Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 11:44:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: rear stand  (Read 1404 times)
MostroS2R

« on: June 12, 2008, 05:08:15 AM »

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, still new to sporty bikes and chains.
Does the ducati rear stand just slide into the rear axle with no locking mechanism? Can't the bike slip off?

Rocco
07 S2R
mitt
Flounder-Administrator

2003 M1000s

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 06:42:47 AM »

Does the ducati rear stand just slide into the rear axle with no locking mechanism? Can't the bike slip off?

The pin is long enough into the axle, and it fights tight enough, and there is enough friction, that there is more force keeping the bike on the pin than force trying to slide it off, thus it can't slide off.

mitt

MostroS2R

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 07:14:01 AM »

Thanks Mitt, I don't want to drop my baby.  Smiley

Rocco
07 S2R
jammer

2007 S2R1000

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 07:51:50 AM »

If you want to come over, I can demo my stand on my bike.  No problems or worries when the bike's on its stand all winter.
MostroS2R

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 07:56:46 AM »

Where you located Jammer?

Rocco
07 S2R
jammer

2007 S2R1000

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 08:07:01 AM »

PM sent.
aaronb

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 09:46:49 AM »

The pin is long enough into the axle, and it fights tight enough, and there is enough friction, that there is more force keeping the bike on the pin than force trying to slide it off, thus it can't slide off.

mitt

i wouldn't say can't, anything is possible, though it is not probable.  i have had my bike move on rear stand before, but i was trying to slide the rear stand sideways to get the bike tight up against a wall.  i saw it slide off about a 1/2 inch so i just grabbed the tire and put my foot against the stand and pulled it back into place, no biggie.  but when used properly the rear stands are very secure.

the t-rex stand actually has a treaded rod w/ a big washer to lock the stand in place.  i think it is a bit of an over kill.

Milwaukee, WI
'07 s2r1k, '81 honda cb400t
the ron

pseodohollageniccoumpoundcianigin

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2008, 06:45:29 PM »

I purchased this amazing stand on ebay for 80.00 and i don't know what brand it is but it fits right into the open axle of my rear um.... axle. its the same stand they sell as a factory ducati rear stand retail was about 250, so i got a good deal.
 but make sure you keep the bike in gear when letting it down and when you are away from the machine, put a chock under the front wheel. i had my eighthundred on the stand in a driveway with a slight grade. since it has wheels on it and the rear tire is off the ground it has the ability to roll.  and roll it did, to the best of its abilty,my bike rolled about 60 feet and i turned around and said to it" are you kidding me?" being that my s2r lacks the ability to vocally respond to me i had to chase it down the driveway before it headed off into a cow pasture.

just a little heads up .

the ron Evil

" If you were directly above him, then how did you see him?"
"...... Because i was inverted."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: