good change. Whatever... just my opinion. As if that means anything. Tongue Regardless, have a great Thanksgiving everyone. Adios.

Don't get discouraged.  DFWM is one forum out of over 60 forums here on DucatiMonsterForum.com.
There's plenty of moto content in other forums here...
http://ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?board=1.0
http://ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?board=8.0
http://ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?board=4.0
http://ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?board=5.0

I think this topic has already been discussed in DFWM before.  It's what makes DFWM a place that most people enojoy to participate in.  If anyone's not getting enough of "what they need/expect" out of DFWM, there's plenty of options.  Honestly, is someone vacationing in Honolulu going to come to DFMW to ask us about good places to eat?  No.  That's why they'd go to an appropriate forum.  Choices make this place useful for all.

Happy Thanksgiving!  Hope to see you out at one of the upcoming get togethers or rides.  [moto]

• 2006 Ducati SportClassic 1000
  • 1978 Yamaha GT 80

Ambition is a poor excuse for not having sense enough to be lazy.
RED
carries my

« Reply #1541 on: November 23, 2008, 09:03:17 PM »

Hmmm, Christmas is just around the corner and as far as anyone knows I have been good... sort of. Just saying.

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=35042 

Maybe I should forward this to Jen. Nah!! laughingdp

...again...I wonder who in this group will be the first to step up and buy a Desmo...
RED
carries my

« Reply #1542 on: November 23, 2008, 09:25:01 PM »

Well, when I have questions about my ST I go to that forum on Ducati.ms and loaf around there a while. When I want to get some moto news there are a treasure trove of places to envade. When I want to actually SEE and ride with people riding Ducatis I come here. I can participate with the people on this forum I can't do that for the most part with other forums. So if what you're saying is that this forum has become a social board then I'd have to agree it has. When I come in here I get all warm and IZ_ knowing I'm in a group of like-minded people. In fact there have been many of my questions answered here on the forum. So, I am sorry Brian, but if all this forum was intended for was to discuss items only related to the mechanics of the Ducatis we ride there would a lot less posts, a lot less parties, a lot less people to socialize with here in my humble opinion. That's why I stay too. I hope you stay because if it weren't for you I'd be the oldest guy in here!! We could put a lot of restrictions for the forum but then it would change back into a place you could put a word in a query box and have an answer returned. How much fun is that?  I'm just sayin.... l

Oh, and formy Turkey day, since my family doesn't like Turkey I have to have to something like ham or chicken or steak or roast beef. Now THAT I have a problem with! Anyway, I hope everyone has a grand ol holiday too. Gobble Gobble Gobble
RED
carries my

« Reply #1543 on: November 23, 2008, 10:43:03 PM »

Then again I look around at other "motorcycle clubs" sites and find this and am thankful we're who we are...

http://www.tiptopwebsite.com/websites/index2.php?username=yonkersmotorclub&page=16

I'm just sayin...
dallas2r

« Reply #1544 on: November 23, 2008, 11:36:45 PM »

I hear ya' Brian. I think it's a tough balance to maintain. I enjoy the social aspect of our local board and I don't think I'd have nearly as much Ducati fun without it. I've met some great people and hope to count them as friends for a long time to come. That being said, I do feel disappointed that the un-moderated and sometimes overly immature content might have contributed to some good people dropping off. It's probably easier for some to just stop coming here than to express an opinion that goes against the grain so I for one appreciate your voice. I do find myself skipping more and reading less, knowing the likely content within.  Undecided

2007 Monster S2R1000
2016 Multistrada 1200S Touring/Urban

A motorcycle will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no motorcycle. -Unknown
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 265   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: