Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

May 01, 2024, 06:12:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ducati Tech no longer at the Harley Store  (Read 6026 times)
Smitch

only thing whiter is my skin!

« on: March 04, 2011, 03:21:11 PM »

Just to keep everyone informed, Kevin Marshall, the only remaining Ducati Tech at PPHD, has taken a job at a Knoxville, TN dealer.  

So, there is nowhere "official" to go in Colorado Springs for service.  Owning a Ducati in C/S just got a little more exotic.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 03:23:23 PM by Smitch » Logged
lytehouse

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 03:41:47 PM »

John & I stopped by there and missed saying "goodbye" to him by no more than 2 mins! 

We wish him the best and it sounds like he'll have a good job in Tennessee.

KRJ

'07 MTS 1100S , '03 XR650L , '78 KZ 1000

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 08:35:24 PM »

He will be better deserved at any other shop than there, God bless and good travels Kevin, hope it works out well.. waytogo

" I believe You understand what You think I said, but I'm not sure You realize that what You heard is not what I meant " !!
aerofaze

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 09:40:18 AM »

He'll be better off where they'll appreciate his talent... good luck, Kevin, thanks for serving my bike!

As for me, Brian at Boulder Motorsports, here I come.
Lieutenant Dan

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 08:22:19 PM »

Was this the only local Ducati mechanic? I'm thinking of getting a Monster soon. Very new to this...                  And is Boulder the closest place now?

'07 695
aerofaze

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 08:49:50 AM »

No, Boulder is not the closest, but I was very impressed with BMS's service facility and reputation.  waytogo Brian's shop is purely Ducati service, so that's why I'll be headed up that way this month.

Fay Myers in Southern Denver and Erico Motorsports downtown Denver will do Duc maintenance.  You might also want to call to see if TFOG, 303 Cycle, or Performance Cycle (all in Denver) can do certain services.  I'm guessing they're more limited.

In Colorado Springs, Apex won't touch any brand they don't sell, and I don't trust Rocky Mountain Cycle Plaza.
Lieutenant Dan

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 09:26:54 PM »

Great, thanks! Yeah that Pikes Peak place seemed shady to me, too when I stepped in there. Not a pleasant experience.

'07 695
KRJ

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 10:05:26 PM »

Make a point to contact the Folks on the MHM club board, thats the Denver crowd, Great bunch of People there that can help on most every Duc related issue, a wealth of info on any shop in Colo..... Damn good place to start.   And bye the way, Welcome to The SoCoDog Family, or the Ducati Family in General.. We may be a little disfunctual at times but, Oh Well...Hope to ride with You all soon.. cheers, KRJ

" I believe You understand what You think I said, but I'm not sure You realize that what You heard is not what I meant " !!
aerofaze

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2011, 01:35:56 PM »

... We may be a little disfunctual at times but, Oh Well...

Shocked  Can't be any more dysfunctional than the riders I usually hang out with!!!  chug
bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

The Blue Flame 2008 695 Monster Controlled Folly

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2011, 07:59:29 PM »

And there's always PJ's in Albuquerque where I get all my parts.  They used to do all my work when the bike was still under warranty.  My son does the work now and it's a heck of a lot cheaper. 

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
KRJ

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2011, 09:19:10 PM »

Thats right, and there are a lot of Folks around here to help. Hollar if You need a hand with something....

mikethebike427

mikethebike427

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2011, 06:49:31 AM »

I need the fork seals replaced on my 07 ST3, can anybody recommend a mechanic  Huh?
I am also looking for somebody to paint my new Top Case, could not get it in Red ended up with silver, but at least I got one before they went extinct.

Look fast ! Ride Faster !
KRJ

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2011, 07:37:53 PM »

Mike, sorry for the delayed response, We need to visit a bit about Your projects. I can rebuild Your forks and I have a friend who is an excellent painter, PM Me and We can work out the details... waytogo

DucatiTorrey
My wife's super hero is my

Industrial Designer

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2011, 04:34:35 PM »

Mike, sorry for the delayed response, We need to visit a bit about Your projects. I can rebuild Your forks and I have a friend who is an excellent painter, PM Me and We can work out the details... waytogo

Hey KRJ, would you be able to help "re-spring" my rear shock on my 696? i am looking for a stiffer spring. I heard it takes a revalving.

I also am interested in powdercoating my triples to match black, but dont have space or more importantly a front stand

thanks man

Jim

- real place
bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

The Blue Flame 2008 695 Monster Controlled Folly

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2011, 06:59:00 PM »

Sounds like a shop day is on order.  Tell Shannon to get the carmel brownies in the pan.  We'll pick up some beer on the way down.   cheeky

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: